PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 23278 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2019, 01:42:45 PM »

Here's a frame by frame capture of the tackle:

https://imgur.com/a/lgSZwBq

.....but probably only torturing ourselves at this stage.....not going to change anything.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2019, 02:26:48 PM »

I'd imagine it's good enough grounds for an appeal to the red for Josh.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2019, 06:32:11 PM »

When you leave the floor and go in two footed it's classed as dangerous play whether you make contact with the player or not. It's time to take the rose tinted glasses off folks,it's a red card all day long.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:01 PM »

When you leave the floor and go in two footed it's classed as dangerous play whether you make contact with the player or not. It's time to take the rose tinted glasses off folks,it's a red card all day long.
Fully agree. The rules change over time and like it or not, it was a red card under the current rules. It was an unnecessary challenge, but given Josh's contribution over the season we can't complain.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2019, 08:15:34 PM »

I don't have anything to add about the game; we were great and fought like lions.

However, I think we should make a bit more of the fact we took well over a thousand fans to an away game, and not just one round the corner. Absolutely incredible effort and amazing to see. The hardcore away support that has followed us all over the country has been incredibly loyal, but we've often struggled to take serious numbers anywhere. What I really liked was that there were loads of young lads (and women) in our end, all with their mates and all supporting Alty. A lot of praise has to go to the lads that have helped cultivate the support; it was fantastic to hear the Alty songs coming out of The Crown on the way to the ground.

We've always thought we were a big club at this level but this season we've acted like it, on the pitch and on the terraces.

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Here's a frame by frame capture of the tackle:

https://imgur.com/a/lgSZwBq

We should appeal that red..
I had a feeling for a while that a ref would eventually f**k our season up somehow
There isn't one decent ref in this league, the lot of them are a fkn disgrace and should be held accountable.

Bath Alty

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »

Reckless = yellow
Dangerous = red

If you've landed before you reach the player and didn't go over the ball as clearly shown in that freeze frame it's not dangerous, I'll give you reckless and a yellow but never a red.

Scott on the other hand in his reaction by putting his hands on the throat of an opponent .....

We could do without Josh being suspended for the first three games next year

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2019, 09:44:38 PM »

Good Lord... I can understand people being upset about it in the moment but in the cold light of day, it's a red card. The fact he didn't make contact with the player is neither here nor there. You can't go into challenges like that anymore. We see red cards for that type of challenge all the time and not to acknowledge that that was a sending off offence suggests a one-eyedness that I thought we were above.

Great effort yesterday. We defended brilliantly and that has been our weak point this season. I absolutely think we should aim to win this league next season.

The away support yesterday was magnificent and also, as a man of a certain age, it felt like the baton of vocal support has been well and truly handed on to the next generation. I barely recognised anyone in that away end but it was packed with passionate and committed Alty fans. That has to be a good thing.

This time last year, for all the success, the club felt hollowed out. Yesterday, it felt like there was a new and vibrant core support.

Now for God's sake, let's get the management team and the bulk of the squad signed up.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2019, 08:39:52 AM »

Good Lord... I can understand people being upset about it in the moment but in the cold light of day, it's a red card. The fact he didn't make contact with the player is neither here nor there. You can't go into challenges like that anymore. We see red cards for that type of challenge all the time and not to acknowledge that that was a sending off offence suggests a one-eyedness that I thought we were above.

Great effort yesterday. We defended brilliantly and that has been our weak point this season. I absolutely think we should aim to win this league next season.

The away support yesterday was magnificent and also, as a man of a certain age, it felt like the baton of vocal support has been well and truly handed on to the next generation. I barely recognised anyone in that away end but it was packed with passionate and committed Alty fans. That has to be a good thing.

This time last year, for all the success, the club felt hollowed out. Yesterday, it felt like there was a new and vibrant core support.

Now for God's sake, let's get the management team and the bulk of the squad signed up.

Well said Leon. I feel it's starting to feel like our club again, I still want a new public face, but that can be discussed in June and July.

It's all my fault.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2019, 09:24:21 AM »

I don't have anything to add about the game; we were great and fought like lions.

However, I think we should make a bit more of the fact we took well over a thousand fans to an away game, and not just one round the corner. Absolutely incredible effort and amazing to see. The hardcore away support that has followed us all over the country has been incredibly loyal, but we've often struggled to take serious numbers anywhere. What I really liked was that there were loads of young lads (and women) in our end, all with their mates and all supporting Alty. A lot of praise has to go to the lads that have helped cultivate the support; it was fantastic to hear the Alty songs coming out of The Crown on the way to the ground.

We've always thought we were a big club at this level but this season we've acted like it, on the pitch and on the terraces.

This.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »

Reckless = yellow
Dangerous = red

If you've landed before you reach the player and didn't go over the ball as clearly shown in that freeze frame it's not dangerous, I'll give you reckless and a yellow but never a red.

Scott on the other hand in his reaction by putting his hands on the throat of an opponent .....

We could do without Josh being suspended for the first three games next year

Similar challenges are punished with a yellow week in, week out. This is because the referees concerned apply common sense. This guy didn't. The other thing that is clear to me from the excellent freeze frame is that their guy is already going down from his contact with Simon Richman before Josh even reaches the ball, and there is no actual contact between them.

Right. Let's move on and concentrate on getting into the National for 2020-21, where we can hopefully renew rivalries with a newly relegated Macclesfield Town.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread