PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester City - Match Thrrad
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gloucester City - Match Thrrad  (Read 7778 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Gloucester City - Match Thrrad
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »

My first game of the season.

Drench, class above Thompson some superb saves in really testing conditions and despite the wind every clearance stayed on the pitch!
Defence looked good, especially at CB.  Hannigan man of match for me, many excellent tackles and the composure not to react when the 12 simply kicked him on the back of the knee off the ball and then clattered him instead of jumping for a header - shame none of the officials spotted it but not surprising given their performance

Branson was OK but I was disappointed given his build up, didn't look any better than we had last year
Richman all over the pitch again and did well but too often found himself as the closest support for Jordan and a creative no10 is not his best position!
Harrop good energy and commitment but a walking red card in second half, he needs to learn to calm down when faced with muppet like officials whatever the provocation

Walters seemed good but clearly still settling in and not up to a full 90 minutes
JJ seemed off the pace in the first half, I don't know if he didn't fancy taking on their fast full back?  Seemed better second half

Jordan missed a coup;e that he would have burried last season and could easily have had a hat trick

Peers and Arnold didn't do much when they came on.

Over all we had enough chances to win it and really should have done.  Ref was consistent in first half giving a free kick every time there was any contact at all but second half he lost the plot, clear penalty not given and the goal kick when the headed it behind was staggering, failing to spot the assaults from no 12. Really odd in second half.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 10:46:48 PM »

Interestingly the four bottom slots are occupied by teams that were in the playoffs last season

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »

We started as others said like this for the last few years, whilst not ideal, you don't win the league in August. But you do need to keep the points ticking over. Its a pity that were not up to speed. I am sure it will come together, hopefully on Tuesday.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 09:56:39 AM »

Not overly concerned just yet, although failure to see out games is a huge frustration.

We'll be a different team when Moult and Hancock are back - the latter's return being of great benefit to Jordan too, of course.

We took 1 point from 9 in our first home games to Leamington, FCUM and Boston last season, and were still in the bottom half after a dozen games.

We'll get there.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 10:03:49 AM »

Extremely disappointing.

Players treating it like a pre season game. Never seen so many players inside the 6 yard and 18 yard box trying to walk it in or do something tricky like bend it round the keeper with the outside of a weaker foot.

Poor finishing cost us 3 points today. Parkinson has a lot of work to do.

Feel like we've gone backwards as it standd
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »

Awful second half, Hancock straight back in on Tuesday surely.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »

Awful second half, Hancock straight back in on Tuesday surely.
[/quote

Very important dont think anyone else can play his role  .
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:13:56 AM by Timperley The Best »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 11:00:49 AM »

Stating the obvious but it would be a huge 3 points on Tuesday. 4th game of the season and we need to be cracking on.

Hancock is a must starter but may take him 3 games to be firing on all cylinders. My concern, as it has been highlighted on here,apart from Drench starting...are we stronger than last season?

Still feel we are 2 or maybe 3 quality players short. Hopefully some players will get 100% match fit and step up to the plate.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester City - Match Thrrad