News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Haringhey V Yeovil

Author Topic: Haringhey V Yeovil  (Read 4840 times)

Jezza

Haringhey V Yeovil
« on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »

There is a video of the incident on facebook...it's on the vanarama national page posted by a Yeo Glover.

It shows bottle throwing and face to face angry confrontations between the haringhey players and the Yeovil fans, the stewards actions and the ref's actions.

I think given the players reactions on both teams and their action it has to be accepted that something racist must have been said although the video does not show evidence of this nor is there any evidence of racist chanting or monkey noises.....

I think there are lessons for Alty to learn from this video...the whole situation carried and inflamed on due to

1) the fans not being moved back from the barrier
2) the ref allowing players to remain right in front of the Yeovil fans and continue arguing and shouting at each other...he should definetly have moved all the players away from the confrontation while things calmed down.
3) the ref inflamed the situation by pointing at one of the main Yeovil problem chaps by walking right up and pointing to him and shouting at the stewards to remove him....this was apparently done in retaliation to said Yeovil fan for shouting "get on with it ref you facking cant!"....he should have quietly pulled a steward over and had words in their ear.
4) Apart from a couple of Yeovil fans who appeared to help the stewards and explain who had done what there was very little self policing.

I would hope if such a confrontation happened at Alty/with Alty

1) the stewards would move the fans back away from the fence and onto the first terrace step
2) The Alty fans would self police, point out culprits and help the stewards
3) The Alty players/captain would come over as the Yeovil players did
4) If it was Alty players being abused walk away from the confrontation zone.
5) The ref would control the situation more.

It is tough for a small club like Haringhey to steward such situations, Yeovil are a club with a large fanbase and I'm sure they have run no to racism projects....so I don't think either team should be punished for the actions of a few idiots.....in such situations it is the bottle throwers and those guilty of racist abuse who should be punished and punished severely...I hear tweo people have been arrested for racist abuse......IMO

The game should be replayed under a kick it out theme to raise awareness and restore goodwill for both clubs....and the culprits severly punished?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Haringhey V Yeovil
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »

Well said. Can't disagree with any of that
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Haringhey V Yeovil