PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Replay Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chester Replay Match Thread  (Read 11247 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Replay Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 10:20:33 PM »

Brilliant result and game !! Has anyone been ejected from the ground yet ?  ???
Come on you red and white........

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »

Great hard working performance by Alty with in the end a deserved win. Thought Chester looked quite dangerous in the 1st half but in the 2nd they had the disallowed goal and really not much else, whilst we could quite easily had got 3 or 4 with all the chances we had.

As for what happened at half time, the stewards did what they could, but ultimately if a set of away fans decide they are going to jump the barriers, I really wouldn't expect the stewards to be putting themselves at risk. The behaviour of some Alty fans didn't help in goading them and of course 99% of them ran away at the first sign of trouble. However it was of course totally that group of Chester fans who were to blame. First time I've ever seen away fans do that.

It would be interesting to know why police weren't asked to be present for the 2nd half, though limited resources may have played  a part there, but certainly I find it strange why police weren't requested to be outside the ground at the end of the game. It was so obvious it was going to kick off and police didn't take long to arrive after there had been fighting, but a few police outside the ground would almost certainly had prevented any trouble. The stewards did come outside the ground after it had calmed down but again I don't think anyone would expect them to put themselves at risk. It was just a very poor decision to not get the police there at the end of the match, if it was the case a decision had been made not to call them.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 10:37:35 PM »

That was another great performance.

Jones is a different player alongside Hannigan. Tom was immense tonight.

Moult without any doubt makes us more solid. I hammered him two seasons ago and he has stepped back up to the level we know he can play at.

Richman was everywhere again. JJ full of running but still needs to beat that first man on dead balls more often.

White was a different player on his favoured left side. For me we are a better team with Densmore playing. Considering he hasn't played all season he was also immense tonight. At one point Hannigan and Dens were the players driving up the field on a counter attack. There is no reason why PP shouldn't give Dens a run now and I would play White at LB over Hampson because he is quicker and attacks better.

Played to our strengths tonight with the wide players on their correct wings and full backs bombing on. We can afford to do that with Richman and Moult in there.

And finally Thompson continues to play well. Seems much more confident and better at decision making. Made up he is proving me wrong.

That was a top game of end to end. Spolit by a group of Chester supporters who are just scum. The should get fined for that behaviour.

I am still standing by that we should play in our red and white kit as much as possible.

Agree with all that and respect due for recognising Thommo's improved performances. Hugely enjoyable game, maybe lucky with their disallowed goal but we had enough chances to bury them, some top save by their 'keeper.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:39:30 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »

Great hard working performance by Alty with in the end a deserved win. Thought Chester looked quite dangerous in the 1st half but in the 2nd they had the disallowed goal and really not much else, whilst we could quite easily had got 3 or 4 with all the chances we had.

As for what happened at half time, the stewards did what they could, but ultimately if a set of away fans decide they are going to jump the barriers, I really wouldn't expect the stewards to be putting themselves at risk. The behaviour of some Alty fans didn't help in goading them and of course 99% of them ran away at the first sign of trouble. However it was of course totally that group of Chester fans who were to blame. First time I've ever seen away fans do that.

It would be interesting to know why police weren't asked to be present for the 2nd half, though limited resources may have played  a part there, but certainly I find it strange why police weren't requested to be outside the ground at the end of the game. It was so obvious it was going to kick off and police didn't take long to arrive after there had been fighting, but a few police outside the ground would almost certainly had prevented any trouble. The stewards did come outside the ground after it had calmed down but again I don't think anyone would expect them to put themselves at risk. It was just a very poor decision to not get the police there at the end of the match, if it was the case a decision had been made not to call them.
not a single person was ejected from the ground that I saw . We are not set up well enough to be prepared for trouble sadly also worth noting I have seen Chester do this a number of times over the years there is history
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:43:31 PM by alty.fc »
Come on you red and white........

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 10:43:23 PM »

Still not seen us lose!

Good cup game, should have scored 5. Bit perplexed how they're where they are in league.

Moult was my mom. Best game I've seen White have at lb.

Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 11:22:25 PM »

Well, that was a hard fought win - didn't have many nails left by the end of almost 7 mins injury time.The second half was real end to end cup football and it's just a shame there weren't a few more there to see it. Agree with all the comments above. Officials were good again and their keeper was class. Ash was yet again the best player on the pitch, but tbh everyone played well. Can't wait for Halesowen now.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 05:14:37 AM »

That was a fabulous result and performance last night. We really worked hard for the full 90 minutes and everyone deserves all the plaudits. Hopefully we can take that forward in to the league form, because if they are the second best side the division, the we are clearly on par or arguably better. Results dictate that, we should have beaten them three times in two months now. As for the other nonsense, this is from memory the third time in recent memory, fourth in long term memory that an element of the Chester support has acted up here. True to form a couple of adults marshalling a gang of impressionable kids. When the two sides meet again later this season we really must insist on a police presence at and around the fixture. Bugger the cost, stewards shouldn’t have to deal with that and parents with young children shouldn’t be faced with that. It was so glaringly obvious there would be a flash point after the game, the police should have been outside the ground for full time. It’s a very good job some of our more excitable supporters weren’t in attendance last night to walk in to that post match situation. Don’t want it to take away from the fabulous win, but we’ve got to get in to of this as it was so obvious what was going to happen. Just a couple of uniformed officers would have stopped the half time incidents and the pitch invasion. They come here and take the piss because they know they can usually act with impunity. We move on to Halesowen away in the next round which has no unknown factor to us after our recent spell in the evostick league. I believe they play a bit of football much like ourselves, which may suit us. An fa cup run, even to the first round can make the club far more money than any of the fundraisers so hopefully we can progress at Halesowen. The northern section of the draw is far tougher than the southern half so we must count our blessings for drawing one of the lowest ranked sides left in the draw, and fingers crossed they don’t move it to 12:30 for tv.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 06:47:01 AM »

Chester must think they'll never beat us again.

We definitely rode our luck at times, and whilst I don't think it was a vintage performance, hopefully it'll be the platform we need to build on to get us up the league a bit.

Sadly the quality of Ash, and the fact he can't get a game in the level above, shows us how far we need to push on if we're to be competititve again at National level.

I thought the pitch looked magnificent despite the wet day we'd had.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 07:57:51 AM »

Denmore looked quality and provided decent overlaps for Johnson
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »

The Halesowen match is in my diary now. Wasn't it the Halesowen match where Densmore was absolutely inspirational a couple of years ago? Play him again!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 08:27:21 AM »

I thought it was a good cup tie, end to end for the most part, some good defending with blocks which we've been lacking. Other than the disallowed goal I don't recall Thommo having to make a serious save.

We deserved the win and should have had quite a few more goals, that's where we need to learn to be more clinical.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »

I thought it was a good cup tie, end to end for the most part, some good defending with blocks which we've been lacking. Other than the disallowed goal I don't recall Thommo having to make a serious save.

We deserved the win and should have had quite a few more goals, that's where we need to learn to be more clinical.

There were a couple of bouncing balls across the goal that we lacked conviction on the end of, plus their keeper made a couple of smart saves - was expecting Willo to take the back of the net off at the end, but I guess he hit it too centrally.

We won't always be afforded the same luxury, as we saw against the likes of York for example.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 09:47:58 PM »

The Halesowen match is in my diary now. Wasn't it the Halesowen match where Densmore was absolutely inspirational a couple of years ago? Play him again!

It was....an immense first half performance from Dens.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »

I thought the first twenty or so he looked rusty (to be expected) but grew massively as the game went on.

He got stronger and stronger as others tired
It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:40 PM »

I thought the first twenty or so he looked rusty (to be expected) but grew massively as the game went on.

He got stronger and stronger as others tired

Jack.....my comment regarding Shaun Densmore was in response to Ian's question regarding the game at Halesowen on March 24th 2018.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Replay Match Thread