PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC announcement - Grahame Rowley to step down as Chairman
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Altrincham FC announcement - Grahame Rowley to step down as Chairman  (Read 8000 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham FC announcement - Grahame Rowley to step down as Chairman
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »

only just picked up on this..I agree with most of the comments above.

Couple of thoughts...its a tough job being any non-league chairman...limited budgets, high degree of local public exposure, expectations that are understandable very high, but also very hard to achieve on those budgets. And attracting investment is tough, because in truth non-league football isn't a great investment in the traditional sense so you are looking for people investing into a subset of the local community rather than investing to make the more normal financial returns.

Also, better the devil you know. Sure he made mistakes (few people in that job wouldn't), but lets see who we get to replace him. Look what happened to Macc, Vics to namer but 2.

I'm afraid you've managed to produce the perfect filter on the story
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »

only just picked up on this..I agree with most of the comments above.

Couple of thoughts...its a tough job being any non-league chairman...limited budgets, high degree of local public exposure, expectations that are understandable very high, but also very hard to achieve on those budgets. And attracting investment is tough, because in truth non-league football isn't a great investment in the traditional sense so you are looking for people investing into a subset of the local community rather than investing to make the more normal financial returns.

Also, better the devil you know. Sure he made mistakes (few people in that job wouldn't), but lets see who we get to replace him. Look what happened to Macc, Vics to namer but 2.

I'm afraid you've managed to produce the perfect filter on the story

And that filter is clogged, and not fit for purpose.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »

I wish GR all the best in his new position at the club . Change is the one thing that never changes and he has done a huge stint . If I was to summarise I feel that from a  community and stability perspective he has done amazing things . Look at the baron spell of home games with no revenue . That could have pushed some clubs over the edge . I think the biggest thing he has struggled with is public relations and that has been a shame to see . Any way a new era beckons interested to see who is next
Come on you red and white........

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »

I wish GR all the best in his new position at the club . Change is the one thing that never changes and he has done a huge stint . If I was to summarise I feel that from a  community and stability perspective he has done amazing things . Look at the baron spell of home games with no revenue . That could have pushed some clubs over the edge . I think the biggest thing he has struggled with is public relations and that has been a shame to see . Any way a new era beckons interested to see who is next
True there haven’t been many home games but there have been multiple away cup games where (a) the gate revenue is split (b) we’ve won them all so we’ve earned prize money and (c) the crowds have probably been higher they would have been for corresponding home games.
Apart from that, not sure there’s much to be gained from raking up old arguments again.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC announcement - Grahame Rowley to step down as Chairman