PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Portsmouth match thread  (Read 33077 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth match thread
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 02:23:42 PM »

I think there is a 10% chance of a shock, just happy to be there.If we can hold them for 20 mins then 30 etc plus hit them on the break, who knows
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 06:29:40 PM »

Expect the worst and hope for the best, and determine to enjoy the experience is my perspective.  I am certain though that Phil's lads will give it their all, and that they are more talented individually and collectively than Pompey will be expecting. I also believe that Phil is a very shrewd and ambitious manager, and he will have a game plan - so don't write our chances.

Whatever happens, it is going to be a fantastic day and a great adventure for everyone who goes -  these are the sorts of matches that people still tell stories about in 20 plus years time.

Any idea anyone how many tickets we have sold now - and how many they have sold as well? Hope we get to 600 plus in a 10000 plus crowd

Come on Alty!!

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 06:34:22 PM »

Gutted that I'm not able to make the trip to Pompey.  They may be 3 divisions higher than us, but the pressure will rest entirely on their shoulders and they have everything to lose.  For our part, we take with us our current (excellent) form, an away record that is better than our home, a Cup history the envy of every NL side and a band of supporters to rival anything the home side will muster.  I don't think that Pompey will be looking forward to Saturday one bit.  PMA boys, PMA!  #COYR.

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »

Expect the worst and hope for the best, and determine to enjoy the experience is my perspective.  I am certain though that Phil's lads will give it their all, and that they are more talented individually and collectively than Pompey will be expecting. I also believe that Phil is a very shrewd and ambitious manager, and he will have a game plan - so don't write our chances.

Whatever happens, it is going to be a fantastic day and a great adventure for everyone who goes -  these are the sorts of matches that people still tell stories about in 20 plus years time.

Any idea anyone how many tickets we have sold now - and how many they have sold as well? Hope we get to 600 plus in a 10000 plus crowd

Come on Alty!!

Trust me, we have been/are watching you! ;)
Allegedly home tickets sales were around 6,000 prior to last nights victory.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 11:08:31 AM »

6000 before the Tuesday Pompey Paul - that's not bad, but lets hope the win gets a late surge of tickets - we need the money!!

Bit inconvenient that, having been very hit and miss this season, you seem to have come into a hot streak of form and are scoring for fun!

Still, we have some great players and a good team spirit so we will compete, and we will give you a run for your money - I don't believe Harrogate are better than us, and you only just turned them over. 

You will find that our fans are noisy and passionate, but entirely good natured.  We have great core support and of around 1000 and a high proportion of fans that regularly go to away matches - we are as passionate and committed as any league fans, and our club has a history and traditions that we are very proud of. Our closest rivals geographically probably Stockport - but it is a pretty friendly rivalry and there is no real needle between us - however we hate and are hated by Macclesfield Town, and the enmity survived years and years of being in different leagues and not playing each other - while I won't say it is as fierce as Pompey and Southampton - not sure that is possible - it is a proper, serious rivalry that goes back at least to the 1960s. 

Any kind of result at Fratton Park will rub their noses in it, so with due respect we hope you have an off day, as if you thrash us we will never hear the last of it from them!

Thanks for all your helpful posts and let's hope its a great football experience for everyone on Saturday  :)

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »

I believe we're touching 700 but entirely unconfirmed.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 12:46:35 PM »

700 is an amazing effort. Wonder if we can hit 800?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »

I believe we're touching 700 but entirely unconfirmed.

Bloody hell. Impressive.

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 03:06:50 PM »

Gutted that I'm not able to make the trip to Pompey.  They may be 3 divisions higher than us, but the pressure will rest entirely on their shoulders and they have everything to lose.  For our part, we take with us our current (excellent) form, an away record that is better than our home, a Cup history the envy of every NL side and a band of supporters to rival anything the home side will muster.  I don't think that Pompey will be looking forward to Saturday one bit.  PMA boys, PMA!  #COYR.

I think we will be looking forward to meeting you on Saturday.  Don't mistake us for one of the soft southern football (or Premier) league teams and don't think you are coming to some flat pack stadium.
It took us and our ground 22 years to gain promotion from the Southern League. 6000 of our (non league) supporters formed the 14th and 15th Battalions of the Hampshire Regiment in World War 1.
We are Pompey, we don't forget. :)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 03:22:47 PM »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »

Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »

Hi Pompey Paul.

Looking forward very much to travelling down to the game this Saturday to see your ground and a great match. I understand from seeing your team on TV that the atmosphere at Pompey is superb. As Alty fans are also noisy it should be a great game with a great atmosphere. The matches of this sort do not come to us very often but I have been to many matches in the FA Cup in my 45 years watching the Robins. This will be no different and I know your team will provide us with a good game and experience for our players. Our team have sprung surprise results in the past and I know we will give you a game.

Just curious to know what is the meaning of the bell played during your games. I have always assumed it is to do with Pompey's naval heritage, but I always heard it during games when you played in the Premiership. Thanks for your postings, found them an interesting read.

We are a good bunch, very vocal and have a deep love of the game like your good-selves. See you Saturday!

Steve from Sale
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:55:15 PM by Steve from Sale »

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 08:50:34 PM »

Hi Pompey Paul.

Looking forward very much to travelling down to the game this Saturday to see your ground and a great match. I understand from seeing your team on TV that the atmosphere at Pompey is superb. As Alty fans are also noisy it should be a great game with a great atmosphere. The matches of this sort do not come to us very often but I have been to many matches in the FA Cup in my 45 years watching the Robins. This will be no different and I know your team will provide us with a good game and experience for our players. Our team have sprung surprise results in the past and I know we will give you a game.

Just curious to know what is the meaning of the bell played during your games. I have always assumed it is to do with Pompey's naval heritage, but I always heard it during games when you played in the Premiership.

We are a good bunch, very vocal and have a deep love of the game like your good-selves. See you Saturday!

Steve from Sale

That'll be Mr. John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:52:37 PM by Back Roads »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread