PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 23788 times)

arnald

Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »

What an amazing turn out for the lad's
Proud

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2019, 07:19:04 PM »

What an amazing turn out for the lad's
Proud

Fantastic!

Old Alt

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »

A massive performance to be proud of. The sending off changed the game, it looked like Hancock just slid in for a challenge, so couldn’t see why it was a red.
There were some strange decisions from the referee, Chorley were continually fouling in the first half, and he took no action.
I thought we were immense in defence today James Jones was a rock, Tom produced was his usual solid performance. Simon Richman ran all over the pitch and JJ was excellent before he was substituted.
I couldn’t understand some of the substitutions, JJ was creating havoc down the wing, and Shaun was driving the ball forward in the midfield.
But hey, whilst it is the end of the season for us, we can look back with pride, but for a debatable sending off, we would have gone through, the fans created a great atmosphere, and we have had some great memories this season.
We can build on this next year, we have strengthened the squad over this season, James Poole will be back, and a couple of the stronger teams will be promoted and out of the league.
It will be interesting to see the retained list and what PP does over the summer.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »

It ian what it is.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 07:53:39 PM »

We could have asked no more of the management, players or fans today. They gave absolutely everything and not one of them was found wanting. Motm was James Jones - he was simply superb. I'm gutted but very very very proud. Hope to God they all stay and we can give it a real go next year.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 07:57:40 PM »

Not sure if it was a sending off or not, but there was no need for it in that area of the pitch. Certainly changed the game though. Incredible defensive performance to get us to pens. Ref definitely made some odd calls. Fantastic turn out from the fans. Sat in the airport waiting for flight home. Sad but proud.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »

Very proud of our team, and our fans. Out-shouted the home fans by miles. No teams coming down from the National League this season so with a couple of changes and two midlands teams no reason why we should not be ones of the dominant teams next season.

Priority now is to sign Parky and Neil for a two season contract now, and maybe bring two or three new players in, but keep the bulk of the squad.

Despite the result, proud of our team and the whole club. Anybpdy hear the full attendance??

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 08:10:07 PM »

Chorley a spoiling side with some talented players who thrive on weak officiating. Lost count of the number of times their forwards left their foot in after our defenders cleared with no punishment. Clearly under orders to do so. With the robust nature of their play and game management well placed to emulate the dross which has served Solihull well this year. And yes this is the sourest of grapes - would rather have lost to Blyth with Robbie Dale in their side to be honest, a much better football team. That lot just reminded of what many of the National League sides look like and are allowed to get away with.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »

Very proud of our team, and our fans. Out-shouted the home fans by miles. No teams coming down from the National League this season so with a couple of changes and two midlands teams no reason why we should not be ones of the dominant teams next season.

Priority now is to sign Parky and Neil for a two season contract now, and maybe bring two or three new players in, but keep the bulk of the squad.

Despite the result, proud of our team and the whole club. Anybpdy hear the full attendance??

Attendance was 3446, and we had a third of it.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2019, 08:21:04 PM »

I want to congratulate Chorley tbh, I really do. A fellow northern non league club with largely decent fans. But today, I thought they were very very limited. The sending off gave them the edge, but if I were a Chorley fan going into the game with Spenny next week, I wouldn't be holding my breath. I want to praise their captain Teague though, who showed real class in coming straight over to TT at the end and positively acknowledging the Alty fans in the way he did. Respect.

NauticaPete

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »

Great effort flying in uncle globnasty

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2019, 08:27:18 PM »

Alty supporter for 31 years and I am proud.

Warriors and we go again next year.

What an away support.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2019, 08:30:53 PM »

I could not believe the away end this afternoon - that has to be one of the finest turnouts by a set of fans that just get better and better.  1240 officially in the away end plus seats.  Chorley steward says they go to at least 1350 before the turnstiles were closed by the police.  The away support I have seen this season is unparalleled in my time as a travelling Alty fan.  

I am sat on a train heading back south with a mixture of pride and sorrow, but stronger is the pride for what we have achieved this season.

We are Alty FC and we are on the way back.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2019, 09:16:31 PM »

I want to congratulate Chorley tbh, I really do. A fellow northern non league club with largely decent fans. But today, I thought they were very very limited. The sending off gave them the edge, but if I were a Chorley fan going into the game with Spenny next week, I wouldn't be holding my breath. I want to praise their captain Teague though, who showed real class in coming straight over to TT at the end and positively acknowledging the Alty fans in the way he did. Respect.

That ground is sh1t...

I wouldn't give Teague  any respect. All he did all afternoon was moan at the ref. Leather is another T**t who lost all respect I had for him. He was a major reason in getting Josh a red card. I did hear a rumour that he may come back to Alty if Chorley go up (he's no better than what we have) wouldn't want him back.
Ok Chorley won, fair enough. However, Alty have been superb this season with a tweak here and there and a fit James Poole ready for the next campaign we will fear nobody

Oh so proud to be an Alty fan .. Wonderful support today, I just hope the occasional fans will now come more frequently...

Loved watching them the last two seasons.

Well done lads...

Hope Spennymoor win the final

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »

I wouldn't be bitter towards Leather, I think he'd be a good signing if he came back.

Good luck to whoever goes up, they'll deserve it after what's been a very competitive promotion race.

We go again in August!
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread