+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gippos

Author Topic: Gippos  (Read 3857 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Gippos
« on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:37 PM »

On John legh park. The car park  barrier needs putting in place today for when they get moved on. The last thing we need is Reggie blinkers on the car park for the York game or all the scaffolding gone

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gippos
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »

Will you not be stationed outside the ground like usual to prevent their access?  :-*
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »

Serious Issue, it was a disaster last time. I’ve put the fencing back up this afternoon that has been pulled down that was surrounding the container at the end of the car park. The council need to get out and fix that hight barrier urgently or they’ll be on there for the summer. 

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »

Serious Issue, it was a disaster last time. I’ve put the fencing back up this afternoon that has been pulled down that was surrounding the container at the end of the car park. The council need to get out and fix that hight barrier urgently or they’ll be on there for the summer. 

As I understood it, the car park is included as part of the ground and therefore its the clubs job to maintain that barrier not the council.

It needs some heavy duty welding.

Thanks for putting the fencing back up - I need to replace that at some point, all the joints have collapsed.

rapscallion

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »

On John legh park. The car park  barrier needs putting in place today for when they get moved on. The last thing we need is Reggie blinkers on the car park for the York game or all the scaffolding gone

Ahh.....explains why yesterday I had two different flat back trucks park on my drive and knock on my door asking me if I wanted my rather large conifer removed.......It does need removing so I asked the gentlemen with the overseas accent for a quote which was OTT and only valid for a few days.... I have the mobile numbers

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »

http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/photos/misc/the-thieving-gypsy-bastards-small.png

Well I suppose the Viz Mag had it almost right back then : the funfair community never invaded private land and arrived by arrangement and used to park up in the winter on land where they paid rent (I have distant family here)....the rest, politically incorrect these days, but hard to argue against in my opinion
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 11:28:16 PM »

http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/photos/misc/the-thieving-gypsy-bastards-small.png

Well I suppose the Viz Mag had it almost right back then : the funfair community never invaded private land and arrived by arrangement and used to park up in the winter on land where they paid rent (I have distant family here)....the rest, politically incorrect these days, but hard to argue against in my opinion

Oooops ......Sorry: back to footy and hoping that barrier is fixed

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 01:43:16 PM »

Oooops ......Sorry: back to footy and hoping that barrier is fixed

Your wishes came true !

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=24030.0
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gippos