News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Words fail me....(Marine)

Author Topic: Words fail me....(Marine)  (Read 4027 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »

from the altyfiles site:-
Also from the EvoStik League we learn that "Relegated Marine have confirmed manager Neil Young will stay at the club to spearhead their push for an immediate return to the EVO-STIK League Premier Division.

The Mariners suffered final day heartbreak as defeat at Farsley, coupled with wins for Mickleover and Stalybridge, consigned them to the drop for the first time in the club’s history.

Young said 'We must quickly ensure that we are fully prepared to push for promotion. There can be no excuses, the team and squad that start the season will be my team and a lot of work will be put in to make us more professional on and off the field, to build on the changes we have already made.

'I have been promoted from this level three times with three different clubs and I will use that experience to take us forward'...

Chairman Paul Leary said 'We are all devastated by what happened on Saturday especially as we approach our 125th anniversary. However when we appointed Neil last September he was by far the most experienced and successful applicant of many and we believe that he is the person to take us back to where we want to be and beyond.

'Neil has accepted the single objective of securing promotion from Division 1 next season and will have the benefit this time of having the summer and the pre-season build up to properly plan, prepare and recruit for a successful campaign ahead.'”
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Words fail me....(Marine)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 08:39:10 AM »

It’s a real shame, a proper traditional non league outfit have been taken in by this snake oil salesman. I hope they see sense before long and are back up without NY at the helm. Talks such a good game.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 09:42:57 AM »

Surely they can run references on him and realise just how much he has pushed clubs towards ruin?

They think giving him the full summer for recruitment will be great. If only they knew. Set to end in (more) tears.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:39 AM »

The quote from Young is positively Trump-esque.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 10:07:07 AM »

"The team and squad that start the season will be my team."

Until you draw your first game and drop a proven, quality striker for a 17 year old on a youth loan.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »

Unless I have forgotten something, he may also have a Trumpian relationship with the truth.

He says he has been promoted with three different clubs. I can only think of Colwyn Bay and Chester. Who's the third?

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 01:22:28 PM »

will possibly stumble across 11 decent players at that level if he goes through 100 triallists....which is what he did at chester....

As a scientific experiment you could probably get a chimpanzee to do the same thing....

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »

Unless I have forgotten something, he may also have a Trumpian relationship with the truth.

He says he has been promoted with three different clubs. I can only think of Colwyn Bay and Chester. Who's the third?

I did have that small detail in mind when I posted !

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »

I did have that small detail in mind when I posted !

Ah, I thought you meant the general grandstanding about "my team" and being more professional next season.  Still, I am sure he is totally exonerated of any blame for their relegation.

Atticus

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »

He must be thinking of self-promotion.

Trumpesque indeed..

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

Did Rhyl get promoted when he was Assistant Manager there? Its the only other possibility.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team