PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Signings
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Signings  (Read 4857 times)

Jenga

New Signings
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »

Ok I am getting a little worried.

We see day in day out of clubs signing players right left and centre.

Yet we have only signed a 37 year old defender. Althought a good 37 year old defender.

I am concerned who and when we will sign our new players.

Anyone know anything or can shed some light on perhaps who we are looking at? I assume we are all in the dark though on this subject?

Anyone else concerned yet?

tiggeralty

Re: New Signings
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »

I was saying the other day that we had only signed one player and that we needed more, we have to get a move on or there won't be any one left to sign. It is a bit of a worry, I thought we would of heard more by now.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »

Having recently released a few players, I am sure Heathcote and Co know that the squad needs strengthening.  No need to panic yet.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

We're only in June, the friendlies aren't for a while, the season doesn't start until August.  Just because there are no signings publicly announced so far doesn't mean anything.  We don't know who the manager has been talking to, we don't know who has promised to come but hasn't signed etc etc.  Its too early to start worrying.  Besides, what if those clubs who have already signed players have ended up signing players who end up being crap?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »

We're only in June, the friendlies aren't for a while, the season doesn't start until August.  Just because there are no signings publicly announced so far doesn't mean anything.  We don't know who the manager has been talking to, we don't know who has promised to come but hasn't signed etc etc.  Its too early to start worrying.  Besides, what if those clubs who have already signed players have ended up signing players who end up being crap?

i agree , its only 10 days since we found out it was nack to blue sq prem -no panic

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »

The cote has said before it's easier to leave it to the end when all the money grabbers have got their £600 a week deals and we can pick up good players for less coz they're desperate.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »

We will be at the back of the queue, players start on demanding £650 and a car, with petrol and a new hat for the wife. 

They then try a few other clubs and come back and say "£150 is fine" when no-one else is interested.

We also maybe like to see some of them actually play first?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »

i was under the impression our budget has increased allowing us to compete with some of clubs at the wrong foot of the conference table , probably wrong though

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 07:08:37 PM »

i was under the impression our budget has increased allowing us to compete with some of clubs at the wrong foot of the conference table , probably wrong though

Thats ok then we'll just give keith russell and leroy chambers a bell, they'll be glad of a few quid!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »

Our budget has increased. Doesn't mean we are near anyone else.
I wouldn't fall into the trap that because we have a few more quid that its still not going to be hard to attract players. Droylsden will be paying more money than us for starters so there is a 'part time' option for players who have a good job and don't want to go ful ltime.

There is a long way until the start of the season and I know that a few players we have signed in the past settled for less after they realised that they still need a club in late July and that they have to lower their demands.

Lets remember that our targets have suddenly changed over the space of a couple of weeks so be patient.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

I'd sooner we sided with caution,the management know what and who they want. We had our fingers burnt last season and had to carry that pair of lazy bastards on a years contract,thus meaning other players couldnt be bought in for the run in,Its 19 june for goodness sake, we're the first club in the country back pre-season training as of thurs(Thats an assumption that we're the first) let the players,trialists and potential targets have a run and a knock around first, Graham said in the paper that at least five new signings are being targeted, so lets see who he has in mind, speculation is great and naming who you would like to see here is great,but please dont start getting "concerned" jesus,they've not even cleared up the function room from the AGM yet.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

Also, remember that players contracts run fromJune 30th to June 30th. i.e. so it's not always possible to

a) see who is definately available
b) legally you can't speak to them until June 30th
c) players may sign but will wait until they are paid wages for June
c) even if you have signed them you can't announce it officially.

I know you can in some cases likes Tinson, e.g. Clough let him talk to other parties given his situation, he was able to sign for Alty and hit was able to be announced. If Clough had Tinson as an integral part of his plans we'd probably all be in court by now.

Calm down ffs.  I just think that with all the excitement we have in close season we get jumpy when we're in a 'real world' close season. Nothing happens, you save a bit of cash, spend some time with the Minister for the Interior building up osme goodwill for the new season, watch abit of cricket, come down and help paint the ground. Even Premiership teams aren't all going hell for leather transfer wise yet.

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:12:32 PM »

heathcoat will gamble again on your bowlers and thompsons, hopefully not with the same conclusion,
thats just the way it is

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »

Come on guys no need to slaughter me here.

I said I was a little concerned - I didnt say I was about to jump off a building from the 10th floor without a parachute or bungie rope.

Come on you all know by now I like the little contenious posts to spice up the forum  ;D

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »

Would a new hat for the wife be a way of getting round the wage cap?

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Signings