PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lewis Chalmers  (Read 12740 times)

Railway Alty

Lewis Chalmers
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:30:58 AM »

Well here is one for you all to chew on. After chatting to a relative of Lewis, i have been told that he may well be signing for Gretna! Wouldnt expect him to give me any B**l S**t.

Altysmiffy

Re: Lewis Chalmers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »

Well, at least he would improve the quality of Scottish football!!!

Would be a shame to see him go and if he makes the grade then good luck to him. However, as good as he is, can you really see him coming up to the mark v Rangers or Celtic?

DarrenH

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »

Following on from previous threads surely he would be better served establishing himself with another season in the conference then moving on to a dvision 2 or 3 side rather than move upto Gretna.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »

Although Gretna do not have the largest squad, I cannot see Lewis being any more than a squad player or even a reserve at SPL level. I can't help but agree with Darren as he will need first team football to truly develop.

The backing he will get at Alty - GH, Dalton, experienced players will educate him. The only question about him remaining at Alty is if he wants to go full time. That move did improve Ian Craney's game - but I would like to think Lewis would have a better taste in clubs.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 12:25:34 PM »

Are you sure he's not just nipping up there for a shotgun marriage with a young girl?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »

Well here is one for you all to chew on. After chatting to a relative of Lewis, i have been told that he may well be signing for Gretna! Wouldnt expect him to give me any B**l S**t.

sounds like we will get to see him on setanta anyway

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »

Oh for Gods sake, not another I spoke to someone who knows Lewis Chalmers and he's on his way to Stevenage/Morecambe/Gretna/Barnet/Bury/Stockport thread. ::)

I wish these people who've never really known a decent footballer before and are now hanging onto him would stop piling into the lads head and let him just get on with it.

Why doesn't GH offer him a contract etc etc  ::)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »

Have to say that though i like Lewis Chalmers, I can't see what the big fuss is about.

How close would he get to an all time Alty XI? How much would we really miss him if he went? We'd miss his long throws and good heading ability and he's a steady improving quality conference player...but that's it....not the class of Craney or dawes.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 07:27:48 PM »

The potential is all there. 

Don't believe the Gretna thing though...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

The Gretna thing makes perfect sense to me, especially if lewis has got himself an agent. Scottish clubs DO NOT have to pay any compensation to clubs if they take their players that are under 23, unlike the rule between two english clubs.Hibs did this with Clayton Donladson, its a loophole in the ruling that is yet to be closed,and the jock clubs know that they can take a chance on these kids and if they turn out to be a star the great, if they turn out to be a flop,its cost them nothing.Any football agent/advisor worth his/her salt knows this,and yuo will see more and more young english talent head north of the border until such time the rule is changed, so I would pour scorn on this rumour just yet.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »

Have to say that though i like Lewis Chalmers, I can't see what the big fuss is about.

How close would he get to an all time Alty XI? How much would we really miss him if he went? We'd miss his long throws and good heading ability and he's a steady improving quality conference player...but that's it....not the class of Craney or dawes.

with the exception of colin little no alty outfield players are in craney or dawes leauge doesn't mean to say they would'nt be missed

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »

The Gretna thing makes perfect sense to me, especially if lewis has got himself an agent. Scottish clubs DO NOT have to pay any compensation to clubs if they take their players that are under 23, unlike the rule between two english clubs.Hibs did this with Clayton Donladson, its a loophole in the ruling that is yet to be closed,and the jock clubs know that they can take a chance on these kids and if they turn out to be a star the great, if they turn out to be a flop,its cost them nothing.Any football agent/advisor worth his/her salt knows this,and yuo will see more and more young english talent head north of the border until such time the rule is changed, so I would pour scorn on this rumour just yet.

so I would not pour scorn on this rumour just yet.
[/quote]

A fair point Hughesy and Dundee United are at it as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/6235340.stm

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:52:04 PM »

I believe the rule is under 23's in scotland so the rule means we would get some comp if he went to gretna

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 12:28:19 AM »

still don't beleive the Gretna thing! ::)

crewe pete

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »

on official website lewis has left for alershot bit suprising with his choice
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers