Ben
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ben  (Read 6837 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ben
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »

There's news about Ben Harrison on the club's website.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ben
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »

It's understandable, but Ben will be a big miss. Good luck for the future!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:25:54 PM »

That's a big blow I think but there must be some doubts about him starting regularly with 4 CH's and both Branson and Moult able to fill in there too.
Best wishes Ben, you're a true gent and one of the best footballing CH's we've ever had.
Another club is going to get a hell of a player ;)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:38:08 PM »

It is very sad, but I can understand why it has happened. Ben was my player of the year in 2017-18, and I wish him every success for the future.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »

I really rate Ben, but the injuries have taken their toll. I'm sure he'll get snapped up quickly. Good luck wherever you go Ben !

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:29:14 AM »

Has been absolutely top notch for us and I wish him all the luck in the world. Was always on the cards given the options we have in that position.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »

I can't remember the last time I was this gutted about a player leaving - at his best, he strolls into the starting XI - but I trust the management to know if that's no longer realistically the case.

Good luck to him wherever he goes - and I guess that might free up the wage to take both Walters and Chadwick if needed.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 09:13:08 AM »

Big loss this, fantastic player and I wish him all the best for the future. Thanks Ben.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »

Very sorry to see him leave.......problem with having so many quality CN players on the books is affordability and PP needs to find the optimum balance

Good player who's injury dealt him a bad hand and from what I have seen, a nice fella also. Best of luck to him
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 11:06:32 AM »

The injury at home to Marine at the end of the season before last was in retrospect a really sad blow. A player of great ability, and from all accounts a really nice bloke as well. I can see him embarking on a dribble almost along the goal-line early last season at home to FCUM which brought a comment from one particular spectator which I will always cherish - "John Owens meets Johan Cruyff!" Wherever he goes, every success to Ben in the future.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »

The injury at home to Marine at the end of the season before last was in retrospect a really sad blow. A player of great ability, and from all accounts a really nice bloke as well. I can see him embarking on a dribble almost along the goal-line early last season at home to FCUM which brought a comment from one particular spectator which I will always cherish - "John Owens meets Johan Cruyff!" Wherever he goes, every success to Ben in the future.

I think that the injury was against Shaw Lane.

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »

I think that the injury was against Shaw Lane.
I sit corrected! Just been back to my notes on the Shaw Lane game & found the following, which might have been prophetic in a Cassandra-like way …
Harrison's injury right at the end of the first half - he went up for a header from a corner, failed to connect & fell very awkwardly in the sandpit - might very well mean his season is at an end.
For season effectively read Alty career, sadly.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »

I am so sorry to see Ben go. He has been an enjoyable player to watch and has been Mr Reliable when he has played. I do hope he gets another club sorted soon and I know he will be a major asset to any he joins. I remember speaking to his mum during his first pre-season friendly when he joined the club, she is a lovely woman and Ben is one of non-league football's nice guys.

All the very best for your future career Ben, and thanks for the memories; there have been many over the last couple of seasons.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »

Not good business by the manager..
I fear that will come back and bite us on the arse.

In my view I would have Tom and Ben as my first picks all day long.
Good luck for the future Ben.
Top bloke

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

Very sad to see Ben go.....massive part of our promotion  team.....very elegant centre half in the john owns paul france mould.

With james jones ahead of him and a good performance by mullarkey on Saturday one had to go and I did think Ben wasn't moving 100% freely on Saturday.

He will be a great signing for anyone.....wonder if ashton have any money left?....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ben