PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away kit?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New away kit?  (Read 13024 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New away kit?
« on: September 14, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »

Get rid of this grey away kit.

Maybe clutching at straws but when I first saw us in it at Chester there was a pass out wide in the first half and I was wondering who the player had passed it to because the receiving player had blended into the crowd.

Sometimes you need to pass a ball using the corner of your eye or in a blink second. The purple kit would have been perfect for this.

We have also been toothless and clueless away from home this season.

Away from home we need to play wingers on their strongest side to get around the full backs on the outside. We can get away with them cutting in at home but our strength away is on the outside with the support of fullbacks but we still attempt to go on the inside.

Need to sort the kit and away form out.

dunhamalty

Re: New away kit?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 04:37:52 PM »

Need to sort recruitment out, that’s our main issue.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 04:39:15 PM »

[/quote

That's true

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »

Yeah I must admit, apart from the loan players we are no better than last year, if not weaker than last year.

Just feel the league is a better standard and a lot of our players haven't improved.

Both fullbacks have been poor all season.

Desperately need that centre midfielder.

Worryingly we will need to rely so much on Ceesay because he can make us from an average team to a playoff team.

dunhamalty

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »

We aren’t any better than our championship winning season.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

We aren’t any better than our championship winning season.

Also very true. Needs addressing very quickly or even the playoffs will run away from us.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 05:06:12 PM »

I have to agree, regardless of how well things are or aren't going on the pitch, that kit is horrible. We should play in red and white whenever we can.

dunhamalty

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »

I have to agree, regardless of how well things are or aren't going on the pitch, that kit is horrible. We should play in red and white whenever we can.

I completely agree with this but I don’t think it’s our main issue at the moment.

We got lucky getting a penny back from Branson, he came with a reputation but looked terrible.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »

I think the sale of Branston leaves us a player short. We usually operate on a one-in, one-out basis, so I'd expect to see a new midfielder arrive shortly. We don't appear to have anyone on the bench who can come on and change a game. With the best will in the world, neither Peers nor Harrop are going to do this.
Forgot to say, ditch that kit - it's poo.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 06:09:08 PM by Alty Bri »

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »

That was bloody awful again today! So so poor from the off...we did absolutely nothing in front of goal. We are far too nice to teams too! Sometimes you need to play dirty! No excuses today that was terrible. I only remember one shot on target from hemmings..other than that the keeper had sod all to do. We gave them far too much time on the ball and barely closed them down around the penalty box leading to several chances and of course goals

Changes needed and new players! We need a striker in ASAP. Hulme is good but we rely on him too much. 3/4 decent players short here!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »

I think the sale of Branston leaves us a player short. We usually operate on a one-in, one-out basis, so I'd expect to see a new midfielder arrive shortly. We don't appear to have anyone on the bench who can come on and change a game. With the best will in the world, neither Peers nor Harrop are going to do this.
Forgot to say, ditch that kit - it's poo.

The kit is a crime against humanity, and I wouldn't be seen dead in a ditch wearing that shirt. But the team were beyond awful this afternoon, and for the third time this season I was angered by their performance away from home. I will not be travelling again until things improve considerably.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 10:16:28 PM »

Good evening everyone, those criticising the kit, please understandt the player’s played a part in design, and supporters chose the design from options listed. Also, sales through the club shop have bettered any other replica away kit options during my time as kit supplier. Also,  I’m happy to respond to any issues direct to you, the supporters.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 10:33:03 PM »

No one has slated the officials yet. Surely it was their fault
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »

No one has slated the officials yet. Surely it was their fault

The referee was no worse than 98% of those we've had this season. Butterfield should have had a second yellow for sure. But if we'd had the best referee in the world, we'd still have lost, because we were simply dreadful.

Take the time to read John Laidlar's match report - as usual, he is 100% correct.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:59:36 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »

Good evening everyone, those criticising the kit, please understandt the player’s played a part in design, and supporters chose the design from options listed. Also, sales through the club shop have bettered any other replica away kit options during my time as kit supplier. Also,  I’m happy to respond to any issues direct to you, the supporters.

I guess you either like it, or you don't. I personally won't be buying it as it's utter crap. What was wrong with the lovely purple kit?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New away kit?