PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 16541 times)

andrewflynn

Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »

Their forum is already dismissive of us, eg "should be a turkey shoot". However, Portsmouth are rather underachieving this season, and are in the lower half of League 1. Prior to putting 4 past Southend in their most recent league outing (and there IS a turkey shoot !) they'd only scored 16 goals in 14 games. We're perfectly capable of earning a replay. I hear the sound of ringing cash registers.....
As a Pompey season ticket holder I agree 100% with this.
Pompey are not playing well this season. They lost their best two centre backs - one to long term injury, one to a premier league team - and are struggling in defence. Another CB went off injured last night and so did Tom Naylor who has been the best player in the team and captain. The reports are that they won't be out for long but if Naylor doesn't play it would be good for Alty.
They have struggled to break down teams who are solid and well-organised at the back and have been vulnerable to teams who can break quickly. Could suit Alty.

On the other hand don't expect Pompey's management to underestimate Alty. There is a lot of unrealistic expectation about everything on the fan forums. I wouldn't take much notice of anything said there.

What's the mobile signal like at FP mate?

Would I be able to put tweets out (match day updates) from the away end, do you reckon?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »

When are the TV games announced?

I wouldn’t have thought before all the replays are done with which would be a week on Wednesday. There was a large number of draws in R1, something like 15 replays to take place including the likes of Bromley, Wrexham & Sunderland, all of whom would have a fair chance of being on the TV. I would still proceed if trying to do some planning on the basis that we will probably play at 1245 on the Sunday.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »

I wouldn’t have thought before all the replays are done with which would be a week on Wednesday. There was a large number of draws in R1, something like 15 replays to take place including the likes of Bromley, Wrexham & Sunderland, all of whom would have a fair chance of being on the TV. I would still proceed if trying to do some planning on the basis that we will probably play at 1245 on the Sunday.

Agreed  they will probably do one all league game and the rest non league v league ,4 games on tv i think.If  Bromley and Ipswich win their replays they will probably be on  in my opinion as will Maldon and Solihull .It wouldnt surprise if Salford were on also replay win permitting,Stourbridge /Eastleigh v Crewe also in with a shout
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:55:29 PM by Timperley The Best »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »

Agreed  they will probably do one all league game and the rest non league v league ,4 games on tv i think.If  Bromley and Ipswich win their replays they will probably be on  in my opinion as will Maldo n and Solihull

I reckon they may choose Bromley/Bristol Rovers regardless because you'll have either non league hosting league or a west country derby given Plymouth are the opponents.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »

I agree with all of that, and add for rail passengers that trains are not going down the faster route from London  via Guildford (this applies on Saturday, too). There are replacement buses, but the better bet is to take a train which goes a longer way round via Eastleigh. The route to the north and midlands via Reading is still open. Fratton station is very handy for the ground.

If anyone fancies making a longer weekend of it and coming back on Monday, the RMT have declared a strike on South Western Railway that day, along with nearly all of December!

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

Their forum is already dismissive of us, eg "should be a turkey shoot". However, Portsmouth are rather underachieving this season, and are in the lower half of League 1. Prior to putting 4 past Southend in their most recent league outing (and there IS a turkey shoot !) they'd only scored 16 goals in 14 games. We're perfectly capable of earning a replay. I hear the sound of ringing cash registers.....
As a Pompey season ticket holder I agree 100% with this.
Pompey are not playing well this season. They lost their best two centre backs - one to long term injury, one to a premier league team - and are struggling in defence. Another CB went off injured last night and so did Tom Naylor who has been the best player in the team and captain. The reports are that they won't be out for long but if Naylor doesn't play it would be good for Alty.
They have struggled to break down teams who are solid and well-organised at the back and have been vulnerable to teams who can break quickly. Could suit Alty.

On the other hand don't expect Pompey's management to underestimate Alty. There is a lot of unrealistic expectation about everything on the fan forums. I wouldn't take much notice of anything said there.

What's the mobile signal like at FP mate?

Would I be able to put tweets out (match day updates) from the away end, do you reckon?

I can usually connect but it can be slow. I don't tend to use twitter but I'm always trying to get live updates from the Alty website and I can generally do that. I'd expect it would be ok.
I think the coverage is ok but you have 20k people in a small area and most of them are using their phone in one way or another. There's probably limited bandwidth via the masts close to the ground. 

One of the floodlight pylons acted as a mobile mast and that has just been moved to the far side of the car park - floodlights are now mounted on the stands - so not sure if that has affected coverage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw