PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Atherton Collieries match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Atherton Collieries match thread  (Read 12218 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Atherton Collieries match thread
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »

A minor point of interest: Atherton's former Preston North End and St Johnstone defender Clive Smith is Timperley based.

Probably also the youngest person called Clive smith in the world

I believe he went to Wellington Rd.

I believe the following footballers went to Welly Road,Frank Carrodus, Danny Higgibbotham,Kieran Westwood ,Danny Adam's plus  a faiir few semi pro players.

Oliver Turton (Blackpool) and George Edmundson (Rangers) more recently.

Presume they are both local?Also Oliver Byrne ex Cardiff ?Produced more than the other schools bar ashton on.mersey

I believe so, both have family in the area for sure.

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »

Its a couple of games into pre season friendlies and Mr Needham continues his bitter sad vendetta against a player who was vital in our promotion from obscurity and in our play off run.

Watch the sodding videos from buxton and shaw lane and the end of last season needham you joker....we'd still be in the glue league without him and he deserves a bit more respect as a member of one of only 4 title winning alty teams in the last 50 years.

Don't think anyone has forgotten your ludicrous prediction that thommo would cost us a place in the play off semi against blyth and how I was proved right in my prediction he would make crucial saves to enable our passage....and how meekly and sheepishly you had to apologise and admit you looked a bit of a pratt afterwards.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=23912.0

and
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=23920.0

Had a right laugh with TT about the knobs on the forum who don't know what they are talking as we celebrated on the pitch after his match winning performance V blyth to put us in the semi...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:48:04 PM by The Thriving Jezza »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »

A minor point of interest: Atherton's former Preston North End and St Johnstone defender Clive Smith is Timperley based.

I believe that he is 1 of 6 children & all 6 have a christian name beginning with 'C'.
Do all six have a surname beginning with ‘s’?

I believe so.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »

Turton  and Edmondson alty or timperley based growing up ?apparently kieran Westwood was from northenden but went to welly
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:26:59 PM by Timperley The Best »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »

Its a couple of games into pre season friendlies and Mr Needham continues his bitter sad vendetta against a player who was vital in our promotion from obscurity and in our play off run.

Watch the sodding videos from buxton and shaw lane and the end of last season needham you joker....we'd still be in the glue league without him and he deserves a bit more respect as a member of one of only 4 title winning alty teams in the last 50 years.

Don't think anyone has forgotten your ludicrous prediction that thommo would cost us a place in the play off semi against blyth and how I was proved right in my prediction he would make crucial saves to enable our passage....and how meekly and sheepishly you had to apologise and admit you looked a bit of a pratt afterwards.

and

Had a right laugh with TT about the knobs on the forum who don't know what they are talking as we celebrated on the pitch after his match winning performance V blyth to put us in the semi...

Numerous mistakes and right back at it in the last friendly.

We'll see.....

As for name calling..... get back under your rock.

As for calling people knobs it is nobs, unless your are referring to them as door knobs.

It is a forum for opinions and I want the best for the team that I support.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:59:10 PM by oneedham »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 05:13:13 PM »

I believe the following footballers went to Welly Road,Frank Carrodus, Danny Higgibbotham,Kieran Westwood ,Danny Adam's plus  a faiir few semi pro players.
da higgy went to green lane
Come on you red and white........

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 05:25:44 PM »

I believe the following footballers went to Welly Road,Frank Carrodus, Danny Higgibbotham,Kieran Westwood ,Danny Adam's plus  a faiir few semi pro players.
da higgy went to green lane

He was meant to go to ags but didnt I thought welly but you probably know more than me

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 07:56:23 PM »

Paul Bradshaw (G?K) went to welly rd if i recall correctly.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »

and

Teflon Thompson is a decent Evostick keeper who can do a job in the Conf North but if we’re looking to progress to The Conf National then we need someone more reliable between the sticks.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 11:52:22 PM »

Steve Drench expected to play against Blackpool.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Atherton Collieries match thread