PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tom Peers
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tom Peers  (Read 6269 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tom Peers
« on: May 24, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »

...returns to the club.

I did wonder after he was out with all the lads in Manchester.

As long as he's willing to wait for opportunities, I think he's a great option.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Peers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »

Well it's bollox tbh.

Left because he wanted more game, and thats fair enough, so what has changed?

From my point of view wasn't good enough last season and won't be good enough this season.
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »

Well it's bollox tbh.

Left because he wanted more game, and thats fair enough, so what has changed?

From my point of view wasn't good enough last season and won't be good enough this season.

Obviously PP thinks he has something to offer . I thought he did ok prior to his departure.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 12:06:56 AM »

A very poor decision. Peers has clearly only come back as FC have been relegated. Never a starter for us really. Bad attitude. Never celebrated scoring for us. Thinks he is better than he is. Hope he doesn't last. We can do better
The players we had season were all better than him

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »

Unbelievable comments, Peers is a great asset and always proved his worth,  if he'd have been able to come on last season when Hulme was suspended he'd have bagged a few.  also able to contribute on the wing, a squad player who is still young and developing.  Good astute signing
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 08:16:33 AM »

Quite a simple one really this when you think about it. Lots of our key players have signed new deals to stay here and as such you’d expect their earnings to increase. We’d all like another strike of Hulme’s pedigree and class but unfortunately I don’t think our budget will stretch that far. Tom is  a reliable back up forward with a great finish on him (Blyth away aside, sorry Peersy!) who can play on the wing too, and I’m sure PP is shrewd enough to not offer him the world to come back here. He’s also well liked in the dressing room. It ticks every box. I’d rather have him back here than Chadwick who unfortunately didn’t do much for me, but obviously it could turn out that we have them both next season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »

A good option from the bench and should mean not having to bring in a loan player if Jordan is injured  short term or suspended.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 09:09:45 AM »

A very poor decision. Peers has clearly only come back as FC have been relegated. Never a starter for us really. Bad attitude. Never celebrated scoring for us. Thinks he is better than he is. Hope he doesn't last. We can do better
The players we had season were all better than h

I don't get this, I think it was Phil Parkinson who asked him back, not Tom ringing him saying I'm coming back.
Give the bloke a chance FFS.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »

I’d rather have him back here than Chadwick who unfortunately didn’t do much for me, but obviously it could turn out that we have them both next season.

I think we'd need to see a bit more of Chadwick before making a judgement to be fair.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 09:57:41 AM »

The players we had season were all better than him

Bad attitude....? Wow. Peers grafted every minute on that pitch and has a decent finish on him.

As stated above, he can do a job out right and is a naturally fit lad who looks after himself.

Hulme will be our number 9 and Peers is a decent back up at this level. Knows the lads and management team and  more importantly understands his position in the squad.

For me we release Chadwick, who was certainly given many more chances than Wynne.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »

A lot of very unfair comments on here.

Peers is clearly popular in the dressing room and knows where the net is. I was quite sorry to see him go. To have someone like him as backup is great in my opinion.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »

I’d rather have him back here than Chadwick who unfortunately didn’t do much for me, but obviously it could turn out that we have them both next season.

I think we'd need to see a bit more of Chadwick before making a judgement to be fair.

Not having a dig at Chadwick I just consider whether he's for us. Whoever played full back behind him had to do two jobs and I'm not sure that is going to change with more game time. For me the signing of Chadwick was quite reminiscent of Theo Bailey-Jones the year before, in that we needed legs to come in so we could ensure that JJ / Ceesay weren't playing continual 90 minutes.

What purpose does he have going into next season now Peers is back and fills those same positions, is younger and clearly fitter?

I'm saying this without confirmation on whether he's staying so if he does, and he proves me wrong, then happy days. He wouldn't be the first player to do so and he certainly wouldn't be the last. Clearly got a lot about him as his goal scoring record is decent.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »

Not having a dig at Chadwick I just consider whether he's for us. Whoever played full back behind him had to do two jobs and I'm not sure that is going to change with more game time. For me the signing of Chadwick was quite reminiscent of Theo Bailey-Jones the year before, in that we needed legs to come in so we could ensure that JJ / Ceesay weren't playing continual 90 minutes.

What purpose does he have going into next season now Peers is back and fills those same positions, is younger and clearly fitter?

I'm saying this without confirmation on whether he's staying so if he does, and he proves me wrong, then happy days. He wouldn't be the first player to do so and he certainly wouldn't be the last. Clearly got a lot about him as his goal scoring record is decent.

Agree

Peers is decent and has a role to play.....yes would like to see a player come in of Hulme's quality or better, but noticeable last season that we are probably behind several other sides in terms of playing budgets
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:36:11 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »

Sorry but despite the very negative comments earlier in the thread which I do not agree with at all, I for one am glad to see Tom Peers back at the club. Some of us seem to forget it was Tom who started the goal-scoring against Shaw Lane in the first season. He scores plenty of goals for the time he is on the pitch and I would certainly prefer him here rather than at an opposition club. Would like to see him up front alongside Jordan but hopefully Phil and Neil will give him guidance and much more game time.

So from me, welcome back Peersy, looking forward to watching you again. Get us some important goals, like you did last time you were here!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 10:42:30 PM »

For me, the most sensible aspect of this is that Peers'll fit straight in because he knows our style of play. Chadwick needs to adapt, and I don't think he was fully fit. He could still be an asset.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tom Peers