PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC Board Planning Day
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Altrincham FC Board Planning Day  (Read 9004 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:13:59 AM »

Next Friday 21st June the Altrincham Board are having an all day planning meeting, where we review progress against the Strategic Review, determine our priorities for the next 12 months and define action plans to meet these goals.

As part of this day, we want to hear from you, our fans, as to what you would like to see as our priorities.  We want input from you all for your views on how we should be moving forward.  The slot we have put aside for this is from 1800 - 1845 in the boardroom at The J Davidson Stadium.

If you are interested in attending, can you let me know on here, or send me a message, whichever you prefer. 

And if you have any questions about the day, please ask and I will respond.

Bill

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham FC Board Planning Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:15:24 PM »

Bill,

I assume that will include input from those of us who will not be able attend on the day due to geographical restrictions?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »

A good point - I am happy to take any questions from our non Greater Altrincham fan base and field them in the session

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:42:00 AM »

Thanks for that Bill. I’ll compile a few from London Alty and pass them on later in the week.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »

A good point - I am happy to take any questions from our non Greater Altrincham fan base and field them in the session

Yes, thanks Bill.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »

I've sent you a message Bill, at least I think I have if i've done it right.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 12:22:39 AM »

Perfectly executed - got it and forwarded it to the rest of the board

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 11:54:33 AM »

Hi Bill, here’s a few from me & some of the other London Alty lads:

1. ST and Patrons online is great but any plans to start selling match tickets online and taking card payments at turnstiles?
2. Will the pop up Libero craft beer store be returning for this season?
3. How are we going to make up the shortfall in gate receipts with no FCUM or Stockport home games this season?
4. Gloucester, Kings Lynn & Gateshead have all joined the league. Do we do any overnight stays for longer distance away games?
5. Are there any plans for any significant ground improvements (eg roof on away end) in the near future?
6. Have we shelved all plans to sell the shares or are we going to make a real and renewed effort to publicise and look for investors?
7. If we're going to be as successful as we all want in the long term, we'll need to go full-time. What have the board done to research and explore what that would require?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 09:01:35 AM »

Hi Bill, here’s a few from me & some of the other London Alty lads:

1. ST and Patrons online is great but any plans to start selling match tickets online and taking card payments at turnstiles?
2. Will the pop up Libero craft beer store be returning for this season?
3. How are we going to make up the shortfall in gate receipts with no FCUM or Stockport home games this season?
4. Gloucester, Kings Lynn & Gateshead have all joined the league. Do we do any overnight stays for longer distance away games?
5. Are there any plans for any significant ground improvements (eg roof on away end) in the near future?
6. Have we shelved all plans to sell the shares or are we going to make a real and renewed effort to publicise and look for investors?
7. If we're going to be as successful as we all want in the long term, we'll need to go full-time. What have the board done to research and explore what that would require?

Great set of questions these - would love to know what they have to say. I just hope they're honest rather than ambiguous, i.e. if no progress has been made on something just say 'sorry no' or 'not yet' so we know where we are.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 01:37:44 PM »

1. What happened to Sports Business - are we still engaged with them, and if not, do we have a plan to replace their seeking of investment?
2. When is tender happening for the following areas of the club:

- Fan Catering
- Hospitality / Corp. catering
- Beer
- Kit

3. Are we planning to consider updating the Sponsors Lounge or make better use of the Vice President Suite.

4. What plans do we have to unify the club's branding across CSH, Youth, Ladies, Mens, Stadium signage, print, digital?

On the subject of brand, what are plans to move this forwards as we seek to be more professional?

I would like us to consider what we stand for as a football club, and use that to unify our branding. This should help us land more investment for sponsors - such as Footy Accumulators - as they will be able to align with our core values. For Example, FGR have Quorn, a marine conversation company and Swiss investment arm who only invest in Green companies.

5. What are the plans to improve our visibility in the town centre? Do we have plans for any visual posters, artwork, or signage, similar to Manchester Storm's signage outside The Station pub..

6. What is the plan with charity kits for this season? Being the 75th Anniversary of D-Day, an armed-forces charity might be appropriate.

It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 07:29:31 PM »

Any chance of a grant to fund ground improvements ? I know player budget rightly comes first but if a  grant is successful maybe start  a fund for paying the part not covered by the grant.The popular side could do with new roofs either side of the one in the middle , also as previously mentioned a roof for the away end but after the popular side improvements.How much would these improvements cost without a grant ? Quite expensive I suspect ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:49:27 PM by Timperley The Best »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »

2. When is tender happening for the following areas of the club:

I read that as "Tinder!"

An interesting development for the club!!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 03:45:05 PM »

Just to add to the questions re ground improvements, I've seen Altrincham Unlimited regularly organise "jet washing" of town-centre pavements and the results are transformational. Perhaps worth looking at as a bit of soft improvement.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »

Just to add to the questions re ground improvements, I've seen Altrincham Unlimited regularly organise "jet washing" of town-centre pavements and the results are transformational. Perhaps worth looking at as a bit of soft improvement.

Anyone who would like to join us for the next ground working party would be most welcome on Saturday 29th June 10am - there was plenty of jet washing done last Saturday and sure to be more to come.

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/help-wanted-can-you-pitch-in-and-join-clean-up-task-force

Last Saturday saw the 15 volunteers clear the old soil (and weeds) from the car park, jet wash all the bins, a full clear of any rubbish, debris, equipment left around the ground, remove all the weeds from inside and outside the ground, sweep out the turnstile blocks and remove a self rooted 8ft tree from behind the family stand.

If you'd like to come along, please pass your details on via office@altrinchamfootballclub.co.uk so we know how many to expect on the day.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »

Thank you for all the questions you have asked us either on this thread or directly to me– I will publish them all on the forum and website ahead of the meeting, and we will look to address all issues raised by you.

If any of you are looking to attend in person tomorrow, please let me know so that we can plan for numbers.

I just want to reiterate the original purpose of the session – the intent was to get input from our fans to help determine our strategic imperatives of the next few years and the concrete actions that we will take in the next 12 – 18 months.

In many cases, the questions you are asking are the same ones we are posing to ourselves – and we are asking not only fans, but all our stakeholders to help us determine our priorities.  These include the management, our volunteers, our sponsors and of course our supporters.

We believe there are exciting times ahead for this club, but we want to ensure that you all have a say in our future direction.  That is the prime purpose of Fridays session, and we look forward to your invaluable contribution.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team