PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup  (Read 10217 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:32:38 PM »

Numbers will depend on the kick off time. Am I right saying it could be any of these...
1. Friday evening
2. Sat afternoon
3. Sunday lunchtime
4. Sunday late afternoon
5. Monday evening

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:36:36 PM »

Numbers will depend on the kick off time. Am I right saying it could be any of these...
1. Friday evening
2. Sat afternoon
3. Sunday lunchtime
4. Sunday late afternoon
5. Monday evening
I will maybe at a push be able to get to Friday evening or Sunday late afternoon . Struggling on the rest
Come on you red and white........

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »

Saturday afternoon would almost certainly count me out.

All others would be doable
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »

Sunday 12:45 options

1) supporters coaches
2) drive, a 7am departure on a Sunday morning plenty of time
3) national express coach from M.I.A at 00:45 arriving Pompey at 10:00 via a change in London (£20.90) coupled with the 17:22 train back from Fratton to Stockport via Southampton (£61.95)
4) national express coach from M.I.A at 00:45 to London Victoria coach station arriving 6am (£12) then 7:51 London Waterloo to Portsmouth arriving 10:13 (£15) coupled with the 17:22 fratton to Stockport via Southampton train (£61.95)
5) megabus coach from M.I.A at 03:25 to London Victoria arriving 08:30 (£7.40) then 8:54 London Waterloo to Portsmouth arriving 11:13 (£9) coupled with fratton to Stockport train mention above
6) either of the above options coupled with 18:35 Flybe flight from Southampton to Manchester arriving 19:40 (£80)
7) travel by train on Saturday use a hotel and return Sunday, can be done for under £80 using one of the many ticket splitting websites

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 09:57:41 AM »

8) Find someone with, or hire a diesel car. £60.00 in fuel + car hire

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »

There’s 15 GBG pubs of current or recent editions in Pompey though ;D

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »

Fair enough. I've got to the stage now where I have more or less convinced myself that there will always be more good pubs than I can find time to visit.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 05:42:59 PM »

If I can take a three day break in Norwich, and do 17 of the 25 GBG pubs in the 2019 edition before bussing it to Kings Lynn, it should be a doddle to clear that little lot. I used to be very partial to Gale's HSB, brewed nearby in Horndean, but Fuller's bought them out and closed the brewery. Vandals.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »

The GBG is unreliable in my opinion. I think it should be renamed the OK beer guide. Some of the entries turn out to be pubs with half a dozen average beers on.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »

If I can take a three day break in Norwich, and do 17 of the 25 GBG pubs in the 2019 edition before bussing it to Kings Lynn, it should be a doddle to clear that little lot. I used to be very partial to Gale's HSB, brewed nearby in Horndean, but Fuller's bought them out and closed the brewery. Vandals.
HSB was my regular drink when I lived along the coast in Sussex in the eighties. I didn't expect anyone else on here to remember it so fondly!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 08:10:07 PM »

Assuming no managerial changes, it will be the 2nd time Kenny Jacket has managed a league club against us in the FA Cup

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »

I am very reliably informed that near the ground for your real ale types (i.e. me and most of London Alty) is slim pickings. Southsea around the Common is apparently an excellent little circuit. Gunwharf Quays around the ferry terminal & your famed Fullers pub the Still & West for Saturday night out on the razzle. Hope the players get to have a bit of craic after the game too whatever the result-they all deserve it for an outstanding cup run.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 10:39:27 PM »

I am very reliably informed that near the ground for your real ale types (i.e. me and most of London Alty) is slim pickings. Southsea around the Common is apparently an excellent little circuit. Gunwharf Quays around the ferry terminal & your famed Fullers pub the Still & West for Saturday night out on the razzle. Hope the players get to have a bit of craic after the game too whatever the result-they all deserve it for an outstanding cup run.

Not too far away in the grid of streets between Fratton Stn and the Albert Rd in Southsea there are some very good backstreet pubs with decent ale selections and walkable from the ground. The Lawrence is excellent as is the Sir Loin of Beef which is a bit further away. Various others in the same area worth a visit. Sadly the once amazing Leopold is now a shadow of its former self. Pubs in Milton and the spoons in Fratton will be rammed with Pompey and are not generally a good idea for visiting fans. Gunwharf isn't great for pubs, just the Customs House, Fullers and expensive and a long way from Fratton Park. Good for restaurants though. A decent spoons next to Portsmouth and Southsea Stn but again a fair way off. Southsea Common ok but probably a cab ride.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:39 AM »

Not too far away in the grid of streets between Fratton Stn and the Albert Rd in Southsea there are some very good backstreet pubs with decent ale selections and walkable from the ground. The Lawrence is excellent as is the Sir Loin of Beef which is a bit further away. Various others in the same area worth a visit. Sadly the once amazing Leopold is now a shadow of its former self. Pubs in Milton and the spoons in Fratton will be rammed with Pompey and are not generally a good idea for visiting fans. Gunwharf isn't great for pubs, just the Customs House, Fullers and expensive and a long way from Fratton Park. Good for restaurants though. A decent spoons next to Portsmouth and Southsea Stn but again a fair way off. Southsea Common ok but probably a cab ride.
I was in the Sir Loin of Beef in August. It was friendly pub with an excellent range of beers in top condition which is probably why it has been removed from the Good Beer Guide for 2020.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup