News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York Fans and Club staff

Author Topic: York Fans and Club staff  (Read 3701 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
York Fans and Club staff
« on: August 04, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

Thought despite the performance the game was well managed off the pitch. Both during the game but also particularly midweek getting Stu to pump water off the pitch.

Granted they were comfortable winners, I thought the large number of away fans were catered for with out the need to give up any of the home area.

Also Libero hut and tables looked great.

I hope we keep any crowd about 75 on the away terrace

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:49:43 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: York Fans and Club staff
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »

I'm getting to "about 75" but I don't want to stand with the away fans !

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »

Yes a big round of applause to those who got the game on despite the weather......must say though that I was staggered when I arrived at 2.30 and the sprinklers were on !

Well managed by the stewards yesterday also

York fans a credit to their club.....one numpty started to chant during the minutes applause and was promptly told to button it by other fans

I followed some younger fans down Moss Lane and they even carried their empties and put them in the next public bin.....brought up right in York maybe  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »

Yes a big round of applause to those who got the game on despite the weather......must say though that I was staggered when I arrived at 2.30 and the sprinklers were on !

Well managed by the stewards yesterday also

York fans a credit to their club.....one numpty started to chant during the minutes applause and was promptly told to button it by other fans

I followed some younger fans down Moss Lane and they even carried their empties and put them in the next public bin.....brought up right in York maybe  ;D

Could have done without the flare when they equalised, but generally a  decent lot.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »

Stewarding team as unprepared as ever to deal with it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »

Forgot about the smokebomb.......albeit remember having a few flares in the Popside not too long ago.....
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »

I have a good deal of time for the York people - as a club they have adapted to being in the Conference, both national & regional, not tried to play the 'big boys in exile', & always been pleasant & welcoming on my visits to Bootham Crescent. It was therefore no surprise that they should be as respectful as they were of the minute's applause before the game. The point Mick makes about taking their empties away & binning them is good to read as well.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

Our fans are the best part of our club, if anything we are far too nice which means we've allowed our club to be run into the ground in recent years and not done enough about it.

But such nice words are always great to hear, and praise must rightly go to the Altrincham ground staff for getting the game on, especially due to the ever rising train ticket price from York to Manchester many of our fans will have had advance purchase non-refundable travel tickets. So the Alty staff's efforts are very much appreciated.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York Fans and Club staff