PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: York City - Match Thread  (Read 20698 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: York City - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »

even the 5:15 show had 3 clips - them hitting the bar, the pen and our goal.  Chat was all about York

Absolute rubbish from the BBC - I was prepared to accept minimalism while the game was live, but the later show was a disgrace. We've just punched above our weight, and ended a 19 match unbeaten run by an unarguably bigger club, yet more coverage is given to Gateshead and Chippenham who produced lesser results.

I now have a dilemma - I've missed all three away games in this cup run. If we're on our travels again in Round 2, do I stay away again on superstitious grounds ? Home draw please - Chichester or Kingstonian please !

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 08:21:03 PM »

even the 5:15 show had 3 clips - them hitting the bar, the pen and our goal.  Chat was all about York

Absolute rubbish from the BBC - I was prepared to accept minimalism while the game was live, but the later show was a disgrace. We've just punched above our weight, and ended a 19 match unbeaten run by an unarguably bigger club, yet more coverage is given to Gateshead and Chippenham who produced lesser results.

I now have a dilemma - I've missed all three away games in this cup run. If we're on our travels again in Round 2, do I stay away again on superstitious grounds ? Home draw please - Chichester or Kingstonian please !

To be fair to the BBC, they're not exactly on the same level as Alty TV ;).
Seriously though, and from a journalistic angle, their early round coverage is all about giant killing - non-league team beats league team - so an all National League North tie is lower in their agenda. A good draw next round and they'll be all over us. At the end of the day they gave us £12K+(https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/york-city-v-altrincham-selected-for-bbc-emirates-f-a-cup-live-highlights-programme) for that so that's about £4K a clip!!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »

even the 5:15 show had 3 clips - them hitting the bar, the pen and our goal.  Chat was all about York

To be fair to the BBC, they're not exactly on the same level as Alty TV ;).
Seriously though, and from a journalistic angle, their early round coverage is all about giant killing - non-league team beats league team - so an all National League North tie is lower in their agenda. A good draw next round and they'll be all over us. At the end of the day they gave us £12K+(https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/york-city-v-altrincham-selected-for-bbc-emirates-f-a-cup-live-highlights-programme) for that so that's about £4K a clip!!
t

At 4K a clip - have you priced up your match coverage mark 😂

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 10:47:43 PM »

These highlights are better than those on MotD https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/video

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 07:34:25 AM »

Cheers JD
Harold

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_rFekO8Go

From the York end. 8 minutes and 5 seconds in. Surely the worst penalty decision for a long time.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2019, 01:43:35 PM »

It looks to me like Tony had a rush of blood. His body language said he knew it was a penalty. Good save though but he shouldn't have given the ref the opportunity to make the decision.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_rFekO8Go

From the York end. 8 minutes and 5 seconds in. Surely the worst penalty decision for a long time.

Surely the most blatant of dives

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »

Didn’t look a penalty live, didn’t look a penalty on tv, didn’t look a penalty on fan footage from our end and now from their end.
I’m pretty satisfied it wasn’t a penalty

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »

Having watched all the footage there is (Full Time Robins by far the best), softest pen ever, what a ball from Moult to Hulme for the goal.

Definitely need songs for Jones and Hannigan and what a very young fan base we have.

Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 07:55:52 PM »

Didn’t look a penalty live, didn’t look a penalty on tv, didn’t look a penalty on fan footage from our end and now from their end.
I’m pretty satisfied it wasn’t a penalty

I still can't tell if Tony's left hand clips his ankle

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2019, 11:50:32 PM »

Blatant dive for pen and got its just deserts in Thommo save. Best team on the day won.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:22 PM »

Thommo told Neil Sorvell he caught him. End of story, it's a pen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City - Match Thread