PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many would Alty take?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How many would Alty take?  (Read 7694 times)

Jezza

« on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »

Following the derision at the attendance of "only" around 8k for the play off final at Wembley between afc fy£de and Sa£ford City.....

Just wondering how many Alty fans would make the trip??.....seriously..

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How many would Alty take?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »

5-6k
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »

My brother said Fylde sold 700 tickets and Salford less than 2000. Don't know if this is true, but if it is, it is horrendous.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »

It doesn't help when they charge 41 pound just to get in , what do you expect when both teams are relatively new to success due to being a rich boys toy. I blame the FA maybe if they used a more suitable stadium eg they could have used citys ground or evertons this weekend and a better pricing plan it would have been a better occasion but corporate greed has caused this. I think we would have taken maybe 4k max at those prices because you are looking at a minimum spend of 150 pound per person for the day doing it on the cheap .
FFS

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »

My brother said Fylde sold 700 tickets and Salford less than 2000. Don't know if this is true, but if it is, it is horrendous.

In fairness to Salford (not a phrase I'm likely to use very often), their average attendance this season was around 2500 whereas Fylde's is around 1500.

I think 5-6k for us may be a tad optimistic in the current climate. The attendance for our Trophy final against Runcorn in 1986 was one of the lowest at the time (since its inception) with only 15700 (only Vics v Bangor was worse at 14200).....don't know what our share of that was of course. You'd basically be asking for another thousand on top of our play-off crowd against Guiseley to be travelling to Wembley. Possible of course, but not sure how likely.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »

I think given what we have seen at ML this year a well performing conference team could be getting crowds of 2-3k for a league game.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »

I would have to think very hard with the costs involved, but I suppose I'd succumb in the end. I'd be surprised if we took more than 3K these days.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 07:27:14 PM »

In fairness to Salford (not a phrase I'm likely to use very often), their average attendance this season was around 2500 whereas Fylde's is around 1500.

I think 5-6k for us may be a tad optimistic in the current climate. The attendance for our Trophy final against Runcorn in 1986 was one of the lowest at the time (since its inception) with only 15700 (only Vics v Bangor was worse at 14200).....don't know what our share of that was of course. You'd basically be asking for another thousand on top of our play-off crowd against Guiseley to be travelling to Wembley. Possible of course, but not sure how likely.

Think the Runcorn final was pretty much 50/50 slightly  outnumbered v enfield in 82 and we had more v leatherhead in 78 .Think if we had less then a week like Salfor and Fylde and at £40 lus per  ticket we would probably take 4 -5k more if less expensive and more notice probably 7-8 k .
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:30:45 PM by Timperley The Best »

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »

How many did we take to spurs in each visit ?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:38:18 PM »

How many did we take to spurs in each visit ?

Not sure about the first game it was at night but around 2.5k  for the second game

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 01:26:20 AM »

When Macc beat Northwich in the Trophy Final there was only about 8,000 at Wembley.
They really should be beating teams like us

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27:30 AM »

Bear in mind that AFC Fylde are there again on Sunday for the FA Trophy final where
they are sure to be out numbered by Leyton Orient supporters. Will probably be
more from each of the FA Vase finalists than AFC Fylde take.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 10:08:55 AM »

I was one who originally derided the 8k attendance between these two moneybags clubs - however I never imagined an admission price of over £40 on top of the cost of getting to the capital - unfair on those supporters who have not travelled down from Old Trafford in a helicopter and for whom £40 is way too much

Would say now that 8000 (including the 1000 freebies) is fair enough

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:11:11 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 10:13:58 AM »

It is a shame that those that run the game have no consideration for fans. A big Wembley day out is nice, but so is actually being able to see your team in an important game. There are any number of decent sized grounds between Blackpool and Manchester that could have been rented for the day. The crowd might then have even busted through the 9,000 barrier.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 10:55:42 AM »

Maybe any final - regardless of its location, should be capped at the normal gate price of the 2 clubs playing. If the league/FA then want to use a ground thats over capacity by 10 times attendance then they foot the bill for the infrastructure.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team