News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blackpool Match Thread

Author Topic: Blackpool Match Thread  (Read 6985 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Blackpool Match Thread
« on: July 20, 2019, 05:24:08 PM »

Think we were slightly better today, pleased Drench did well first half. Hat off to Matt Chadwick whom was my MOM. Did well and always wanted the ball.

Stockport will be a good test on Tuesday, wow only 2 weeks to the big KO.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blackpool Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 05:30:41 PM »

Thought for a friendly match that was a really good game. Matt Chadwick played really well; but I though Lewis Walters was good too.

The team as a whole played well and the second half team also did.

Enjoyed myself this afternoon and looking good now for the start of the season.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 05:37:06 PM »

Agree with the above. Harrop was excellent again, and Gabidon also impressed me.

On the negative side, I've seen Branson three times now, and he hasn't looked the part.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »

Maybe he's in a bit of a Pickle? SBL

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »

Have we got room to add any more players to the squad, we have 19 so far. Chadwick and Walters may be worth adding but not sure if there is room for both??

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 07:15:35 PM »

Matt Chadwick - Best game for Alty so far.
Lewis Walters - sign him please
Steve Drench - barely noticed he was on the pitch - exactly what I want from a keeper.
Tony Thompson - far too many passes back to him, and far too much dwelling on the ball - exactly what I don't want from a keeper.
Narhan Arnold - Not seen enough from him yet. Doesn't get involved in the game enough.  I hope he's not on a contract.
Family stand PA - happy that it's been overhauled, but does it need to be turned up to 11 when surely 10 would be loud enough?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »

Matt Chadwick - Best game for Alty so far.
Lewis Walters - sign him please
Steve Drench - barely noticed he was on the pitch - exactly what I want from a keeper.
Tony Thompson - far too many passes back to him, and far too much dwelling on the ball - exactly what I don't want from a keeper.
Narhan Arnold - Not seen enough from him yet. Doesn't get involved in the game enough.  I hope he's not on a contract.
Family stand PA - happy that it's been overhauled, but does it need to be turned up to 11 when surely 10 would be loud enough?

Not sure if Nathan Arnold is on contact but hopefully it will work out

Old Alt

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »

Just to echo the comments about Matt Chadwick, from above, a great performance, looked fit, was an outlet all though the first half, created the first goal, won the penalty and scored the goal.
I understand he is not signed up yet, a pretty easy decision after today.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »

Nathan Arnold will be a huge player for us. Remember, he has hardly kicked a ball in anger for 6 months - just needs game time to regain his fitness levels.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »

Matt Chadwick - Best game for Alty so far. It was but still unconvincing, nowhere near JJ and his tracking back is poor.
Lewis Walters - sign him please. Nope, very ordinary, we need either pace or trickery and he didnt have either.
Steve Drench - barely noticed he was on the pitch - exactly what I want from a keeper. Agreed.
Tony Thompson - far too many passes back to him, and far too much dwelling on the ball - exactly what I don't want from a keeper. Agreed, his decision making is what lets him down occasionally.
Narhan Arnold - Not seen enough from him yet. Doesn't get involved in the game enough.  I hope he's not on a contract. He is, but he's one that needs time to find his feet again, got a glimpse of what he can do when hit the post out of nothing.

I thought today was a useful workout and we were much better. Defence did well, Richman was everywhere, Branson still hasnt adjusted to the way we play but he will given time.
Great to see Whitey back, did well, Gabbidon very raw but has talent but cant see him playing enough to improve.
No injuries  ;)

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »

Re Arnold, there was a lot of egg on a lot of faces in 2017 when Jordan Hulme got ripped to shreds early in the season. Let’s learn from that shall we?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 09:56:17 AM »

I'd just like to see him get into the game more rather than wait for the game to come to him. I've seen him three half games and he's hardly been on the ball.

I saw Jordan play that pre-season game at Trafford and I thought he was awful, but at least he trying to get involved.

I 'd be delighted if Nathan Arnold proves exceptional for us, but at the moment there are other players in his positions who are doing a better job.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »

No injuries  ;)

Don't be too sure. Steve Drench seemed to walk very uncomfortably when he came over to talk to TT and Chris Parkes during the HT break. In the words of Nom de Plume "walking like he's sh*t himself". Just like me when my back goes.....hope I'm wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Now I'm not normally one to be positive. But I thought Arnold played well yesterday?

Granted haven't seen him before today. But I expected someone quiet unarsed.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 07:50:40 PM »

Agree with the above. Harrop was excellent again, and Gabidon also impressed me.

On the negative side, I've seen Branson three times now, and he hasn't looked the part.

He was great in the first two friendlies, not concerned at this point and think he'll be a big player for us.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blackpool Match Thread