PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spennymoor Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spennymoor Match Thread  (Read 9167 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »

As correctly commented above, the performances haven't been great for a while now. The passing last night was too slow and we weren't able to stretch their defence or turn any of their defenders, all the play was in front of them. Its a shame that the suspension of Jordan has also coincided with the dip in form of a number of players, notably Hampson, Harrop and JJ (all influential). We need to try and keep in in touch with the play-offs, get Jordan back and hope that James Poole can get fit for the run in. I think what the last few weeks have shown is that we have a very good starting 11 when everybody is fit, but lack squad depth.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »

The performance vs Spennymoor was far more encouraging than BPA (which was dire), even though we got 1 less point.

There wasn't much between the 2 sides and we looked the better team for large parts of the game. First goal was probably key and we didn't get what looked like a clear penalty when Tom Hannigan was pushed over with a 2 handed shove in the back, seemed that the ref saw it and bottled it, so it would be interesting to see it back on Alty TV if possible.

They were more clinical in front of goal and put a couple of chances away, first one a belter although he should have been closed down for the shot.

Ceesay was impressive, especially in first half. Hope Jordan Hulme has learned his lesson by now when he is back...as Hulme, Ceesay and JJ should get us back in the goals.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »

In my opinion and it's a very long shot we need to try and get dale or hemmings back.hemmings was sub last night

If I'm honest I only want to see them back at Alty on a permanent basis. There is no mileage in having both great players if after a month or so they go back to there respective clubs.
They come back on loan,  we win 5 games on the bounce then they return to there club. Then we struggle again.
Sorry not for me, its all or nothing..

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 10:30:04 PM »

I think what the last month has shown us is the standard required. We more than matched Chorley & Spenny for the first half of both games but ultimately ended up losing both comfortably. I did think before the season started we’d be an upper mid-table outfit and whilst we might scrape the play offs I’d be very surprised if we won them.

Frankly after all the ups and downs of the last few seasons starting August as a Conference North club is probably good for the management, squad and club. A summer to make the right tweaks and additons fo the squad. I think it will probably be a fairly open league again next season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

I think what the last month has shown us is the standard required. We more than matched Chorley & Spenny for the first half of both games but ultimately ended up losing both comfortably. I did think before the season started we’d be an upper mid-table outfit and whilst we might scrape the play offs I’d be very surprised if we won them.

Frankly after all the ups and downs of the last few seasons starting August as a Conference North club is probably good for the management, squad and club. A summer to make the right tweaks and additons fo the squad. I think it will probably be a fairly open league again next season.

Realistic assessment.
Good post.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 10:38:20 PM »

Ceesay had a decent first half.

We were so slow going forward. Moult is looking very tired and slow again. As soon as he got on the ball they had all their players back in position.

JJ's final ball continues to be poor and it baffles me that he takes corners. On that note our set pieces are awful.

Again we looked tired and they had far more energy. I would consider Richman and Williams in the middle of the park for a couple of games or go to three in there until Jordan returns.

Hancock had his worst game but he has been class so he was due an off game.

Hannigan may have misplaced a touch for their first, I missed this, but he was by far our best player last night.

The heavy touch by Hannigan forced him to play it back to Drench rather than run out with the ball. So that was before the clearance from the keeper, not after it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:18 AM »

Sensible post; the only thing I'll add is that the management team are learning all the time too.

Similar to when they first came in, I hope they have their targets for the summer lined up nice and early (although not in a Neil Young signing Hattersley etc nice and early kinda way).

andrewflynn

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 08:59:05 AM »

Realistic assessment.
Good post.

Aye, good post. Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spennymoor Match Thread