PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad 2019/2920
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Squad 2019/2920  (Read 23846 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad 2019/2920
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »

So can Sean Densmore

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »

So can Sean Densmore

Not at the standard it is played nowadays. Quality RB and I would start him, but he would be chasing shadows in centre mid at the level now.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 07:23:21 PM »

Yep, agree with all that. I wonder if Ash is available. It's great that we've kept the majority of last years squad together but we do need that one quality player on the left wing in order to challenge for promotion.

Ash Hemmings would be a huge signing.

Still feel we need a tad more in midfield unless Harrop steps up another level. Can't fault Richman or Williams just missing a little something. Maybe it is a mid with the engine and presence.

Consistent keeper. I think Drench will get a run at some point.

All points made spot on cant see Ash hemmmings  happening unless on loan maybe Darren Stephenson ex county

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2019, 10:32:47 AM »

Yep, agree with all that. I wonder if Ash is available. It's great that we've kept the majority of last years squad together but we do need that one quality player on the left wing in order to challenge for promotion.

Still feel we need a tad more in midfield unless Harrop steps up another level. Can't fault Richman or Williams just missing a little something. Maybe it is a mid with the engine and presence.

All points made spot on cant see Ash hemmmings  happening unless on loan maybe Darren Stephenson ex county

Stephenson is a good player but has had fitness issues of his own in the past season or two.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »

Stephenson is a good player but has had fitness issues of his own in the past season or two.

I believe so also  he's also inconsistent apparently

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »

Hoping that we give Pooley a new deal....he showed signs when he was fitter at the back end of the season and play offs that his ball retention and class are a step above anyone else in the squad.

Also hoping for Jones too, he had a much better season and has come on loads, still a young lad. I’m not sure if Ben will get a new deal, his injuries may count against him...but I’d love to see him back too. And Dens of course ......

I’ll be gutted if we don’t retain Poole. Even if he’s not playing regularly. He has the sort of vision and ability that creates chances. Very useful when you’re up against opposition that are difficult to break down. Great close control too. Hope we don’t lose him.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »

Loan players does seem to be part of the season game plan now rather than just as cover. So how does it work? Who actually pays the salaries, or does it vary from case to case?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »

I would expect pooley to be at pre season  training to prove his fitness with Chadwick.

Jezza

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »

To improve on last season we have to make a couple of quality signings....the sort PP made with gusto in his first close season.

I am fearing another close season mis fire.

We will not win the league with loan wingers because you get the likes of daniels and the guy who's name I can't even remember and drop vital points lose momentum in between the owen dales and cisses.

The same team as last season will probably do exactly the same as we did last season....I expect at least one of darlo Hereford southport Kidderminster and York to provide just as stiff opposition as stockport and chorley.......

A fit James Poole would be as good as making one of those quality signings..

I expected a few tough decisions of releasing a few to bring in quality...

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »

In all honesty Jezza, it has gone very quiet at the club recently, and I am surprised we have not heard anything further as yet re any further signings.

I can only hope there are 'irons in the fire'. We need to get things sorted with our left wing sooner rather than later. Hope we hear re Pooley, goalkeeper - Tommo or otherwise, and a left winger.

That for me should be all we need for the squad to look balanced and complete. No further news from the club on their website since last Friday, so hopefully we should get further updates. Maybe another staff/fans meeting before season starts too.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 04:29:05 PM »

I suspect some patience may be required. I am sure that the management duo know what is needed to go a step better next season, however I am guessing that with a playing budget capped at a certain level and a significant proportion of last year's squad signed  up, there is a need for a bit of cat and mouse with both existing players out of contract and targeted signings to ensure we get the most effective / balanced squad for the wages available. There will be other clubs out there doing exactly the same to make matters more tricky
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2019, 09:03:03 AM »

In years gone by we have had no players signed on and used pre season to scrap around to get a starting 11.

We are well ahead of where we have been under previous managers i could name.

On the basis that we have signed almost a full squad already, i dont expect PP to be sat back waiting for a final few signings. He will be well on with it. Negotiating terms and competing against other clubs for the same players. Those same players will be holding out for the best options. Nothing to panic about in my eyes.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2019, 09:58:10 AM »

In years gone by we have had no players signed on and used pre season to scrap around to get a starting 11.

We are well ahead of where we have been under previous managers i could name.

On the basis that we have signed almost a full squad already, i dont expect PP to be sat back waiting for a final few signings. He will be well on with it. Negotiating terms and competing against other clubs for the same players. Those same players will be holding out for the best options. Nothing to panic about in my eyes.

Spot on, the new season is two months away. Furthermore if we are actively looking for new players then it isn't going to be done in the public domain and quite rightly so. Let's have a bit of patience and faith in the management.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »

I'm sure that left wing is a matter of focus for us and we'll be quietly going about making a move for someone. Patience needed.

Sort that and we're away. We must have gotten through a dozen players in that position over the course of the season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »

I'm sure that left wing is a matter of focus for us and we'll be quietly going about making a move for someone. Patience needed.

Sort that and we're away. We must have gotten through a dozen players in that position over the course of the season.

Had a think. I make it the following players who have appeared at left wing last season.

Ceesay, Dale, Daniels, Dolan, Downing, Gabidon, Hancock, Harrop, Hemmings, Mantack, Waterston

Crikey!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad 2019/2920