News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay-Away Alty Fans

Author Topic: Stay-Away Alty Fans  (Read 4625 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stay-Away Alty Fans
« on: May 28, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »

...do we still have quite a large contingent?

I'm conscious I'm opening up the old can of worms again, but I'm genuinely curious.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stay-Away Alty Fans
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 09:29:44 AM »

Yes. Put the lid back on the can please.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 09:37:15 AM »

Home games, yes.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »

I saw one or two faces at the end of the season who I had down as stay away fans.Im guessing it's less than 50 total stay away.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »

There’s many still staying away and not contributing to the club in others ways. Regardless of progress on the pitch, this situation will not change until a different chairman is at the helm, it’s as simple as that.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »

Despite the two relegations previously, the club is now very much on the up with one promotion and league championship and the nearmiss last season.

The club now has a very strong infrastructure so why stay away now? Last two seasons have been great fun.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 01:23:21 PM »

Steve you will not understand until you yourself are insulted in some way by the chairman.....then you will be doubly insulted when some do gooder tells you to support the club and tells you it's great fun.....

I myself attend as many home games as I can under protest but will not buy a season ticket or donate to the patrons scheme or any other club scheme.

Rowley may congratulate himself that THE BOARD has appointed a brilliant manager and things on the pitch are turning around (note we are still at a lower level than the national league his nepotism acaused us to drop from) but his chairmanship is the cause of a massive loss of income to the club.

Phil Parkinson's red and white army!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »

Hi Jezza

Sorry mate no offence meant! I was not at the meeting so have no idea what was said, but in all honesty I don't feel things are going to change any time soon. I just feel sorry that the fans are missing out on the club and would love to see them all back again.

I guess I am also missing my football fix, hope your close season is going ok - Steve

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 11:18:19 PM »

Of course we would like to see all the stay away fans return, but we have to respect their reasons and admire their principled stance.

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 10:33:30 PM »

Respect their views - absolutely, but ‘admire’ I’m afraid not. No one man is bigger than the club so unless the ‘one man’ is threatening the club’s existence then I can’t admire a stance that puts one individual’s position (positive or negative) above the club and that’s what the boycott effectively does in my view - whatever the rights and Wrongs on both sides of the argument

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »

So Rowley's a bit of a d1ck, granted.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a football club out there where everyone was likeable from top to bottom.

Also, how can you apportion the blame of previous decisions solely on him, and yet say the appointment of Phil and Neil was a 'board decision'? You can't have it both ways.

I'd prefer to focus on how our 'fall from grace' has led to our revamp across a lot of areas, not least the way we market ourselves - which has been nothing short of astonishing.

But yes, each to their own.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 10:30:48 PM »

Respect their views - absolutely, but ‘admire’ I’m afraid not. 

Given PP has agreed a 3yr contract and all the talk in his interview of progressing then the club needs all the support it can get.

Anyone holding back with their support will only serve to jeopardize that progress.

Until we have a rich benefactor willing to subsidise us, then we have to pay our own way - the more some withhold, the more the rest of us have to find to make up the shortfall.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »

So Rowley's a bit of a d1ck, granted.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a football club out there where everyone was likeable from top to bottom.

Also, how can you apportion the blame of previous decisions solely on him, and yet say the appointment of Phil and Neil was a 'board decision'? You can't have it both ways.

I'd prefer to focus on how our 'fall from grace' has led to our revamp across a lot of areas, not least the way we market ourselves - which has been nothing short of astonishing.

But yes, each to their own.

The probably with our football club is we're suffering first world problems. If we had proper problems, we'd see real change.

It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay-Away Alty Fans