PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away kit?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New away kit?  (Read 13025 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New away kit?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »

Ian, what level of in put did the players in? Or did they just not hate the kit?

With all due respect to the players, they're paid money to play in it, I don't think they genuinely care that much about it. It's essentially a uniform.
It's all my fault.

roytonmike

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »

Just as a matter of clarification - is the grey kit a change strip (only to be used if there is a colour clash with our normal red & white) or is it meant to be the norm for away matches?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 03:35:08 PM »

I voted for it when given the chance and I still like it now. Fair enough if some people don't like it, it's a simple matter of taste at the end of the day. I have to say, though, if we were in the top 5 and playing better I don't think we would be having long threads about people disliking a kit. I don't give a sh*t what they wear as long as the players start performing better on the pitch.
Come on Alty!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »

I voted for it when given the chance and I still like it now. Fair enough if some people don't like it, it's a simple matter of taste at the end of the day. I have to say, though, if we were in the top 5 and playing better I don't think we would be having long threads about people disliking a kit. I don't give a sh*t what they wear as long as the players start performing better on the pitch.

I honestly feel it affects our performances.

I am not making any excuses for the dire away displays and poor form of the players but there is a genuine reason United only wore grey once.

I spoke with a non league manager last week and he said why have they gone for grey. Hard colour to play in,  floodlights, colour of most stands/concrete etc. He chose a bright away kit this year.

To repeat again, the purple kit was great for us. Stood out for quick passes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 07:16:17 PM »

I think something gone wrong off the pitch. I don't think it's kit or the directors but something in that changing room.

The team spirit is dire our there.
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »

I think something gone wrong off the pitch. I don't think it's kit or the directors but something in that changing room.

It's very worrying mate, that's for sure. I hope we turn the corner and soon.
Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 10:10:43 PM »

This kit chat is irrelevant. This gets to the heart of the matter for me. The same players that got within a penalty shoot out of the play off final 4 months ago have turned out some absolute dross so far this season. Mentality and attitude has to come into it.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »

This kit chat is irrelevant.....
So too is my snickers

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 07:29:42 AM »

It's difficult to pinpoint precisely where we've gone wrong: a bit of bad luck early doors affecting confidence; teams wizing up to our style of play; a thinner squad in the absence of influential team players like Harrison and Poole; poor summer recruitment; injuries and suspensions; even the crappy kit (our away form is coincidentally abysmal). Take your pick, but something is wrong. Of course, win at Chester and it could kick start everything. We need to get as many people down to Chester as possible on Saturday to ensure this happens.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 09:35:34 AM »

If there had been a "none of the above" option, I'd definitely have voted for it. The purple was the best away kit we've ever had in my opinion.

I have to say that I found it difficult to pick out JJ on the far side of the pitch on Saturday, and also to distinguish his movement accurately. There's definitely an argument against this kit, but, as others have said, the problems appear to run far deeper than that.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

I'll throw something into the mix:

Why did we wait until June before making the important decision that Jake Moult needed an operation? It resulted in us losing our Captain for the first month of the season and disrupted the team hugely. If the decision had been taken right at the end of the season and he'd had the procedure sooner, I believe it would have hurt us a lot less than it actually has done.

It won't be the only reason but it can't have helped.
Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »

Was the decision made in June?

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure the decision was made and plans were set in motion well before the news was broken by the club, but please don't quote me on that one.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure the decision was made and plans were set in motion well before the news was broken by the club, but please don't quote me on that one.

This is an interesting point. The news article published on our official website on 30th June gives the impression that the decision had not long been made, but that is not necessarily the case as you stated above. 
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »

For those that follow such things, I notice the new Football Manager 20 has just been released, altys away kit is purple
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away kit?