PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Granada
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Granada  (Read 6961 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Granada
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »

Ian is correct on this.  AJ was asked to step up with no notice and did so admirably.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 03:27:17 PM »

“It's a horrible kit”

Sold in excess of 200 shirts in a week all over the world, I should know, I’ve posted most of them!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 03:39:52 PM »

“It's a horrible kit”

Sold in excess of 200 shirts in a week all over the world, I should know, I’ve posted most of them!!

Isn't that sensitive information?

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 03:55:48 PM »

Nothing to hide Andrew.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 04:00:56 PM »

Nothing to hide Andrew.

You might not, I'm thinking more about the club to be honest Ian. Are they okay with the number of shirt sales going out into the public domain so freely?

Besides, is it something to be boasting about? Makes us look like our incentive was to flog replicas and ride this wave to a quick buck.

Cider Alty

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »

can't wait till this all over and we can concentrate on football again.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

3 points is priority tomorrow!

Matt Taylor

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 04:46:45 PM »

Nepotism? If you're referring to AJ, that's an unfair and completely wrong accusation, Cult. I liaised with Chris Hall over coverage, and he said he would like to film the kit being laid out in the home changing room and also interview the chairman. After doing all that, Chris said 'I don't suppose there'd be a player available, would there?' AJ happened to be on hand because of the community work he does, and he was good enough to step before the camera. There were no other players around. In much the same way, the subsequent interview with John Skelhorn was an afterthought by Chris. Nepotism never came into it.

Given the chairman’s excruciating performance earlier in the week on the Thats Manchester TV feature, it’s was probably for the best that AJ just happened to be on hand and was willing to step in. And I don’t think he did a bad job overall, but it was still a touch disappointing to hear one of the clan referring to us as a “little club” on the telly.

roytonmike

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »

can't wait till this all over and we can concentrate on football again.
Hear, hear ...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:44 PM »

It's a horrible kit and no amount of coverage is going to win me and others over to it, unfortunately. I still firmly believe the same reach could have been achieved with a more considered design and a thought out launch. Got to mention this quote from Bill in today's Telegraph:

"It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing of kits but that’s not the point - We’re not making a fashion statement, we’re making a statement of belief.” A subtle acceptance spun into a really positive statement about what we're doing. Good work indeed.

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/15/altrincham-prepare-make-history-wearing-lgbt-rainbow-kit-would/

Hmmm....not much rainbow-coloured enlightenment on display in the comments posted underneath that article but, then again, they are Telegraph readers after all.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »

Nothing to hide Andrew.

Do we know what proportion of the revenue generated by the sale of these replica shirts will eventually find its way into the club's Inclusion & Diversity budget?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Granada