News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let's crack on!

Author Topic: Let's crack on!  (Read 4450 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Let's crack on!
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:36 PM »

Still looking rather sluggish. Great to have Hancock back, huge player for our interplay.

JJ, even from the title winning year, is more effective on the left. Awful at set pieces, that's only 3 seasons he has been taking dead balls. They are terrible.

Andy White was dog turd tonight. We are more of a threat with Dens,whether that is at the cost of White or Hampson. Connor played well tonight.

Still miss that centre mid. More solid with Richman playing and Moult is defo missed.

Arnold for me is non existent, we so badly need a Ceesay, Owens or Hemmings type player. Arnold won't be that player, he has Daniels written all over him. Too slow and no urgency about him.

We need to get fitter, more switched and get our full backs higher up the pitch. That may need Jake to come back as at the moment we are conceding awful goals and maybe because no one is filling Jake's role?

Anyhow we have scrapped it and can build on the win.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Let's crack on!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:52:00 PM »

Agree with all of that. Just wondering whether putting Arnold as a 10 in a bid to get him in the game is an option and put Hancock on the left cutting in, because for much of the games I’ve seen him play he has been a passenger.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »

I don't think Arnold fits in with our type of play.

I notice Ceesay isn't in Blackpool's squad at the moment...

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »

It takes a few games for players to bed in. He didn't see that much of the ball last night

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:17:37 AM »

Still looking rather sluggish. Great to have Hancock back, huge player for our interplay.

JJ, even from the title winning year, is more effective on the left. Awful at set pieces, that's only 3 seasons he has been taking dead balls. They are terrible.

Andy White was dog turd tonight. We are more of a threat with Dens,whether that is at the cost of White or Hampson. Connor played well tonight.

Still miss that centre mid. More solid with Richman playing and Moult is defo missed.

Arnold for me is non existent, we so badly need a Ceesay, Owens or Hemmings type player. Arnold won't be that player, he has Daniels written all over him. Too slow and no urgency about him.

We need to get fitter, more switched and get our full backs higher up the pitch. That may need Jake to come back as at the moment we are conceding awful goals and maybe because no one is filling Jake's role?

Anyhow we have scrapped it and can build on the win.

JJ had just been decided as MotM when he took one of his poor corners. The chaps shouted, "Can we change our minds?" Hampson nearly got it instead.

Apart from one beautifully timed run that was wrongly called offside, I thought Arnold looked poor and off the pace.

Hulme needs to score even a flukey goal to get his confidence up. As well as he playsd he looked uncertain in the box.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »

Pleased to get the first win on the board but defensively we don't look as solid as we know we can be. I don't doubt Drench's ability and his distribution is generally good but he doesn't come out for crosses the way TT would and the defenders need to learn that. Too many times last night a high ball across the box wasn't cleared or gathered. We need to start keeping clean sheets again.

We'll look a better side when Moult is back - we've missed him protecting the back four and breaking up opponents play. Agree with the comments about Nathan Arnold, I'll always support and encourage the players but I'm not sure he's a long term option for us.

Paul

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:33:53 PM »

These comments sounds very negative considering what i thought was a good win against a tricky and very different side, sure we arent world beaters yet but JJ, Hulme et al played well yesterday
Bernard Taylors barmy army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 12:36:30 PM »

These comments sounds very negative considering what i thought was a good win against a tricky and very different side, sure we arent world beaters yet but JJ, Hulme et al played well yesterday

I agree JJ did play well but his set pieces need addressing or him being taken of them.

Hulme did quality in the build up for the last goal.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:47 PM »

I'm sure PP must pi55 himself if he ever reads your critiques.

Would you tell andy white he was dog sh*t to his face??

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 02:24:42 PM »

I'm sure PP must pi55 himself if he ever reads your critiques.

Would you tell andy white he was dog sh*t to his face??

You obviously don't know me as I actually would. He was crap last night.

What are your thoughts of having a reliable keeper in net now?

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »

It's great we have two competent and very similar keepers competing for the position.
You could literally toss a coin to decide which one plays but it is important to have consistency.
I think given TT's heroics at the end of last season he is very unlucky to lose his place.
Drench has not kept a clean sheet and has let in goals that had TT been the keeper you would have said should have been saved but the keeper did not come for the cross or was slow to get down to it....Drench has had quite a few heart in mouth moments with inconsistent distribution that no-one seems to have a problem with which seems to me hypocritical as the ball only has to head towards TT and the crowd are going "oh sh*t no....get rid...oh my god what's he doing...."
Drench has won nothing for us and won nothing with BPA
TT has won a title and got us to a play off semi...in 2 seasons I can think of about 3 goals directly down to him....brackley...one at abbey hey in the cup and bpa in a friendly...countless games he won us with vital amazing saves.

Two very competent keepers.....neither up to the standard of Stuart Coburn (say) but few are.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »

It's great we have two competent and very similar keepers competing for the position.
You could literally toss a coin to decide which one plays but it is important to have consistency.
I think given TT's heroics at the end of last season he is very unlucky to lose his place.
Drench has not kept a clean sheet and has let in goals that had TT been the keeper you would have said should have been saved but the keeper did not come for the cross or was slow to get down to it....Drench has had quite a few heart in mouth moments with inconsistent distribution that no-one seems to have a problem with which seems to me hypocritical as the ball only has to head towards TT and the crowd are going "oh sh*t no....get rid...oh my god what's he doing...."
Drench has won nothing for us and won nothing with BPA
TT has won a title and got us to a play off semi...in 2 seasons I can think of about 3 goals directly down to him....brackley...one at abbey hey in the cup and bpa in a friendly...countless games he won us with vital amazing saves.

Two very competent keepers.....neither up to the standard of Stuart Coburn (say) but few are.

Fair enough.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let's crack on!