News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Craft bar

Author Topic: Craft bar  (Read 3976 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Craft bar
« on: April 22, 2019, 09:43:30 PM »

I think its been a good initiative over the last three games. I'd like to see it reappear next season.  Any other comments?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Craft bar
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »

Top idea, I think it is brilliant.

I think it will depend on what league we are in?

Google is not giving me an answer about terrace drinking in the league above. If we go up.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »

We couldn't drink on the terraces last time we were up.

NauticaPete

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:11 AM »

Yes I also thought it was excellent, beer tasty and cold, a good initiative. It would be tragic if we couldn’t have a beer on the terraces next season

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:10:38 AM »

It's brilliant quality beer with great service and no queue

It's a yes from me
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »

We were led to believe that was an assumption and we'd never checked with the council.

I think it would depend on the opposition but probably be okay for quite a few if segregated
It's all my fault.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 10:27:13 AM »

We were led to believe that was an assumption and we'd never checked with the council.

I think it would depend on the opposition but probably be okay for quite a few if segregated

I don't think the council have any jurisdiction over this one - its enshrined in law from what I understand and specifically includes the conference National league.

https://sgsa.org.uk/regulation/alcohol-what-are-the-rules/

"The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 prevents:-
the consumption of alcohol within view of the playing area including, during the restricted period
The Act applies to the following sporting events:-
Association football matches in which one or both of the participating teams represents a club which is for the time being a member (whether a full or associate member) of the Football League, the Football Association Premier League, the Football Conference National Division, "

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/stadium-safety/stadium-safety-in-the-national-league-system---updated.ashx

"All of the above offences apply to any match where one of the two teams is from the Premier League, the Football League or the Conference Premier Division only – this Act does not apply if the teams are in the Conference North or in the Conference South – and it also applies to any game in the FA Cup from the First Round onwards. For clubs playing below the Conference Premier Division this Act does not apply, unless those teams are lucky enough to be playing in the FA Cup First Round or later."

It also explains from the FA Trophy rules the reason why we couldnt drink for the FAT game but we could specifically in the lower rounds of the FA Cup !

http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/fa-trophy/2013/jul/~/media/EA3D0BF03BD347E29B08536704F943E8.ashx

"Glasses, Glass bottles or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the
Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds. No alcohol is to be consumed in
the ground or premises during the period of any match, except as may be governed
by the terms of the club licence with regard to its own members, but, not withstanding
such, no alcohol is to be taken or consumed outside the licensed clubhouse or any
other authorised area during such match period or brought into the ground. "
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:43:09 AM by beaker141 »

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

Well the above just about sums up our pathetic parliamentary laws. Again, the few spoils it for the majority who enjoy a drink watching Alty from the stands or wherever. So, what is the logic for not allowing drinks on the terraces at Conference level but its OK in the Conference North or South???????????????  SBL
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Craft bar