News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The best awayday experience ?

Author Topic: The best awayday experience ?  (Read 3202 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« on: May 16, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »

Awarded to Chorley at step 2 for this season. I'm not sure quite where queuing over three quarters of an hour, and then finding one of my cheeseburgers had no cheese on it, fits in with this accolade.

I also found it weird that they uncapped the drink bottles, making it virtually impossible to carry them in your pocket. Apparently it was in case the caps were used as missiles. Of course, nobody would dream of throwing the empty bottle !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The best awayday experience ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 08:02:53 AM »

More of a Chorley cocktail than a Molotov cocktail....I've just wrote to the MoD to suggest they close the nuclear submarine base in Faslane and invest in plastic bottle tops. The Russians will be Bricking themselves.

Plus Chorley wouldn't let away fans into their club bar...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:17:29 AM by distancetraveller »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »

Awarded to Chorley at step 2 for this season. I'm not sure quite where queuing over three quarters of an hour, and then finding one of my cheeseburgers had no cheese on it, fits in with this accolade.

I also found it weird that they uncapped the drink bottles, making it virtually impossible to carry them in your pocket. Apparently it was in case the caps were used as missiles. Of course, nobody would dream of throwing the empty bottle !

2 cheeseburgers?? Removing of bottle tops is quite common in the football league, it’s the full bottle with the top on they class as a missile, not the cap so you were misinformed by someone at Chorley.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »

2 cheeseburgers?? Removing of bottle tops is quite common in the football league, it’s the full bottle with the top on they class as a missile, not the cap so you were misinformed by someone at Chorley.

Yep, nothing to do with throwing the caps.

The FSF don't really specify what the criteria was for this but if we presume it to be along the lines of facilities, catering and hospitality then I must say Chorley ticked the boxes as far as I'm concerned - particularly in the league away earlier in the season where we took a sizeable number and were, much to my surprise, afforded the freedom of the ground.

Spennymoor was my favourite away of the season all things considered. Nice club.

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 12:44:16 PM »

I've seen it stated that removing bottle caps is for 'health and safety'. A bottle on the floor with a cap on will roll if stepped on but with the cap off it will more likely flatten under the foot. Might make some sense. Certainly more than anything to do with them being used as missiles.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »

I've seen it stated that removing bottle caps is for 'health and safety'. A bottle on the floor with a cap on will roll if stepped on but with the cap off it will more likely flatten under the foot. Might make some sense. Certainly more than anything to do with them being used as missiles.

I'm pretty sure its the missles element, in much the same way that Witton Albion refused to allow me a can of coke, without them pouring it into a plastic glass first. I also had some comments at our ground from one of the brought in stewards that I'm not allowed to serve cans of pop!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »

There is some irony in our own ground regulations forbidding such items to be brought in...

6. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground – knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser
devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items
will be refused entry to the Ground.

I'm pretty sure its the missles element, in much the same way that Witton Albion refused to allow me a can of coke, without them pouring it into a plastic glass first. I also had some comments at our ground from one of the brought in stewards that I'm not allowed to serve cans of pop!

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team