PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV | Highlights | Altrincham Vs Blyth
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty TV | Highlights | Altrincham Vs Blyth  (Read 6445 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:46:56 AM »

Nearly 30 mins of highlights now available to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElX71UBd5A

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV | Highlights | Altrincham Vs Blyth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »

Fantastic highlights as usual, great commentary as well. Really got the atmosphere over. Both teams take a lot of credit from that game.

Get in.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 09:40:23 AM »

Rode our luck on a few occasions (I could have sworn the Blyth player could have won a pen if he'd gone down when rounding Thompson, but there was next to no contact at all, hence why he obviously stayed up).

Top save from Thompson - for some reason I didn't register the gravity of it at the time, maybe the adrenaline was running.

Ref could have been a lot fussier with the keepers coming off their lines for the pens - thank God he wasn't. No idea whether Hancoxk was offside? - our pen definitely handball.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »

I think the officials got most of the big decisions right there, and they were not easy ones.

Our penalty was definitely handball within the current interpretation. Then I'd say there were actually two brilliant tackles for the possible Maguire penalty - the first from Williams was what made Maguire stumble but it looked a clean challenge. And I think Hancock may well have been onside - Nicholson tries to play him off when Poole touches it forward but they're both on the line of the edge of the penalty area if you freeze it. Very close and he certainly wasn't two yards offside as some Pop Side sages were claiming...

So well done to the ref and the main stand-side linesman.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:31:15 AM by Leon »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »

Ref could have been a lot fussier with the keepers coming off their lines for the pens - thank God he wasn't.

That was my thought - Thompson took a step or two forward on every kick. Jameson's movement was less obvious, but he wasn't strictly within the laws of the game every time. It's one of those laws that doesn't get enforced particularly strictly, and referee's assistants should be more alert to it if we're honest.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 01:20:27 PM »

I was wondering what game their manager was watching when he claimed our penalty wasn't a pen (because of a deflection??n)...their player rounded the keeper was about to score but was hacked down and josh was 3 yards offside....and apparently a few of ours should have been red carded!!!

I thought for once we had a decent ref who allowed the game to flow and kept 11v11 making a brilliant match...

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 03:18:10 PM »

Ref could have been a lot fussier with the keepers coming off their lines for the pens - thank God he wasn't.
That was my thought - Thompson took a step or two forward on every kick. Jameson's movement was less obvious, but he wasn't strictly within the laws of the game every time. It's one of those laws that doesn't get enforced particularly strictly, and referee's assistants should be more alert to it if we're honest.
I think the convention is that the ref leaves that to the assistant who stands on the goal-line. Mind you, that official tends to be as much use as the extra bodies at European games - thank the Lord in this case!

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »

I was wondering what game their manager was watching when he claimed our penalty wasn't a pen (because of a deflection??n)...their player rounded the keeper was about to score but was hacked down and josh was 3 yards offside....and apparently a few of ours should have been red carded!!!
I thought for once we had a decent ref who allowed the game to flow and kept 11v11 making a brilliant match...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Blyth manager was at a totally different game from me … the ref was as good as I've seen in this league this season. Until I discovered that he'd done our game at Kiddy in September I thought he might well have been a Conf Nat official specially appointed for the play-off game. He made sure the players knew he was in charge without needing to wave cards about like confetti, which was excellent.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »

Superb. Got nervous all over again
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 08:21:34 PM »

Great stuff! Top quality highlights and commentary. Well done to the commentators for keeping (relatively) calm and emotions in check with events like that. 8) 8)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »

Great highlights, great commentary, great game.

I know the result and I was still stressed watching that!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »

I really sudied the video last night and I've come to the following conclusions. Our penalty I can't work out if it hits his side or arm, but he went down with his arm in the air as if attempting to block any shot, and i'm sure that's what the ref went off, and after all he was a lot closer than the camera. Their penalty shout no chance. Perfect tackle, keeper never touched him, and fell over once he'd realised the ball had gone. Equaliser Josh was slightly better than level at the exact moment James Poole flicked the ball in to him.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »

will watch these when i get back home from corfu
Harold

Old Alt

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »

I think when you watch the video you realise what a good team Blyth are, their 1-2''s and passing was probably as good as any team as I have seen all season.
I think when the England team are looking at penalties for the next European Championships/World Cup, they should watch this video. There were a few that were unstoppable.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 10:40:25 PM »

will watch these when i get back home from corfu

You never mentioned you were going on holiday LOL
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team