PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Guiseley Match Thread  (Read 15130 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 02:46:22 PM »

Anthony Thompson, Shaun Densmore, Andrew White, James Jones, Thomas Hannigan, Jake Moult (C), John Johnston, Sean Williams, Thomas Peers, Joshua Hancock, Ashley Hemmings.
Substitutes: Simon Richman, Jordan Hulme, Max Harrop, Toby Mullarkey, Lewis Archer.
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »

No squad depth. A guiseley team with CB's playing on the wings.

Way below standards again
It's all my fault.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 06:10:27 PM »

Sounded like a poor game and a poor performance matched by a poor commentary. Come on guys at least get the names of your own players right.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 06:54:03 PM »

i just cut and pasted from the match day on the official website
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 07:08:12 PM »

We got behind them enough times to have been out of sight before the non penalty decision, but some poor thinking and even poorer delivery led to no goal from open play.

Think their goal came from a back pass that hit white allowing their man to nip in.

Delighted Hancock took the pen, much firmer strike.
I
Yes it was a poor game but when all the opposition want is to hit the big men (of which they have plenty) up top, then sit in out of possession patience is key.

We definitely need a playmaker in midfield.
Full time and proud of it

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »

Reports circulating that Harrop and Jones were fighting In the tunnel after the game.

If that's true are the players futures at the club in doubt??

An awful game to match  an awful start to the season my patience is starting to ware thin now.

Seriously thinking of giving Southport a miss.

VofD

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »

Jones to Hannigan. Hannigan to Jones. Jones to Hannigan. Hannigan to Jones. ETC ETC ETC  Boring.

FFS try something different. >:(

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:04:31 PM by VofD »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 08:12:24 PM »

Harrop was incandescent at the end. I was level with it and didn't see a penalty. Maybe the ref was the same side as me and the linesman and also didn't see anything.

I thought it was a good effort by our lads on a narrow pitch but no one seems able to score. . They didn't deserve anything but if we are going to give away soft goals at the back we've got to be able to score. Our penalty was lucky really. There defender went for the ball and got Dens. If he'd backed off our cross would probably have been another chance spurned.

We are as good as them and they are still in a playoff position.

roytonmike

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 08:54:59 PM »

Harrop was incandescent at the end. I was level with it and didn't see a penalty. Maybe the ref was the same side as me and the linesman and also didn't see anything.
I thought it was a good effort by our lads on a narrow pitch but no one seems able to score. . They didn't deserve anything but if we are going to give away soft goals at the back we've got to be able to score. Our penalty was lucky really. There defender went for the ball and got Dens. If he'd backed off our cross would probably have been another chance spurned.
We are as good as them and they are still in a playoff position.
That makes two of us ...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2019, 01:27:06 AM »

Here's the Guiseley perspective (plus a video of Hancock's penalty):

https://guiseleyafc.co.uk/threadbare-lions-go-so-close/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2019, 06:55:48 AM »

The last ditch penalty shout was in the "I've seen them given" category for me, largely because it was two-footed and from behind. However, the ball was won and he wasn't "out of control". Another ref, another day....

I felt Harrop should have hit it first time to be quite honest. We simply don't have enough shots on goal these days - maybe we should have brought  on Lewis Archer on to see what he could do.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 11:47:06 AM by One Foot in the Grave »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »

Neil Sorvel should do his famous shoot drill. We had a period of not scoring enough last season and it's same this year.
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »

Neil Sorvel should do his famous shoot drill. We had a period of not scoring enough last season and it's same this year.

If the Halesowen gsme was anything to go by, I thought the delivery of the ball into the box was poor at times. We tended to overrun the ball and then attempt passes at the last second when there was too little space available. The corners and crosses into the box were, for the most part, predictable and easily dealt with. We've got some good players, they just need to execute better at times.
Come on Alty!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »

If the Halesowen gsme was anything to go by, I thought the delivery of the ball into the box was poor at times. We tended to overrun the ball and then attempt passes at the last second when there was too little space available. The corners and crosses into the box were, for the most part, predictable and easily dealt with. We've got some good players, they just need to execute better at times.

I agree re. Crosses. I don't see why when playing sides with CBs whose only ability is to head and punt the ball we cross high and overhit.

We'd be much better drilling it across the six yard box or pulling it backt to the penalty spot
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 10:25:44 AM »

I agree re. Crosses. I don't see why when playing sides with CBs whose only ability is to head and punt the ball we cross high and overhit.

We'd be much better drilling it across the six yard box or pulling it backt to the penalty spot

Agreed - which of course is exactly how Peers' goal came about.

To be honest that's why I always liked JJ playing on the left - he's so much stronger on his right that his only real option on his left is to go low / pull back - or cut in on his right and shoot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley Match Thread