PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: York City - Match Thread  (Read 14982 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: York City - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 05:24:25 PM »

I would imagine all the pumps locally are in use pumping out peoples houses and flooded roads. Think we need a little perspective here, this is not normal weather in the area, its extreme. Many roads are blocked and impassable.

The brook behind the ground has now breached the bank and flowing over the bridge to the golf course. The culvert is at least 2 foot higher than on Sunday by the ground almost to path level. nowhere for the water to go at present.

I am sure the club will do what it can to get the game on.

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 06:20:10 PM »

I'm optimistic and have stocked up on sun cream for Friday and Saturday....

Drench
White Hannigan Mullarkey Hampson
Branson Richman Williams
JJ Jordan Arnold

Subs TT Jones Densmore Max/Peers Chadwick

2-1 to Alty att 1385 (400 York)

With Drench between the sticks we are surely sorted  ;D

This is the exact reason why a Winter Break is needed.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 07:24:34 PM »

I would imagine all the pumps locally are in use pumping out peoples houses and flooded roads. Think we need a little perspective here, this is not normal weather in the area, its extreme. Many roads are blocked and impassable.

The brook behind the ground has now breached the bank and flowing over the bridge to the golf course. The culvert is at least 2 foot higher than on Sunday by the ground almost to path level. nowhere for the water to go at present.

I tend to agree, although this sort of weather is becoming more common, whatever Donald Trump and co. might say. Hearing stories of flooding in Poynton, there are greater immediate priorities for any pumps.
The forecast is better for the next few days, and I can see a bit of blue sky now, so I certainly don't give up hope for Saturday, but, maybe, donning my tin hat, we do need to consider that 4G pitch in the longer term.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

I'm optimistic and have stocked up on sun cream for Friday and Saturday....

Drench
White Hannigan Mullarkey Hampson
Branson Richman Williams
JJ Jordan Arnold

Subs TT Jones Densmore Max/Peers Chadwick

2-1 to Alty att 1385 (400 York)

I would go with the formation of last year.

Max No.10 role and maybe for this one Richman over Williams.  Just for the legs in the centre.

Just had a look at the pitch from a far and seems OK. No standing water.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 08:34:54 PM »

Never has selection been so tough. As Sean said in his interview, every player in the squad would consider themselves hard done by to be left out. I'd more or less go with the thriving jezza's team but if Simon is unfit I'd consider playing Mullarky in midfield. He's so comfortable on the ball that I think he could easily do that job.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »

I tend to agree, although this sort of weather is becoming more common, whatever Donald Trump and co. might say. Hearing stories of flooding in Poynton, there are greater immediate priorities for any pumps.
The forecast is better for the next few days, and I can see a bit of blue sky now, so I certainly don't give up hope for Saturday, but, maybe, donning my tin hat, we do need to consider that 4G pitch in the longer term.

I can confirm your stories of flooding in poynton. I left wythenshawe hospital at just after 4pm to take a (Macc fan home and away) person back to rainow, it took three and a half hours to get to rainow and I am still not back home (Wilmslow). Cars abandoned in adlington and the outskirts of poynton and Macc the A537 is floooded in both directions. I’ve had to come over the tops towards Whaley bridge and should be finally home in 20 mins. No excuses for the game not to be on its dry as a bone now. Except for all
The inland seas 😂

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 09:32:20 PM »

Reading what's on the club website it would appear that Simon Richman is very doubtful for the first two games. If that turns out to be true, we will miss his energy in what could well be very stamina-sapping conditions; it doesn't matter how much the sun shines between now and 3pm Saturday, I would have thought the pitch will inevitably be in far from ideal shape. As I've only seen one PSF - at Whitchurch - I can't comment on the likely selection, but trusting the management is surely the best policy for the rest of us.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 07:24:46 AM »

I see from Twitter that Stuart Coburn loaned us a pump yesterday that has helped towards I quote a ‘massive improvement’ on the pitch & also pumped water away from the dressing rooms which were apparently also affected by the deluge. Cautiously optimistic now that we will be on this Saturday.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2019, 08:38:30 AM »

Cheers Stuart.

Club have just tweeted asking for volunteers this morning to contact the club if you can spare a little time to help with the clear up.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »

A few years ago the club asked for volunteers to come forward in order to form a working party who could be contacted in the event of inclement weather. They would ring people to (for example) come down and fork the pitch and/or move pitch covers. I seem to recall that it worked quite well, so would it be worth doing it again?
Come on Alty!

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 09:39:57 AM »

A few years ago the club asked for volunteers to come forward in order to form a working party who could be contacted in the event of inclement weather. They would ring people to (for example) come down and fork the pitch and/or move pitch covers. I seem to recall that it worked quite well, so would it be worth doing it again?

I suggested this to the club with regards to the pitch covers as, I was told, one of the reasons they weren't being used was man power. Building a list of "on call" volunteers for such weather is something many clubs do.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »

Quote from: Paul Cain's Chip Pan on Today at 09:23:04 AM

I suggested this to the club with regards to the pitch covers as, I was told, one of the reasons they weren't being used was man power. Building a list of "on call" volunteers for such weather is something many clubs do.

Andrew, that's a great idea, hopefully the club will resurrect this. Makes absolute sense.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 11:45:07 AM »

There is a whatsapp group for "Pitch Cover Helpers" in existence, and offers of help have been offered this week via the group.

For whatever reasons unknown to me, I dont believe the covers have been utilised this week.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »

It's absolutely persisting down again. Water is running down both sides of Wood Lane like twin rivers.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »

Just a shower, not that bad at the ground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread