PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 23612 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »

That was a superb effort from a team with Wednesday night in their legs, from the outset I thought we'd have no chance if it went to ET so to hang on with 10 is outstanding.  very proud.

With Stockport and one of Chorley and Spenny going with them, Blyth likely to suffer from losing at least some of their squad I reckon we'd be disappointed not to go up next year if we kept the same squad.  Brackley don't seem to be able to put two good seasons together so I reckon straight fight between us and the loser of the playoff final.  Pick up a top quality winger to replace the loanee we needed all season and anything else is frankly a bonus - maybe cover for Jordan's inevitable suspension(s) but maybe that's Poole with Hancock at 10.  Poole vs Hancock will be a tough call next year but Hancock on the left I don't think is the answer.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »

Heroic effort from the lads, especially to keep league runners up to a draw at their place, with 10 men for 40+ minutes. They beat us 4-1 there 4 months ago, team spirit and fans support was superb.

Defense has been getting better all season and very solid again today- someone mentioned James Jones as our man of the match but how about Tony Thompson? Has he had a better game in an Alty shirt? Great today.

Congrats to Chorley, a solid side who wouldn't struggle in the league above, especially if there are weak refs!
Credit to their keeper, Matt Urwin, who couldn't have done much better than save the first 3 of our pens and pretty much decided it.

Hopefully we've got some bonus funds in from these play off games to get 1 or 2 quality players in to add to what we've got.
Plus get Jordan on some anger management classes and we should be well set for next season.

Thanks PP, NS and all the lads for your efforts this season.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »

From a unibond lad, it was a pleasure to be there today, amazing support!, proud of all the older lads who have kept the alty atmosphere going, unsung  hero's!! An immense performance on and off the pitch,  just wasn't the right time, but you can be sure these lads have got it in them to go again and get striaght back up! Macc town be scared!!!!  Very scared!!!!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2019, 11:15:42 PM »

As one of the older ones, it also was a pleasure to be there today, albeit tinged by sadness and disappointment at the end. I thought the big crowd was handled very well by Chorley and I am not aware of any incidents, so well done to everyone who was present at what I guess may be our best away support at another non-League ground since Stafford in 1991.

The season as a whole is a triumph for Phil Parkinson, the staff and the players. It feels like it should be a weaker division next season, but things don't always work out the way you expect. Still, just one or two tweaks if we can keep the core of the team should be all that are needed.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2019, 11:26:04 PM »

Enjoy the Hancock challenge everyone. Slipped going into a tackle and the Ref saw his opportunity to be the centre of attention. Pathetic.

Bath Alty

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2019, 11:32:24 PM »

Looking at the video in the manager interview (2:38) I've got a perfect freeze frame. Hancock has left the ground and gone in with two feet but 1) he gets at least one foot on the ball and 2) his feet make no contact with the player.  Never a red - the reaction on the other hand of placing hands on Josh's neck.....

Anyone know if you can insert a picture into these messages?

Actually it's worse than that - their guy is going down before Josh even comes close!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:40:02 PM by Bath Alty »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2019, 08:54:03 AM »

Looks like Hulme has a broken foot. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Full time and proud of it

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2019, 09:37:35 AM »

It wasn't a red but we weathered the storm and had our chances on pens.  Top 5 next season, its very harsh to say we'll win it as there is always one that comes from nowhere
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »

Very proud of the team, management and supporters this morning, obviously disappointed to lose on penalties, but the lads gave everything yesterday. As others say, lets hope the management and team stay together. With the correct reinforcements on top of a great squad we go again next season, hopefully pushing on from here.

Last 2 seasons have been fantastic, the brand of football we play is what I want to see.

Have a great summer everyone.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »

It looked bad at the time, and so I’m surprised anyone thinks it wasn’t a red card having had the luxury of being able to watch it again on a replay. If it was the other way round, I’d have been beyond cross if that wasn’t given as a straight red. And I’ve never seen anyone slip before when jumping in with both feet already off the ground.

It wasn’t malicious, it was just a clumsy forwards tackle from a player desperate to win the ball back, which you might (just might) have got away with 10 years ago. But certainly not now.

andrewflynn

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »

It wasn’t even a foul.

Jezza

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2019, 09:58:55 AM »

An incredible day with amazing support and the lads dead on their feet still giving Chorley a real scare.
Without the sending off we win that so it's disappointing to see a player roll around in agony and then get up and sprint away once he got Josh sent off by a weak ref.
Looking forward to next season.
Why the hell would we want scott leather back?..he's a passenger in that side as he was with us and he is miles away from Jones Harrison and hannigan.
Thank you PP and Neil and the players for making us proud and competitive again.
TT my MOTM

old alty fan

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »

What a day incredible support a league one team would struggle to take
To take so many.If we had got through it would have been a tough task to
Go to  there place with Josh suspended and Hulme out injured.
A very proud alty fan today cannot  wait until August.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2019, 01:14:06 PM »

Anyone know if you can insert a picture into these messages?

Actually it's worse than that - their guy is going down before Josh even comes close!

Here you go:

Didn't even touch him. Watched it frame by frame. In truth though I thought it looked bad in real time though on the day.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2019, 01:41:08 PM »

Here's a frame by frame capture of the tackle:

https://imgur.com/a/lgSZwBq
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread