PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday Pompey Chimes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Saturday Pompey Chimes  (Read 21240 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Pompey Chimes
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »

I’d have been tempted to send Neil and leave York to Phil

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2019, 03:29:00 PM »

where abouts at the ground will we be able to buy a program,are they on sale outside inside or do with have to find the club shop,as i always buy a program
Sellers in the street outside, usually one in the burger van lay-by about 100 yards off the bridge at Fratton Station but loads along the route to the ground. £3 usually a good read.

arnald

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2019, 03:59:14 PM »

To Paul any idea about the trains to Portsmouth from Waterloo? Is the whole line closed on the day?

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »

Big Ban Vader, Waterloo to Fratton seem unaffected. It’s the other route to Portsmouth that appears to have the replacement buses.can check on southern rail website but also if you look at buying tickets from Waterloo to Fratton on Trainline.com there’s no mention of any disruption. However, for comparison if you try waterloo to portsmouth you will see it mentions a bus replacement. I’m booked on the 11.09 Waterloo to Fratton.

arnald

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »

Big Ban Vader, Waterloo to Fratton seem unaffected. It’s the other route to Portsmouth that appears to have the replacement buses.can check on southern rail website but also if you look at buying tickets from Waterloo to Fratton on Trainline.com there’s no mention of any disruption. However, for comparison if you try waterloo to portsmouth you will see it mentions a bus replacement. I’m booked on the 11.09 Waterloo to Fratton.

Cheers for that I bought my tickets a bit ago I just was  abit confused about the change at waterloo
Thanks again mate

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2019, 05:29:46 PM »

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/~/media/files/plan-my-journey/planned-improvements/weekly-engineering-works/week192036-a4.pdf?la=en

Waterloo to Portsmouth (Fratton) is closed between Guildford and Petersfield with a replacement bus running between the two. Some trains are diverted via Eastleigh and Fareham therefore not requiring the bus stage but the diverted route takes about 25 mins longer than the usual direct service. The diverted route should still be quicker than the one with the bus in the middle assuming timings and tickets allow.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »

Once again a big thanks to Paul
Harold

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »

Basically Fratton normally has three different routes to/from London as follows:

a) Southwestern railway via Guildford to Waterloo (this is known as the Portsmouth Direct Line)
This is normally the fastest service and has 3 trains per hour with varying stops and times.
On the date of the Alty match this line is closed with a bus replacement between Guildford and Petersfield.

b) Southwestern railway via Eastleigh and Basingstoke to Waterloo. (this is known as the South Western Mainline)
This is basically fast to Woking then a stopping service via Basingstoke, Winchester and turns off the mainline at Eastleigh to serve a Branch to Portsmouth.
This line generally only has one train per hour. Journeys are around 30 minutes slower.
On the day of the Alty match this line is open throughout.

c) Southern Railway via Chichester and Gatwick  Airport to Victoria. (this is known as the Arun Valley Line).
This line generally only has one direct train per hour and is also around 30 minutes slower but usually has cheaper tickets. Its also good if your journey beyond London is by National Express Coach (as the coach station is about a block away from the railway station).
On the day of the Alty match this line is closed with a bus replacement between Havant and Barnham.

So basically that day there are direct trains between Fratton and London but its a matter of making sure that you are on a train that goes via Basingstoke and Eastleigh and that you allow enough time for your journey and take account of the fact it is likely to be a reduced frequency.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2019, 01:04:31 AM »

Understand that we have now sold over 500 tickets for Saturday, which is incredible.   If memory serves me correctly, that is on a par with how many we took to Sheffield United, SC**thorpe, Blackpool (twice) and Burnley back in the day.  Difference is obviously they were all pretty close, and Portsmouth is as far as we can go without crossing the channel!  Coupled with the 1300 we took to Chorley and the 4600 plus against Guiseley in the pay off final in 2014, this just shows the potential of the club and also how solid our core support base is, despite the difficulties of recent years.

I honestly believe that our potential support base if we have sustained success is way in excess of what we averaged in the late 70s and early 80s.  Note that when Pompey played Macc in the FA Cup 1st round in 2015 the attendance was 9834, of which - if memory serves me correctly - around 400 were travelling fans, who had had free coaches laid on.  Suffice to say this suggests that we are potentially a far, far bigger club than Macc will ever be, despite having been in the doldrums relatively speaking for much of the last 25 years that they have been a 'success'  ;D

Get your friends and family to get tickets and get down to Pompey on Saturday for what will be a legendary Alty day out whatever the result - it beats Christmas shopping!! Coaches are subsidised and match tickets no more than for a conference north match so lets really push the match on social media and around the town over the next few days, and make sure the players come out to a huge roar from the away end - so excited about this one - feel like I'm 14 all over again

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2019, 06:57:30 AM »

so excited about this one - feel like I'm 14 all over again] so excited about this one - feel like I'm 14 all over again
Glad it’s not just me   :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:06:01 PM by Bear Town Robin »

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »

Understand that we have now sold over 500 tickets for Saturday, which is incredible.   If memory serves me correctly, that is on a par with how many we took to Sheffield United, SC**thorpe, Blackpool (twice) and Burnley back in the day.  Difference is obviously they were all pretty close, and Portsmouth is as far as we can go without crossing the channel!  Coupled with the 1300 we took to Chorley and the 4600 plus against Guiseley in the pay off final in 2014, this just shows the potential of the club and also how solid our core support base is, despite the difficulties of recent years.

I honestly believe that our potential support base if we have sustained success is way in excess of what we averaged in the late 70s and early 80s.  Note that when Pompey played Macc in the FA Cup 1st round in 2015 the attendance was 9834, of which - if memory serves me correctly - around 400 were travelling fans, who had had free coaches laid on.  Suffice to say this suggests that we are potentially a far, far bigger club than Macc will ever be, despite having been in the doldrums relatively speaking for much of the last 25 years that they have been a 'success'  ;D

Get your friends and family to get tickets and get down to Pompey on Saturday for what will be a legendary Alty day out whatever the result - it beats Christmas shopping!! Coaches are subsidised and match tickets no more than for a conference north match so lets really push the match on social media and around the town over the next few days, and make sure the players come out to a huge roar from the away end - so excited about this one - feel like I'm 14 all over again

Read somewhere that League 1 clubs struggle to get 300 to Pompey so this
 Is a magnificent achievement if we can get another 100 tickets sold at get to the 650 mark that would be amazing of course this is probably our cup final but this competition has produced some big shocks in the pass with Alty causing 17 of them my excitement is building cannot wait.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2019, 10:35:54 AM »

We've got our tickets, 5 going, of which 2 are not regulars until this season, I am slowly spreading and growing the Alty Army.

How many did we take to Colchester? Its a long way so to exceed 500 is a fantastic achievement in my eyes.

Really looking forward to the game, anything can happen in a cup game. Just believe...

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »

so excited about this one - feel like I'm 14 all over again
Glad it’s not just me   :D

I thought about buying an advent calendar, and opening everything but the last 5 days as we countdown to Saturday.

4 more sleeps to go, 4 more sleeps till Portsmouth......

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »

We've got our tickets, 5 going, of which 2 are not regulars until this season, I am slowly spreading and growing the Alty Army.

How many did we take to Colchester? Its a long way so to exceed 500 is a fantastic achievement in my eyes.

Really looking forward to the game, anything can happen in a cup game. Just believe...

It was pretty much bang on 400 at Colchester IIRC. So at least 150 more then that I hope. Granted you can’t really compare Colchester and Portsmouth, Pompey away a much much bigger day out than Colchester would ever be.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday Pompey Chimes