PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chester match thread  (Read 12082 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester match thread
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »

It was a poor start, but we got better and better as the game went on, with Chester trying to waste time to force a replay towards the end.

I feel very confident about that replay now, which I certainly didn't about the original game, so well done to the team. Hopefully, there won't be so much injury time in the replay, and Chester might even choose to name a substitute goalkeeper rather than delay the game while they fix up Griffiths.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today at the game, good result and spirit and unlucky not to win the game. Ref I assume did not see the handball, but we all did. Blatant that was, but cleverly disguised by the player who was shielding the ref's view. I feel the liner should have spotted it though.

Came back from 1-0 down to draw a game against odd circumstances. Not sure what the reffing rule is for players off the pitch for so long. All in all deserved the draw, lets see what happens at our place. Enjoyable day today, happy with both result and performance. Well done to the lads, played with heart today and we well outsang the Chester fans.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2019, 07:02:14 AM »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »

Lovely goal for us off those highlights but maybe Alty TV could give Chester a few pointers about recording match footage. Not a patch on ours.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 09:15:15 AM »

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today at the game, good result and spirit and unlucky not to win the game. Ref I assume did not see the handball, but we all did. Blatant that was, but cleverly disguised by the player who was shielding the ref's view. I feel the liner should have spotted it though.

Came back from 1-0 down to draw a game against odd circumstances. Not sure what the reffing rule is for players off the pitch for so long. All in all deserved the draw, lets see what happens at our place. Enjoyable day today, happy with both result and performance. Well done to the lads, played with heart today and we well outsang the Chester fans.
The ref saw it he said it hit his chest. The Assistant Ref couldn't have given it from where he was positioned. In my opinion the ref bottled the decision.
They really should be beating teams like us

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »

The penalty was a very close call. I can understand him not giving it if he wasn't 100% sure. I actually thought the officials were the best I've seen this season.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »

Maybe we need VAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SBL

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2019, 08:51:27 AM »

The ref saw it he said it hit his chest. The Assistant Ref couldn't have given it from where he was positioned. In my opinion the ref bottled the decision.

We'd have missed it anyway.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester match thread