News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A good season

Author Topic: A good season  (Read 1521 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A good season
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »

In August I asked that we make the playoffs. We had every opportunity to do so. And had we not made them (7th is a third of the league) I would have had questions about the progress of this team given the level of quality we have vs the league)
I said this league was mediocre (and it is pretty average in most parts) and essentially 4 mini-leagues. We showed at Alfreton in EVO Stik we were better than the relegation sides and better than the mid-tale fodder. We were never likely to be in that top 3 sections so that left us the playoff bracket.

However, we've done it by playing (at times) some of the best football I've seen this club play. We had no right to do so we've achieved a lot this season.

I think Stockport taught up a couple of lessons as did Chorley away. But I think as a group (even if the individuals have the experiences it needs to be collective shared learning) the red card and going to ET and pens will have taught them a lot about being cuter next season. It was this squad Brackley.

I think this team would beat that side, so we're over a year ahead of the Sinnott 3-year promotion project.

People at the time talked about cutting that gap down to be title challengers. I think we've made a big step forward over the last 4 or 5 weeks (not there yet clearly) but to find that goal at a very average York, score from nothing against Chorley and the Blyth comeback. We are starting to be able to inject something different in where needs be (a Plan A and a plan A 2.0... Can't call it a plan B).

Sunday's atmosphere is one of the best I've been a part of and I hope Sunday laid the foundation for a new Golf Road atmosphere to be built on.

It's now time to back Parky with the search from a proper investment over the Summer. Time to get things better prepped off the pitch so when we go up we're no longer pissing about with loose change buckets and sponsored walks. Footy Accumulators are (in public) the most supportive sponsor and investor we've had. Let's have five or six more of those types.

But 2 proud seasons after one of the darkest years. Even I've nothing to moan at... Well done Phil. Well done Neil.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:38:15 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A good season
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »

My biggest fear, the more I think about it, is losing some of these players early in the 'project' - much earlier than we did last time when we lost the likes of Greg Young and Chris Senior in the Conference and never recovered.

I'm encouraged by the positive language displayed by most of our players on social media -  'we'll go again next season' etc - I think they're all bought into this and won't move lightly.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A good season