News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley - Match Thread

Author Topic: Brackley - Match Thread  (Read 4372 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Brackley - Match Thread
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »

Brackley 5/4
Draw 5/2
Alty 8/5

Here’s hoping for another three points, always tough opponents Brackley but we do have a decent record at their place.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:15:03 AM »

First league game I cannot make, other commitments later today. Good Luck to Phil, the players and all travelling support. lets bring the 3 points home.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »

I love JJ, I would play him every week but PP needs to get him away from all set pieces.

Didn't go today but in the games I have seen this season our full backs aren't bobbing on as much? That is when we are at our most dangerous.

Sounded like Drench played well again.

We are really missing Jake and I think Hemmings and Hancock will need 3 or 4 games to get match sharp.

Tough place to go and they sounded like they deserved the 3 points.

Onwards and upwards.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:32:46 PM »

I won't try and polish the turd that was our performance today. We were extremely poor. Williams ran his socks off, Drench made a couple of decent saves, Hemmings started brightly and faded. The introduction of Harrop improved things marginally.

Branson was shocking and barely contributed anything of value. Hulme held the ball up nicely at times, but the flair of last season is still absent. JJ made too many poor decisions in possession - he's got to vary his penalty technique, they knew exactly where it was going.

Hannigan was lucky not to get a second yellow half an hour in - the ref wasn't bad, but his assistant on the side opposite the stand misdirected him twice.

Brackley didn't punish our slackness - York would have scored 5 or 6 today.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »

All very accurate. I can't recall the Hannigan incident but that might be down to my lack of alertness or memory rather than anything incorrect in OFITG's report.
Brackley didn't particularly have a lot of flair, but seemed very well organised.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »

Obvs I don’t get to lots of games but overall I didn’t think there was an awful lot wrong with us today, that was two decent teams largely cancelling each other out. Their goal was a shot from distance that went in off the post and we had a few like that which were saved or flew over. These things happen.
The downside is that we don’t move it fast enough, we are a streaky side for a reason - when everyone is on it we play fast and trust everyone to be where they should be, today way too many touches and getting their heads up and looking for the pass, well against a ‘two banks of four team’ that won’t work

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 01:06:42 AM »

I thought we were poor today, very slow in moving the ball.  Central defence was still top notch though.

First time I've disagreed with Phil in the interview.  i don't think they defended deep, there was space behind them and we never tried to use it.  We rarely tested the keeper because we just kept passing it sideways or backwards in front of them until we lost it.  We didn't mix it up at all so they knew what we were going to do. 

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 08:48:34 AM »

I wasn't there - Brackley is just that bit too far & too awkward for this independent traveller. However, before anyone gets the wind up too much, may I point out that our record after five games last season was won 1, drawn 2, lost 2, points 5, just as it is now, and we didn't finish up too badly at season's end? Let the management manage!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 09:39:54 AM »

As I stated earlier in the thread, I couldn't make the game. So won't comment on it from that perspective. However I did listen on RR. Even when you're not quite at it, as today sounds, you need to nick something from the game (similar to Spurs v Man City yesterday). So when we got a penalty, we need to stick it away. Then you get something from the game, even if you don't really deserve it. That's football.

We've had a disjointed start to the season and far from ideal. Hope we get over it soon and season fully up and running and less stuttering along.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »

It's not an excuse as from what I've heard on RR, we're clearly not playing well but we've had some terrible luck this season. From suspensions, injuries, poor match officials and missed penalties. We could easily have had 10 points from the 5 games but we have only 5. It's not anything like panic stations as the quality is clearly there. I really believe that someone is going to get a hammering from us very soon and that will kick start our season.

It's worth noting as well that we've played York, Chester and Brackley in the 5 games (2 away) teams you'd expect to be right up there with us.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 01:49:04 PM by Alty Bri »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley - Match Thread