PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup  (Read 9971 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »

Not selected for live game. So it's either 3-00pm Saturday or 12-45pm Sunday
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 01:09:42 PM »

It's going to be Sunday 12:45pm, in that case.

We're next in the queue of appealing ties, following all non league vs league possibilities, and then league v non league.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »

Think pompey appearing on bt in round 1 didnt help.Chichester is a bit of a surprise as they have even less of a chance of getting a result than us.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 01:16:54 PM »

Would could of course be chosen as the three pm Saturday live broadcast for the international audience like we were against Barnsley

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »

Can we charter a supporters plane?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 02:01:14 PM »

Can we charter a supporters plane?

Am I correct in saying the the team once flew to a Yeovil away game? I reckon it would have been circa. 1980.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »

The announcement of the Sunday afternoon fixtures was made on the Friday in the last round, your gather that would be the same this time

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »

Anyone been able to price up trains if we are on the Sunday? Leaving sat return after game Sunday?

arnald

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »

Anyone been able to price up trains if we are on the Sunday? Leaving sat return after game Sunday?
have a look on train line I've got a price of £120 but it depends on how early or late
You book ,I fink there are cheaper tickets

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

It's going to be Sunday 12:45pm, in that case.

We're next in the queue of appealing ties, following all non league vs league possibilities, and then league v non league.

Yes. Almost certain we will be Sunday at 1245 again.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 04:39:34 PM »

Is the fifth hants on Albert road so going spent many a pissed night there?

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »

If the match against Pompey a league club is anything to go by please do not expect any hospitality like away fans are afforded at Altrincham because you will be sadly disappointed.

A couple of years ago when Josh played for Telford we drew Bristol City in the FA Cup.

My wife and I + Josh's girlfriend turned up at Bristol's  supporters club for a drink and were turned away as no away fans were allowed in the premises, to be told there are a number of pubs down the road. We seemed 2nd class citizens!

Well 3 of those pubs had bouncers on the doors and did not welcome away fans. WTF were they expecting us to do? We were not allowed in!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually, we were let into a small back street boozer in Bristol  by the land lady who was a lovely person and we had a good time talking to some Bristol City fans.

Sadly league football is not like non league football where you can have a good old natter to opposing fans without wanting to punch them! SBL

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »

If the match against Pompey a league club is anything to go by please do not expect any hospitality like away fans are afforded at Altrincham because you will be sadly disappointed.

A couple of years ago when Josh played for Telford we drew Bristol City in the FA Cup.

My wife and I + Josh's girlfriend turned up at Bristol's  supporters club for a drink and were turned away as no away fans were allowed in the premises, to be told there are a number of pubs down the road. We seemed 2nd class citizens!

Well 3 of those pubs had bouncers on the doors and did not welcome away fans. WTF were they expecting us to do? We were not allowed in!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually, we were let into a small back street boozer in Bristol  by the land lady who was a lovely person and we had a good time talking to some Bristol City fans.

Sadly league football is not like non league football where you can have a good old natter to opposing fans without wanting to punch them! SBL

I'm a Portsmouth season ticket holder, Sadly you are correct the licensing regulations at Fratton park do not allow us to admit away supporters to the club and there is no alcohol for sale to any fans in the Milton End as the very limited catering facilities are within sight of the pitch.
Portsmouth however has a lot of pubs and I'm not aware of any that actively ban away fans (excludes Southampton matches!), and whilst there are always exceptions I doubt that you would receive other than a welcome.
For what its worth as a travelling Pompey Fan we were directed to the Doncaster Rovers club as the place to get a pre-match drink but banned from Harrogate Towns club. It didn't really matter as they couldn't feed the electricity meter with enough 10ps to keep the leccy on for the tills and floodlights for the 2 hours we waited, so we went to the local pub!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins heading for Pompey in FA Cup