PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 23635 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 10:31:56 PM »

Good question. Nobody deserves to be dropped. I just think that if we nullify Teague, we'll be OK. Obviously, Ben Harrison's height would be a major advantage to us in this respect. Are we sure Connor Hampson is fit enough to play on Sunday?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »

Its our defence that needs to be on the lookout, the goals conceded at home all muscled in at the far post
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »

This is the big one people....

Personally I would go with James Poole, with Ceesay on the bench...
Agree about that big lump Meppin Walters or whatever his fkn name is and Teague will be an aerial threat.

We can win this. The only downside is that our lads had a hard game on Weds whilst Chorley had there feet up.

Win this one and I fancy us to go all the way...

Bank holiday weekend. The atmosphere will be superb. Packed ground.

Lots of Alty fans, the weather is set fair.

Can't wait for this.

Cmon you Robins...

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »

It’s an odd one this. Cessay tore them apart only a few weeks ago, but they’ll probably have a game plan for him by now and they’ll be expecting him to play. I’d start with Poole. It just feels so much more solid with a player of that class and experience in the team. Ceesay would be an excellent sub option if required.               
It looked to me like they had just one game plan at our place. Long ball launched by Meppen Walter towards Teague ghosting into the box. So, either we cut the move at source and get some hard nut to bite away constantly at MW, or we stick Harrison at the back to combat the aerial threat.
I agree that 2-2 is a possibility. I absolutely hate the lottery of penalties but after yesterday, i’d feel oddly confident!                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Who would you drop for Harrison?

James Jones.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »

It’s an odd one this. Cessay tore them apart only a few weeks ago, but they’ll probably have a game plan for him by now and they’ll be expecting him to play. I’d start with Poole. It just feels so much more solid with a player of that class and experience in the team. Ceesay would be an excellent sub option if required.               
It looked to me like they had just one game plan at our place. Long ball launched by Meppen Walter towards Teague ghosting into the box. So, either we cut the move at source and get some hard nut to bite away constantly at MW, or we stick Harrison at the back to combat the aerial threat.
I agree that 2-2 is a possibility. I absolutely hate the lottery of penalties but after yesterday, i’d feel oddly confident!                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Who would you drop for Harrison?

James Jones.

Jones??? He was immense on Wed.

If you don't believe it then watch the highlights.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 12:02:59 PM »

We wont be dropping Jones or Hannigan and we won't be going 3/5 at the back, so no Harrison in starting 11.

Great replacement CB if we need him

Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »

Barring injuries, I suspect it ill be the same starting 11 as Wednesday, Subs will be same unless any injured and doesn't want a keeper on the bench.

I'll be there, car full and 1 has never been to an Alty game before! Bring it on.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »

The key to this one will be not to give away any cheap corners or free kicks.

I'd also keep Jordan up front at their corners which will stop at least one if not two of their centre halves getting a free header on goal because they'll have to stand on the half way line with Jordan.

Then play our usual game and we can win.

I'd go with ceesay to start and look to bring on Poole and other fresh legs and manage the 2-0 lead to the final whistle.........I'll feel a bit more nervous and realistic at 2.30 on sunday  ;D

Good luck lads.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

The key to this one will be not to give away any cheap corners or free kicks.

I'd also keep Jordan up front at their corners which will stop at least one if not two of their centre halves getting a free header on goal because they'll have to stand on the half way line with Jordan.

Then play our usual game and we can win.

I'd go with ceesay to start and look to bring on Poole and other fresh legs and manage the 2-0 lead to the final whistle.........I'll feel a bit more nervous and realistic at 2.30 on sunday  ;D

Good luck lads.

Fully agree with leaving someone up at corners / set pieces, maybe JJ with his pace....

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »

What I dont get is why on corners or free kicks into the box Ceesay is not in the mix with his height. He always holds his position out wide. I think he can be used as an aerial threat.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »

Whilst I agree with leaving at least 1 up for their corners it won't be a centre back that stays on the half way.
Full time and proud of it

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »

Anybody going by public transport, please note there is now only one train per hour to Chorley.

The service from Victoria is one of Northern Rails usual Sunday cancellations, now only

from Piccadilly 11:01, Oxford Road 11:05, arrive Chorley 11:33 then every hour.

Return from Chorley 21 minutes past each hour.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »

Getting to Chorley (or anywhere near it) from the South East or the South Midlands by train on Sunday looks like being fun!

Euston shut all weekend, best suggestion on National rail so far is about a 4-5 hour journey each way via York/Sheffield and Manchester!

Any of the London Alty group found any better ways of doing it that I could look at? Otherwise it may have to be driving for me.

We’re driving too, in some combination or other. Trains look a nightmare.

Old Alt

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »

The away game at Chorley was very strange, we were by far the better team in the first half and really should have gone in 2 or 3 up at half time.

In the second half, they were down the wings putting ball after ball into the box. We just need to make sure that our full backs get some help from the midfield.

So JJ and Ceesay (if playing) need to track back when we are under pressure to help.

If we can put a similar performance to the first half away at Chorey or the fighting spirit we saw in the home game, we have a real chance. It will be a great atmosphere, the only sad part is with the segregation we cannot go to the Chorley fish & chip shop.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:04:27 PM by Old Alt »

arnald

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »

Is any one going on the train tomorrow? What time and that
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread