PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 16872 times)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »

I always thought that match expenses for the host team was taken out first from the gate receipts then the remainder of the pot was shared 1/3 (home team, away team and the FA) maybe its different now?

Guess there will be TV rights as well.

SBL

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »

Fantastic! Is this our biggest single game since Tottenham away in ‘95?

Let’s hope tv don’t muck it up too much! Looking forward to it.

We played at Preston a year or two after the last Spurs game, which is a similar draw to this one. Millwall at home also arguably a bigger occasion? But it's a corker definitely.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

I always thought that match expenses for the host team was taken out first from the gate receipts then the remainder of the pot was shared 1/3 (home team, away team and the FA) maybe its different now?

SBL

Think it’s a 50/50 split (minus expenses) up to the 3rd round and thereafter for non- league clubs. This is a good explanation:
http://financialfootballnews.com/fa-cup-prize-money-much-can-club-get/
It was published in Jan ‘18 so the prize money and TV money have changed but think gate receipts rules are still valid

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »

Would have liked Kingstonians at home, but a better tie than Harrogate away I suppose.....Wonder if distance-wise we are entitled to an overnight stay ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »

Would have liked Kingstonians at home, but a better tie than Harrogate away I suppose.....Wonder if distance-wise we are entitled to an overnight stay ?

The players stayed overnight this weekend so I'd fully expect us to do so again. They deserve to, all about the experience for them as much as us. Buzzing for them.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 12:26:04 PM »

Their forum is already dismissive of us, eg "should be a turkey shoot". However, Portsmouth are rather underachieving this season, and are in the lower half of League 1. Prior to putting 4 past Southend in their most recent league outing (and there IS a turkey shoot !) they'd only scored 16 goals in 14 games. We're perfectly capable of earning a replay. I hear the sound of ringing cash registers.....

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »

Agree with above.
Watched them last night and aside from the 2 great goals they weren't great. One of the cbs looked dreadful.

I'm not writing this tie off
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »

I've written us off in 3 of the previous 4 rounds and will continue to do so! Let's face it, our best chance is them underestimating us, resting key players or having a player or two sent off. It's very unlikely but yes, shocks do happen.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »

There are only four better ties for us than this:

Maldon and Tiptree (H)
Chichester (H)
Sunderland (A)
Boston (H)

If we're going to go out, I'd rather do it away at Pompey than stood on a terrace at League 2 Salford or Port Value so I can be home for tea.

They're FA Cup Winners, have played European football. Even I'm not being negative about this one.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »

The players stayed overnight this weekend so I'd fully expect us to do so again. They deserve to, all about the experience for them as much as us. Buzzing for them.

Agree.......but I thought there was a distance for an away tie where the hotel bill tab was picked up by the gate money before the split between the two clubs
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 01:21:25 PM »

Their forum is already dismissive of us, eg "should be a turkey shoot". However, Portsmouth are rather underachieving this season, and are in the lower half of League 1. Prior to putting 4 past Southend in their most recent league outing (and there IS a turkey shoot !) they'd only scored 16 goals in 14 games. We're perfectly capable of earning a replay. I hear the sound of ringing cash registers.....
As a Pompey season ticket holder I agree 100% with this.
Pompey are not playing well this season. They lost their best two centre backs - one to long term injury, one to a premier league team - and are struggling in defence. Another CB went off injured last night and so did Tom Naylor who has been the best player in the team and captain. The reports are that they won't be out for long but if Naylor doesn't play it would be good for Alty.
They have struggled to break down teams who are solid and well-organised at the back and have been vulnerable to teams who can break quickly. Could suit Alty.

On the other hand don't expect Pompey's management to underestimate Alty. There is a lot of unrealistic expectation about everything on the fan forums. I wouldn't take much notice of anything said there.

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »

Agree.......but I thought there was a distance for an away tie where the hotel bill tab was picked up by the gate money before the split between the two clubs

Ah I see, interesting question!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 02:07:51 PM »

FA rules state you'd need to set off before 8am to get to the ground 90 minutes before kick off, allowing a 45 minute stop along the way.

So whether we play Saturday at 3 or Sunday at 12.45 could be a factor.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »

When are the TV games announced?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »

SBL

Think it’s a 50/50 split (minus expenses) up to the 3rd round and thereafter for non- league clubs. This is a good explanation:
http://financialfootballnews.com/fa-cup-prize-money-much-can-club-get/
It was published in Jan ‘18 so the prize money and TV money have changed but think gate receipts rules are still valid

Hi Mark,.. see my post below, the FA take 10% of gate receipts for all games and the remainder is split after (certain specified) expenses. So its effectively 45% to each club less expenses, which for a big club like Pompey will be quite high, travelling, officials, stewards etc
We could realistically get 75K or more from a 10,000 gate. As Pete said, if they went cheap and got 17,000 fans to come and watch the "turkey shoot" (last home game was about that) we might get even more money, plus TV money which for a live game is 75K per club.
This could transform our finances,..  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:05:34 PM by PukkaPieman »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw