PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Portsmouth match thread  (Read 33084 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth match thread
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »

Very proud of the team.
Very proud of the fans.
Very proud of the club.

Unlucky but very proud ;D

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »

I'd rather be playing Bradford next week than one of the teams from the other end of the league. We just need to get two or three wins together and we'll be re-focussed on the playoffs. I can't see us catching York but All the top teams are beatable if we can get ourselves to that end of the table.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »

I'd rather be playing Bradford next week than one of the teams from the other end of the league. We just need to get two or three wins together and we'll be re-focussed on the playoffs. I can't see us catching York but All the top teams are beatable if we can get ourselves to that end of the table.
If we don't catch York, we could be looking at 3rd, since Kings Lynn are top, and, on what I saw at their place, are a better side. However, their squad appears to be short of depth, and injury to Marriott and/or Gash could be a problem.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »

Just back and a few reflections on the day.....
- A brilliant performance, after a nervous start we got into the game, the passing was slick and we controlled the game. The Portsmouth goal came at a time we were really dominating the game. At this level you get punished if you play the ball back across the area.
- We have been playing well recently, but today we moved up a level, there were some immense performances, Jake and Sean in Midfield, James Jones at the back, Jordon caused them all sorts of problems and JJ was running at them, particularly in the second half.
- A few really strange decisions, the penalty is on the BBC and you can watch it, but the Portsmouth player who took out Jordan from behind when he was running in on goal didn't look to get booked, and they should have definitely been down to 10 men. Their number 19 Harness was booked then committed a further cynical foul on JJ, which was given as a foul but then the referee did nothing.
- Support was brilliant; you would be embarrassed if you had 8000 fans there and were out sung by 600 fans who had travelled 6 hours to get there.
- So despite the obvious disappointment, a brilliant FA Cup run, this must really help the budget this year. We just need to pick ourselves up, we are playing the best football this team has played.

Can't agree with the fans comment I'm afraid.I wouldn't  expect them to be pumped to play the Alty, more expectant. Alty however are treating it like our Cup final
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:26:24 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

Keeping everyone fit and healthy is the key. Only KL have been a match for us in months.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 04:23:16 PM »

Thank you to the Pompey fans who came on here prior to the game. Came across as a very friendly set, and that was proven in and around the ground.

I particularly enjoyed the comment about Southampton fans 'caring for their ponies'... Macc care for their sheep in much the same way.

Gutted by the last minute but the team and club are so much stronger now than in 2015.

Very proud of Altrincham FC.

(will back Pompey when they're playing Southampton now).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:54:52 PM by Back Roads »

Bonzo

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2019, 05:00:37 PM »

So proud after a performance like that ...the only way is UP...no need to be despondent... before the match I was wondering how this team would react to facing higher league opposition, no worries after a display like that....fear no one.
Credit must be given to the behind the scenes preparation of the team. Discussion on the coach on the return journey was how fit the players must be considering their part time status, and yet there no sign of flagging in the last part of the match.

In all a great day out. Good travelling companions, smooth journeys, fantastic vocal support in the ground (nice touch of zigger-zagga chant), and a fantastic team performance on the pitch, - a credit to all concerned at the club.
Long may it continue.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:33 PM »

Didn't go yesterday, watched all the footage I can and must say what a great effort from fans, management and players.

To be 10 secons from being in the hat for the 3rd round and a certain TV game is heartbreaking.

As penance for not going I shall attend the CSC on Tuesday
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »

I think I will give watching the draw a miss tomorrow night .

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »

Thank you to the Pompey fans who came on here prior to the game. Came across as a very friendly set, and that was proven in and around the ground.

I particularly enjoyed the comment about Southampton fans 'caring for their ponies'... Macc care for their sheep in much the same way.

Gutted by the last minute but the team and club are so much stronger now than in 2015.

Very proud of Altrincham FC.

(will back Pompey when they're playing Southampton now).

I agree - a really decent bunch - one Pompey fan ran out of McDonald’s before the game to say welcome and hope you enjoy the game to us.

They’re a bit quiet in the ground though eh 🤫

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »

I agree with all the reports on here and comments. Really enjoyed my day yesterday even though it was very tiring.  This team has great fighting spirit and is possibly the best since the 79-81 team. They still have much to give and there is plenty more this season ongoing. I would like us to have a good crack at the FA Trophy now we are out of the FA Cup. Lets try and keep a very handy revenue stream going as long as we can so we can build for the future.

For me Willo, TT  and Jordan were the stand-out players, but in all honesty everyone more than did their bit yesterday. I enjoyed Portsmouth's ground yesterday. I was stopped many times on the way back to the bus by Pompey fans being sympathetic and admiring our team. I even had to excuse myself in case I missed the coach. The whole club ethos they gave was superb and I enjoyed my visit to a traditional football ground with bucketloads of character. There are sadly not many grounds left like that now.

Thanks to the club from board through to the management, players and staff for more very happy memories to add to those I already have. Glad the younger fans could see something like that, and the feedback from Pompey is much appreciated. Very very proud of our football club. Never mind the playoffs, lets have a crack at the league now, we are good enough.

Only thing to worry about for me is the January transfer window, lets keep this squad together!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2019, 11:13:58 PM »

24 hours now since I got back from Portsmouth and the overall feeling is still one of pride in the players, management, supporters and club in general. I think everyone present would agree we deserved something from the game.
My first visit to Portsmouth since 1993 and to Fratton Park since 1985, and the atmosphere at both, in what used to be a very unwelcoming city, has improved immeasurably.
As we know, we have had some worldwide coverage for this match. My friend in Florida, who paid to watch it, and may not appreciate the difference between stoppage and extra time, says "Heck of a thing! In extra time. Ah well. The Robins played well."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:17:25 PM by Sale Holmfield »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »

Not sure if anyone else bought a program? I did, some interesting pages on Alty, stats on players with goals scored etc. Histrionics of different years the club wen through with success etc. Good value at £2.50 Good little read.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2019, 10:43:32 AM »

Only thing to worry about for me is the January transfer window, lets keep this squad together!

I’ve had the same thought; you could argue that they all put themselves in the shop window on Saturday. Think the club should disconnect their phone lines for the month of January!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »

Not sure if anyone else bought a program? I did, some interesting pages on Alty, stats on players with goals scored etc. Histrionics of different years the club wen through with success etc. Good value at £2.50 Good little read.
I bought one and got a pleasant surprise when he said £2.50 instead of £3.00.A very nice touch having free pizza at halftime as well.A big thanks to Portsmouth for all they did for us.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:20:54 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread