PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 23577 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chorley - Match Thread
« on: May 02, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »

Hoping for some ticket/allocation news today as it’s been sketchy so far. I’m hoping they are going about it like a club wanting to play conference football and segregating the game and giving us a proper allocation. With trains every 30 minutes from multiple Manchester stations and the airport I think we could see huge numbers travelling on Sunday

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »

Wow what a night. Can't wait for the highlights and more photos.

This team keeps going.

I appreciate Ceesay had a poor/nervous game but I would start the same 11.

If the game isn't going to plan I would look to get Harrop into the middle of the park as he does bring us energy.

JJ had a good game last night but yet again his corners and free kicks were poor. We should let Dens, Hampson or Hancock put the balls in.

We need to start with high tempo. Chorley looked uncomfortable with us runnig at them and Hulme bullied their defence in the home game.

Let's get as many of us there as possible.

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »

Their website has no information at all regarding away supporters, don't know whether
we are supposed to go to Chorley to buy tickets or take a chance on the day and maybe
not get in.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »

Their website has no information at all regarding away supporters, don't know whether
we are supposed to go to Chorley to buy tickets or take a chance on the day and maybe
not get in.

I rang Chorley FC.. The man I spoke to was apologetic for not having much information but I thought he was very helpful. There will almost certainly be segregation with Alty fans paying at the turnstile. They are selling tickets in advance for seated areas only and don't have time to print tickets for the terraces anyway. They aren't expecting a sell out so he put my mind at rest that there will be no problem with getting in.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 10:43:57 AM »

I went to the Chorley v Guiseley PO final in the away end and it was pay at the gate.
Full time and proud of it

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »

Getting to Chorley (or anywhere near it) from the South East or the South Midlands by train on Sunday looks like being fun!

Euston shut all weekend, best suggestion on National rail so far is about a 4-5 hour journey each way via York/Sheffield and Manchester!

Any of the London Alty group found any better ways of doing it that I could look at? Otherwise it may have to be driving for me.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »

I went to the Chorley v Guiseley PO final in the away end and it was pay at the gate.

I went to that game to (in the away game). Was very packed. Expect it will be similar on Sunday. Hoping for the same outcome tbh.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »

Getting to Chorley (or anywhere near it) from the South East or the South Midlands by train on Sunday looks like being fun!

Euston shut all weekend, best suggestion on National rail so far is about a 4-5 hour journey each way via York/Sheffield and Manchester!

Any of the London Alty group found any better ways of doing it that I could look at? Otherwise it may have to be driving for me.

Trains are running to Manchester from MK and to Preston to change for Chorley if people can find their way there

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »

Looking forward to this. Were driving to Chorley from Salop...

Bring it on....
Cmon The Alty....
Please give us a decent ref.. (fat chance)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »

I went to that game to (in the away game). Was very packed. Expect it will be similar on Sunday. Hoping for the same outcome tbh.
I was there too and was a vaguely disinterested supporter of either team in a heaving mass of humanity.  Never thought I’d be back there urging the Robins on so soon.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »

Assuming they all recover physically and we have the same squad to pick the only choice for a change in starting 11 is Ceesay or Poole. Would probably go for Ceesay, his pace and trickery could again reap dividends.

We know they'll launch balls into the box at every available opportunity and we'll try and play through and round them.

Massive ask to go there and win after last nights effort but we'll have a right go.

Chorley 2-2 Alty (after 90). Hulme moult.

Anything could happen next

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 09:17:03 PM »

Assuming they all recover physically and we have the same squad to pick the only choice for a change in starting 11 is Ceesay or Poole. Would probably go for Ceesay, his pace and trickery could again reap dividends.

We know they'll launch balls into the box at every available opportunity and we'll try and play through and round them.

Massive ask to go there and win after last nights effort but we'll have a right go.

Chorley 2-2 Alty (after 90). Hulme moult.

Anything could happen next

When Ceesay is on his game he puts us on a different level but he has been off the boil in the last couple of games.

He is either unplayable or poor but I would defo take the gamble and see how he gets on. Poole did well when he came on but still isn't match fit.

I am hoping the lads who had cramp are taking their recovery seriously and are currently lay in a bath of iced water 😉

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »

It’s an odd one this. Cessay tore them apart only a few weeks ago, but they’ll probably have a game plan for him by now and they’ll be expecting him to play. I’d start with Poole. It just feels so much more solid with a player of that class and experience in the team. Ceesay would be an excellent sub option if required.               
It looked to me like they had just one game plan at our place. Long ball launched by Meppen Walter towards Teague ghosting into the box. So, either we cut the move at source and get some hard nut to bite away constantly at MW, or we stick Harrison at the back to combat the aerial threat.
I agree that 2-2 is a possibility. I absolutely hate the lottery of penalties but after yesterday, i’d feel oddly confident!                                                                                                                                                                                                           

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:42 PM »

It’s an odd one this. Cessay tore them apart only a few weeks ago, but they’ll probably have a game plan for him by now and they’ll be expecting him to play. I’d start with Poole. It just feels so much more solid with a player of that class and experience in the team. Ceesay would be an excellent sub option if required.                
It looked to me like they had just one game plan at our place. Long ball launched by Meppen Walter towards Teague ghosting into the box. So, either we cut the move at source and get some hard nut to bite away constantly at MW, or we stick Harrison at the back to combat the aerial threat.
I agree that 2-2 is a possibility. I absolutely hate the lottery of penalties but after yesterday, i’d feel oddly confident!                                                                                                                                                                                                            

I get what you are saying but if I was up against a player that had torn me apart then I would be more nervous or anxious about not looking like a numpty again. Nervousness can make mistakes.
As you said they will now have a game plan which is likely to double up on him which then gives us more room in other areas.
Plus I have this gut feeling he will win us a pen in the first half.
Their defence struggled with Hulme and Ceesay and both, for me, need to start. I still worry about having Hancock out wide because of his lack of pace. Plus we need Hancock no.10 as he scores and isn't afraid to shoot.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »

Who would you drop for Harrison?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread