PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Patrons
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Patrons  (Read 10515 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Patrons
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »

There's a message from Phil Parkinson about the Patrons Scheme on the club website..

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Patrons
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 08:46:47 PM »

I think, if finances allow, people should get behind this. Me and my bro are splitting it. Ask a mate, fellow fan, family member and let's support the playing budget that people have desperately wanted for years.

decman7

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »

Whilst its a good message to put out, and to get the manager to do it is very smart, what would really help the playing budget is investment from elsewhere.

We haven't heard a peep about that for over a year.

However, I will probably still contribute as I want the best side possible. But investment is what we need in the long term.

Also you only have to look at how busy the libero hut and the King George is after the game to see why people don't go in the sports hall. Its souless and the beer is rubbish. Never mind the fact people are STILL annoyed at what has happened in past seasons.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:16:55 PM »

Agree with above but a long term investor(s) might not happen anytime soon so let's make the difference now.

The club will welcome and snap the hands of the right people. I ain't going to mention who said it to me but I was told that Alty would need a starting platform of 5 million to go full time and compete.

Is that realistic.......? I very much doubt it, unless we are very lucky. Would they even be the right sort of people.

We are making the right steps and if people give that little bit more than maybe we can go the next step and attract the right investment.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 07:51:35 AM »

I sent Lawrence this https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/pitches/boost-the-budget-19-20 when I first posted about a digital patreom scheme. There was initial interest from his end and I hoped we might see something similar post-board meeting.

Darlington have managed to put in an extra 2500 in a week into their wage budget. That's via just 405 fans.

None of those items cost money but add value.

The club talk endless about bringing money but don't seem to want to provide value for it. Not commercial value either.

One day the club will be able to Leverage emotional value for financial clout without emotional blackmail or begging and then we might have a chance to play with the big boys.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:54:31 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »

Agree with above but a long term investor(s) might not happen anytime soon so let's make the difference now.

The club will welcome and snap the hands of the right people. I ain't going to mention who said it to me but I was told that Alty would need a starting platform of 5 million to go full time and compete.

Is that realistic.......? I very much doubt it, unless we are very lucky. Would they even be the right sort of people.

We are making the right steps and if people give that little bit more than maybe we can go the next step and attract the right investment.

I guarantee we wouldn't need 5 million to go full time and compete.

I don't think 15 out of 24 clubs in the league above have 5 million (putting us midtable and maybe able to put a run together.

30 salaried employees at 50k  and a 1 million for other costs would put us half of that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:07:12 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »

I guarantee we wouldn't need 5 million to go full time and compete.

I don't think 15 out of 24 clubs in the league above have 5 million (putting us midtable and maybe able to put a run together.

30 salaried employees at 50k  and a 1 million for other costs would put us half of that.

Agreed, I'd like to see where the £5m figure comes from. There are league clubs running at £2-3m a year upwards.

In any case, we have a manager who clearly wants us to look at full time and going full time will probably mean us changing our current culture and ownership structure to fund it. Patrons schemes, golden goals, extra pints in the hall are all great (and fair play to everyone who does that) but a drop in the ocean in that regard.

Bath Alty

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »

The £5 million figure didn’t say it was annual. I assume we’d need to commit to a three year minimum period of full time to attract people so a £5 m investment would be in the ball park people are talking about above and we could then see if we could make it sustainable from there based on the hopefully bigger crowds and better league position / profile we had established

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »

The £5 million figure didn’t say it was annual. I assume we’d need to commit to a three year minimum period of full time to attract people so a £5 m investment would be in the ball park people are talking about above and we could then see if we could make it sustainable from there based on the hopefully bigger crowds and better league position / profile we had established

I'd expect us to be a football league club with a 5 million pound pot.

Money attracts money.
It's all my fault.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »

I'd like to touch on Dec's comments about the Community Sports Hall and say, in all seriousness, thanks. The one thing the club wanted above all, from the original post, was feedback, either good or bad, to enable them to at least look at ways of trying to improve the facility and make it more appealing for supporters. Dec's observations will be passed on, as will any more anyone might have. Please do share your thoughts on here. Criticisms will readily be taken on board, but so, too, will suggestions for making it a venue people will want to frequent. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 03:17:53 PM »

The Noel White Suite feels, to me at least, like it is vastly under utilised and the conversion of that space into a fan bar on a membership-basis would create an environment for fans like Dec (of which there are plenty) to generate the atmosphere that would see them drink at the club pre and post game.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »

Most of the people that used fill the old bar until and then patronise the new bar until it closed of a Saturday evening won’t be back until
there’s a change of chairman. That’s not mischief making, that’s fact. I don’t bother hanging around now as no one is in there, it’s very sad.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »

The Noel White Suite feels, to me at least, like it is vastly under utilised and the conversion of that space into a fan bar on a membership-basis would create an environment for fans like Dec (of which there are plenty) to generate the atmosphere that would see them drink at the club pre and post game.

Totally agree, I also reckon the sponsors lounge is well off it's full potential as an asset. Facilities like that are rare at this level.

A modernised, more exclusive sponsors lounge and revamped Noel White Suite membership package is worth considering in my view. Both would compliment the CSH well. Three different facilities for different clientele is a good mix.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »

Some honest feedback from me about the sports hall :-

Beer is fine (I drink real ale or keg bitter or cider) and the prices are fine - It can take too long to get served at busy periods pre-match and half time which puts me off - post match is ok because if it is busy I am more than happy to wait for it to quiet down

Enjoy chatting post match, but the place does lack a Social Club atmosphere (like an Ashton or even a Guiseley). How this is changed I am not sure because it needs to be like it us to double up in the week for other functions
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »

Some honest feedback from me about the sports hall :-

Beer is fine (I drink real ale or keg bitter or cider) and the prices are fine - It can take too long to get served at busy periods pre-match and half time which puts me off - post match is ok because if it is busy I am more than happy to wait for it to quiet down

Enjoy chatting post match, but the place does lack a Social Club atmosphere (like an Ashton or even a Guiseley). How this is changed I am not sure because it needs to be like it us to double up in the week for other functions

Got a bit of time to kill so I've had a think about this.

• Acoustic 'Manchester' music mixed with renditions of the tunes that inspire our chants.
  • If live music is pushing it at this stage then mute the commentary on whatever is playing through the TV and funnel some decent music through. No one wants to listen to Adam Virgo commentating on Solihull Moors vs Bromley, decent music would elevate the atmosphere straight away.
  • Solid, consistent deals every game rather than as-and-when discounts that are announced within 24hrs of kick-off. That way fans know what to expect and the deals can be relied upon. I think there's a bit of confusion as to why deals such as the £1 pint have been run and then pulled, or swapped for different deals. It just leads to people being unsure of whether they're coming or going.
  • Further deals for season ticket holders and members. Again, every game and the same each week so you know exactly what there is.
  • Supporters' Man of the Match announced post-game in the bar.
  • More decor to try and make you forget you're in a hall-for-rent. Fair play to the club for trying with the mat by the bar and whatnot, perhaps darken the lights a bit so it isn't as bright. Is there anything we can do with the walls? Flags from the ceiling? Just thinking out loud.
  • Cut-out token in the programme for some kind of offer the following home game. Incentive to purchase the programme and then step foot in the bar.
  • Continue to work on lowering the queue time. This will help encourage some people to return if they've currently got a bad impression. Pre pour pints before HT and FT so they can be rapidly given out? Make more of a point about the bottle bar, etc.
  • Sell bottles or cans 'by the bucket' with a bit of ice. 5 for £10 or something? This would also make a really cost-effective social media prize  ;)

Just scribbling ideas there but if I think of anything else I'll revisit.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Patrons