PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth - Match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Blyth - Match thread  (Read 9445 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth - Match thread
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »

Dry bright and breezy in Altrincham this morning
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »

no drench wynne on the bench
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »

no drench wynne on the bench

Drench hurt his knee in training and they are taking their time getting him back.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:52 PM »

It went how I thought it was going to go. Blyth were fit and up in our faces.

No complaints with the draw.

I have no idea why we swapped Ceesay and JJ when Ceesay was having joy on the left and even though he looked tired I would have kept him on because they had no idea how to defend against him.

I would have brought Harrop or Dolan on for Hancock who was off the pace tonight. I mentioned it against Spennymoor but I felt we looked tired again tonight.

Hannigan was MOTM with Cessay a close second IMO.

York will be tough but we seem to play better away.

I would play Densmore and White on Saturday.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »

Controversy with their equaliser, didn't look like a back pass, but see what Alty TV shows. Didn't think either of their two back passes, some Alty fans were shouting for free kicks, were to be fair. Overall after looking like we were going to blow them away in the first 20 mins, I thought Blyth in the end probably deserved a draw, seemed more organised as the game went on, without creating much and we seemed to run out of steam.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:53 PM »

Only listened to the second half on RR but sounds like 1-1 was a fair reflection. Unfortunately you do have to say with some of the games coming up that has to be regarded as 2 points dropped. Our insurance policy is that two of our last three opponents for me are probably going to get relegated but from now until the Nuneaton game in mid-April virtually every opponent is a top half and in-form team.

I look forward to going to York on Saturday and often this team does play better away, another big game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »

Fair result, even though their goal looked a shocking decision. Didn't create enough to take all 3 points.

Hancock was no where as influencing as he was on Saturday, which was the difference. No more Tuesday night games please

Hannigan was my mom.

Disappointing evening all told
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 11:16:56 PM »

Have to say think 2 points dropped, there goal came from what was not a back pass in my opinion, they created little else there keeper was the busier of the two and made three top quality saves I thought.

We did tire and thought Hulme added little when he came on. Frustrating...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 08:05:35 AM »

I'm sorry but we have to be more adventurous at home if we want to get out of this league.
JJ needs to have more support he had good runs which came to nothing due to lack of an outlet to pass to.
Taking The Pig off for Jordon puzzled me, both of them should have played up top second half.
There were times when we had a back five in the second half. Blyth weren't that good to merit a five.
Not an enjoyable watch for me.
Hannigan  MotM closely followed by JJ

Have got my name on the bus for York Saturday.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 09:51:41 AM »

Brief highlights now on the feed on our official site. Certainly not a backpass from Moult. Normally it has to be absolutely blatant for referees to give a free kick for that sort of thing, so we were really unlucky there. Brilliant save from Thompson to claw the ball over the bar.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »

To be honest I think the referee was within his rights to give that backpass the moment Thompson picked it up. Needed to go into Row Z.

My problem was with the inconsistencies shown later in the game, especially a similar incident in the second half which I'm hoping is part of the full Alty TV package. You've got to give them all.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 10:47:58 AM »

To be honest I think the referee was within his rights to give that backpass the moment Thompson picked it up. Needed to go into Row Z.

My problem was with the inconsistencies shown later in the game, especially a similar incident in the second half which I'm hoping is part of the full Alty TV package. You've got to give them all.

Agree with above. I am not saying it was a back pass but I can see how it was given. Any doubt then Thompson should have laced that ball up field. Not solely blaming Thompson because it was a close call,but that sort of decision making is why we need the calmness and experience of Drench. He best hurry up back as all these games are now vital.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »

Of course it wasn’t a back pass but I also can see why it was given, because of the inept standard of referring that infects our level of football. Lessons learned by supporters over many years - don’t give these nitwits the opportunity to make themselves the centre of attention. Row Z is where that should of gone - or the golf course.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »

Watching the brief highlights back (how annoying/pointless are those adverts in the middle??) I can see why the ref penalised the back pass but others wouldn't have. Its the inconsistency of not giving us the same at the other end a short while later that's frustrating.

I thought both teams did well in very difficult conditions and a draw was a fair result.

Great save from TT in the 2nd half.

Josh Hancock wasn't at his best last night and when he plays well, the team invariably does - or is it the other way around?

We can't win handsomely every game and they are a decent side so not too disappointed.

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 02:51:16 PM »

The people hailing drench as the answer to all our problems seem to have forgotten his appalling clearance that should have seen fcum equalise....given the amount of kamikaze sliced backpasses Thomson deals with I'm sure drench will struggle with the 100% accuracy some fans expect....also an absolutely superb save from Thomson stopped us losing 2-1 last night....I accept we look a bit calmer overall with drench in the sticks

We played well last night and it is as much our outfield performances that dictate why we have conceded 1 in 3 as opposed to 4 in the last 3 with drench in goals!!

cant win em all 4-0 and 6-0 and we are still a work in progress..hard decisions need to be made whatever the result of the play offs for us...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth - Match thread