PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bangor City FC
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bangor City FC  (Read 7876 times)

old alty fan

Bangor City FC
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »

Start next season with a 42 point deduction after breaching various rules
Not surprisingly the club are to appeal.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bangor City FC
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »

It seems that the 42 point deduction has been applied to the season just completed, meaning that Bangor City will be relegated to the 3rd tier of Welsh football when their appeal fails.:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bangor-city-docked-staggering-42-16305522

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:01:36 AM »

It seems that the 42 point deduction has been applied to the season just completed, meaning that Bangor City will be relegated to the 3rd tier of Welsh football when their appeal fails.:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bangor-city-docked-staggering-42-16305522

It all started to go wrong when that shyster Vaughan got involved. I've seen some cracking matches against Bangor City back in the day, and this genuinely saddens me.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 11:02:07 PM »

It all started to go wrong when that shyster Vaughan got involved. I've seen some cracking matches against Bangor City back in the day, and this genuinely saddens me.

Totally agree.
Some bloody good games against them in the VERY GOOD Cheshire League.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 08:14:38 PM »

Totally agree.
Some bloody good games against them in the VERY GOOD Cheshire League.

Bryan,

I'm obviously nowhere near as old as you.... so the NPL era (1971/72 onwards) comprised my initial experience of Alty versus Bangor City encounters and henceforth on to those early years of the APL (5-4 victory at Farrar Road on Boxing Day 1980, anyone?).

I honestly can't recall seeing Alty lose against Bangor City at Moss Lane in all those years.

Plenty of managerial connections between the clubs, from Roy Rees and Tony Sanders to John King and Paul Rowlands.

Plus numerous players who have appeared for both clubs including the likes of Peter Eales; Tony Broadhead; Barry Ashworth; Ivan Crossley; Roy Hughes; Joe Pritchard; John Davison; John Hughes; Derek Goulding; Graham Bennett; Harry Wiggins; Ken McKenna; Steve Cross and Stuart Terry. Oh, and not forgetting Danny McGoona, too.

It's extremely sad to see Bangor City currently floundering amongst the lower echelons of Welsh football but, alas, their decline was all too inevitable once the Vaughan family had got their toxic hooks into the club.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 10:48:05 PM »

How come those Vaughan sh1ts are allowed to have anything to do with any Sports clubs.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »

A tribunal has said that the Bangor City points deduction has been annulled and there will now be a fresh hearing, which could still apply it.

Ironically, they apparently got the fair play award for their performance on the field of play in the Cymru Alliance. I have also heard something about a fans' club being formed for next season.

http://www.bangorcityfc.co.uk/teams/60084/news/initial-appeal-hearing-2436486.html

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 11:50:57 PM »

In a Solomonic judgement, the appeals tribunal has reduced Bangor's points deduction by exactly half, from 42 points to 21, meaning that they escape relegation on goal difference, and so can compete in the new Welsh Championship (North) next season.

http://www.bangorcityfc.co.uk/teams/60084/news/bangor-city-stay-up-2438195.html

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »

Bit of a cop out but saves any further drawn out action with preseason approaching. I note three of the stars of Ynys Môns stunning island games victory have jumped ship from relegated Holyhead Hotspur to Porthmadog to stay in the second tier

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 09:19:21 AM »

If anyone's interested in a potted history of recent events

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/the-crazy-world-of-bangor-city
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »

Reading the potted history above reminds me it some what of the infamous regime at Northwich Vics? SBL

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 07:29:58 PM »

The new fans' club, Bangor 1876, are competing in the fifth tier Gwynedd League this season, and will be based at Treborth Playing Fields, which looks to be by the Menai Strait, a bit further out from the centre than Nantporth, where City play.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 08:25:26 PM »

The new fans' club, Bangor 1876, are competing in the fifth tier Gwynedd League this season, and will be based at Treborth Playing Fields, which looks to be by the Menai Strait, a bit further out from the centre than Nantporth, where City play.

Fair play to them. With this news does this mean the allocations for the new third tier have now been announced?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »

Fair play to them. With this news does this mean the allocations for the new third tier have now been announced?

Don't think so...Bangor are facing yet another points deduction and so could still potentially be relegated. Madness!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 09:01:40 PM »

Don't think so...Bangor are facing yet another points deduction and so could still potentially be relegated. Madness!

In the north east, the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area) - what a great name, I always think - have announced their allocation for the third tier and below, where Brymbo are one of the friendliest clubs I have ever visited, but, as RATF says, nothing from the Welsh Alliance on the North Wales coast.

In Welsh football, anything can be subject to a late appeal, though!

http://www.wnl.org.uk/tables.htm
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bangor City FC