PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad 2019/2920
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Squad 2019/2920  (Read 23463 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad 2019/2920
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 11:17:08 AM »

I would like a fit James James Poole but I worry about his personal responsibility of getting and keeping fit.

Look, we know you prefer Hancock at No10 (we all do) but its a bit unfair in my opinion to knock Poole over his willingness to be fit. He looks in pretty decent shape in general and I'm sure he'd have wanted to be involved last season as much as anyone else.

I really rate Poole but I would say he hasn't been fully fit and in shape since being with us.

I want him at the club but just not an expensive passenger.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »

And maybe that's why we haven't seen the best of him.....

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:34 AM »

I would like a fit James James Poole but I worry about his personal responsibility of getting and keeping fit.

We need to be signing both Dolan and James Jones up on contracts. Both are talented young players who will attract interest. Dolan could be massive for us and deserves more games. How Chadwick was given so many more games out wide then Dolan baffled me. Chadwick wasn't even fit.

Being the professional that he is, Pooley has worked incredibly hard with Tommy and Ryan to get back on the pitch.  That's a fact.

Give his podcast a listen if you haven't already, it all gets discussed. We were seeing the result of that work towards the end of the season and it would be a real shame if he wasn't given the opportunity to carry that into the next one. If we want to launch a campaign to win the league then players like James Poole are vital. We aren't attracting anyone better than him to the club, in that position.

https://podtail.com/podcast/i-had-trials-once/-2-james-poole-nobby-s-trumpet/

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »

We need to be signing both Dolan and James Jones up on contracts. Both are talented young players who will attract interest. Dolan could be massive for us and deserves more games. How Chadwick was given so many more games out wide then Dolan baffled me. Chadwick wasn't even fit.

Being the professional that he is, Pooley has worked incredibly hard with Tommy and Ryan to get back on the pitch.  That's a fact.

Give his podcast a listen if you haven't already, it all gets discussed. We were seeing the result of that work towards the end of the season and it would be a real shame if he wasn't given the opportunity to carry that into the next one. If we want to launch a campaign to win the league then players like James Poole are vital. We aren't attracting anyone better than him to the club, in that position.

Agreed mate.

Will give it a listen.

A fit Poole is a huge player for us.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2019, 03:36:19 PM »

That was a top listen and I also now have a clean flat. Win win.

Maybe we need to accept that Poole may not ever have a full injury free season then. He is always worth a gamble.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2019, 06:34:59 PM »

Updated
Full time and proud of it

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »

Updated
Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »

Squad looking full now with hopefully a winger, Poole, Harrison and a keeper to come. Doesn’t look like there is space for improving the midfield.

We’ve Dolan to fit in as well so that’s 20 without the midfield upgrade. I know we all like just about everyone in the squad and I don’t know who I’d have released to make space but I was hoping Phil would make the tough call and upgrade one or two for next season

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2019, 09:56:53 AM »

Squad looking full now with hopefully a winger, Poole, Harrison and a keeper to come. Doesn’t look like there is space for improving the midfield.

We’ve Dolan to fit in as well so that’s 20 without the midfield upgrade. I know we all like just about everyone in the squad and I don’t know who I’d have released to make space but I was hoping Phil would make the tough call and upgrade one or two for next season

Go again with the same outfield players - with the addition of a top-class goalkeeper (there's your tough call), and we'll be a lot closer.

Jezza

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »

I agree with continuity but i'm not sure that keeping the same squad for 901 years will pay off in the long run.

Hoping for an Ashley hemmings style winger signing and maybe a big physical Paul Ellender style midfield maestro.

Very disappointed if dolan has gone....not heard anyone not say immediately what a good player he looked within 5 mins of his debut.

I said last season with a tiny bit of extra class and ambition in our signings we'd have won the league....

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »

We clearly need a left winger and I have no doubt PP will have several in his sights, including Ash.
On Nolan, he looks one for the future but he would not walk straight into our team and needs time to grow and develope.
Which is why in my humble opinion joining a league club and being loaned back to us would probably be the best of both worlds for us both !

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »

Yep, agree with all that. I wonder if Ash is available. It's great that we've kept the majority of last years squad together but we do need that one quality player on the left wing in order to challenge for promotion.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »

Yep, agree with all that. I wonder if Ash is available. It's great that we've kept the majority of last years squad together but we do need that one quality player on the left wing in order to challenge for promotion.
I expect we will hear soon enough  ;) ;

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »

Ash Hemmings would be a huge signing.

Still feel we need a tad more in midfield unless Harrop steps up another level. Can't fault Richman or Williams just missing a little something. Maybe it is a mid with the engine and presence.

Consistent keeper. I think Drench will get a run at some point.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »

It should be remembered that Josh Mullarkey can play in midfield.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad 2019/2920