Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most scared youve been at an alty match????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The most scared youve been at an alty match????  (Read 22145 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The most scared youve been at an alty match????
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2007, 06:42:49 PM »

Ah yes, the 'Real Alty Razor Squad' fearless hard men who cut a swathe through the terraces of northern non league in the late 70s/early 80s. This name is a bit of a Moss Lane urban myth and I am told is largely bollox by one of our more 'experienced' supporters (JTH). Started as a bit of a pisstake by someone writing 'Alty Razor Squad' in marker pen in the toliets at Mossley or something then spread from there. I remember in a similar vein, Tim Burgess of Charlatans fame referring to the 'Altrincham soccer casuals' in an interview in FHM yonks ago, I don't think we had much of a mob to speak of back in the day but I might be wrong? Anyone enlighten us.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »

RAZORS.....  RAZORS........  RAZORS!!!!!!!

;D

thegazelle

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 01:20:42 AM »

I can confirm having lived and sung through that era....... the alty razor squad did exist!!!!!

most  of them were bespectacled alty grammar school boys and it was a complete wind up.

However we were on occassions able to put to gether a very naughty crew of mainly utd and city fans who dealt out a certain amount of punishment to opposition fans who usually overstepped the mark ( crewe at home was a good example.) The usual singers were bullied out of the golf road by crewe fans and then a quite formidable mob of "alty fans " claimed it back leading to their top boy (probably self acclaimed)being battered on the grass bank by the snack bar and ending up in a very bad way in hospital and a couple of our local noterieties being arrested.

In those days there were several very unsavoury incidents but may be i am biased but it was usually after other thugs took liberties
ie the and he made me feel sick so i hit him with a brick and now he dont sing anymore in the northwich song  was true ( i can still see the victims eye hanging out to this day)

All i remember  is i ran away alot in those days and it was nice to see when certain faces turned up and looked after us. i can also remember being proud when us genuine alty fans  stood our ground. mossley a couple of times and a gang of northwich mods spring to mind

I can also remember being forced along with a certain "prospective players dad who must have signed for northwich on 500 quid a week by now"   to 'go and hit that bloke over there" so that the lder lads could go and steam in, the consequence was a slap if we didnt.

as i have said before i dont want to glorify those days but that was the way it was
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:33:13 AM by thegazelle »

teasybeaver

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »

The glory days of football!

Once I was in the Barinda in the small hours and a certain dribbling fiend (harv) pointed you out and said, "Thats 'The Gazelle', he was in the 'Alty Razor Squad'!"

I was in stitches at the thought of it all, and harv trying to tell me you were harder than a coffin nail if provoked. After several more Cobra's and half a popadom I then witnessed you pierce your ear with some girls earring for a laugh. Pure genius, hilarious and for a second I actually thought it was mildly scary!

I remember staggering home thinking 'Only in Hale!'

I say bring back the Razors!!!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »

I don't think I was ever in on the razor squad joke, but I do recall there being some graffiti to that name on the back of the Golf rd. It was just along from another that referred to someone called Looie and his proclivities involving large predatory freshwater fish I recall. No idea what that was all about!? ;) ::)
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »

trust me neither has looie any idesa why he ducks pike jaws for masochistic pleasure . Mr Horace Stjohn Bagshaw, the graffiti kid, had a lot to answer for with the looie graffiti, there was barely a desk at a certain boys school without reference to my looies sexual activities. I recall our physics teacher once they had actually found out who looie was, coming up to me and saying Carroll did you go to the isle of Mull for your holidays . No sir with a quizical look on my face says I . he replied "well their writing on the toilet walls about you up there now"

the ear piercing trick was after england beat paraguay in the world cup and i always thought i did it in the pub but now you mention it i fear it was upstairs at the barinda and in a fast show type way i was verrrry verry drunk.

markecky

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2007, 03:12:16 PM »

One of my earliest alty memories was seeing "Jonny Rogers Alty Razor Squad" chalked on the back of the golf rd end.  I thought they were a feared mob from the seventies.

Now I know it was Mossy, Brads, Pete Carroll and a few others  it has taken some of the mystique out of it!

thegazelle

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2007, 03:19:01 PM »

I think the original razor squad was before brads and mossy. i suspect yifter the shifter (did they play on the same bill as new order at the vale club) may have been involved

harv

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2007, 03:53:03 PM »

was bottle of stella Phil part of the Caroll crowd element or was that just make belief on Phils part

thegazelle

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2007, 05:32:34 PM »

indeed MR  bottle of stella phil, to you, was known to frequent the terraces of the golf road many moons ago,

little known facts he was a very very good footballer in his day
his father was an integral part of our giant killing exploits. i was there when he said to all and sundry "get barry howard to rip into stuart houston and you will beat them" and so it was and lo it became true and barry howard went forth and ripped into stuart houston and alty ssent them home with their tales between their legs. The gospel according to eric was well respected by mr tony and mr johnny.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »

I'm starting to realise that alcohol after all does not diminish the memory. After all not only do I recall the Pike(y) graffiti on the back wall of the Golf Rd but a certain individual who knows Louie also recalls it.

All that crap about alcohol affecting the brain is clearly untrue..............now then.....just who was Willy!? of Sale Moor?

Gazelle, another memory, being in a school Wednesday detention, you there too plus some bloke I can't recall....had a mullet....mad rush to a game involving blazers at yours, we didn't usually play Wednesdays, cup replay of some sort?

Sorry all if bit off topic here. 
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »

One of my earliest alty memories was seeing "Jonny Rogers Alty Razor Squad" chalked on the back of the golf rd end.  I thought they were a feared mob from the seventies.

Now I know it was Mossy, Brads, Pete Carroll and a few others  it has taken some of the mystique out of it!

Surely this cant be???

Mossy and Brads cant write for starters !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most scared youve been at an alty match????