PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ashton Match Thread  (Read 10410 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ashton Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »

I thought it was interesting that Wynne was sub keeper on Monday - does that mean Drench has an injury?

That's the way I read it
Full time and proud of it

Old Alt

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 11:17:52 PM »

It wil be interesting to see how many Alty fans go. This had 'end of season important away day' written all over it for weeks and it looked like there would be something riding on the game.
So with very little at stake, I wonder if fewer fans are going. 
But not far away, we are coming to the end of the season, and you want to support the tesam into the play offs.
Hopefully the fans will turn out in the usual force and make it a great end of season party.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 12:25:13 AM »

It wil be interesting to see how many Alty fans go. This had 'end of season important away day' written all over it for weeks and it looked like there would be something riding on the game.
But not far away, we are coming to the end of the season, and you want to support the tesam into the play offs.
Hopefully the fans will turn out in the usual force and make it a great end of season party.

Not far to travel so defo going. Personally I hope to see more of Poole and Dolan, albeit neither should start in any playoffs.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 08:04:32 AM »

Not far to travel so defo going. Personally I hope to see more of Poole and Dolan, albeit neither should start in any playoffs.

James Poole would be in my starting eleven all day long. Haven't seen enough of Dolan yet to express an opinion

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »

James Poole would be in my starting eleven all day long. Haven't seen enough of Dolan yet to express an opinion

Dolan looks a cracking young player to me, and is well worth having on the bench in the playoff games to give the opposition something to consider that they won't have seen if they've scouted us - for that reason I wouldn't start him on Saturday. Really, he's one for next season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »

I'd like to think as many are making the effort to go as possible. A lot of talk about us going into the play-offs with momentum, that includes us doing our part.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »

Poole over who in a starting 11?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:18:46 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 11:43:05 AM »

I'd like to think as many are making the effort to go as possible. A lot of talk about us going into the play-offs with momentum, that includes us doing our part.

Agreed mate.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »

Hancock.

(kidding).

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »

Well, I'll be there with my son. Hoping to see the very impressive looking Dolan play the full 90 minutes.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »

Harrop

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 08:52:20 AM »

We never fared that badly last season playing Poole in No10 and pushing someone as good as Hancock out to the left where he can cut inside and still get his fair share of goal involvements.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »

I plan to be there + 2

Hoping we finish in style with a victory to set us up well for Wednesday.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 09:39:28 AM »

Was interesting to see how little the core of the team has changed since this game last season. Part of the reason for the overall success of this season no doubt. I want to see the team tomorrow to be the team he wants to put out Wedsnesday. Let's see this a preparation, not a rest.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »

We never fared that badly last season playing Poole in No10 and pushing someone as good as Hancock out to the left where he can cut inside and still get his fair share of goal involvements.

Hancock is an intelligent player and did well out left in the league below but with very fit and fast full backs in this league and potentially above he hasn't got the legs/pace for getting up and down.

Certainly for the remainder of the season you wouldn't drop Ceesay who at his game is easily the best winger in this league. Unplayable if he is on it and his pace will destroy most defenders.

Poole has all the quality but for the playoffs it is Hancock no.10 all day long. Plus Poole is still way off match fitness.

Strong attacking bench option of Harrop, Poole and Dolan will be massive for us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread