PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Portsmouth match thread  (Read 33078 times)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth match thread
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2019, 08:42:59 AM »

I wonder if Pompey will take as many to Fleetwood as we took to theirs?
Seeing as they took over 600 to Harrogate in the first round on a Monday night, I'd say so.

Easy sell out their allocation. They travel well.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »

Still gutted now. Is that injury time heartbreak in our previous three FA Cup games away at football league sides?

Part of me would have rather lost 6-0 at Portsmouth and just enjoyed the day out than go through it again. But that is being slightly unfair and would have meant the current players and management missing the chance to shine on the bigger stage which, after a performance like that, they throughly deserved.

Thankfully the fixture gods have been kind enough to serve up the leagues two remedial sides for the next two games. So any hangover from Saturday should be easy enough to shake off, and hopefully we can carry forward the good form of the past couple of months into the upcoming league fixtures.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2019, 09:52:45 AM »

I know where you are coming from but Bradford seem to have started to get their act together, they should be beatable but harder than it would have been a month ago
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:14 AM »

Still gutted now. Is that injury time heartbreak in our previous three FA Cup games away at football league sides?

Part of me would have rather lost 6-0 at Portsmouth and just enjoyed the day out than go through it again. But that is being slightly unfair and would have meant the current players and management missing the chance to shine on the bigger stage which, after a performance like that, they throughly deserved.

Thankfully the fixture gods have been kind enough to serve up the leagues two remedial sides for the next two games. So any hangover from Saturday should be easy enough to shake off, and hopefully we can carry forward the good form of the past couple of months into the upcoming league fixtures.

I think its colchester and Pompey only but that's bad enough to be worried next time we reach the second round.Third time luckily hopefully.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »

I was talking to a guy on the train back to London whose last three away matches were Pompey, Colchester and the 6-1 defeat at Burnley in 1982.  Ouch three times

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2019, 11:07:27 AM »

I think its colchester and Pompey only but that's bad enough to be worried next time we reach the second round.Third time luckily hopefully.
And the 3-3 at Burton (I had to look this one up).
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2019, 01:31:22 PM »

I was talking to a guy on the train back to London whose last three away matches were Pompey, Colchester and the 6-1 defeat at Burnley in 1982.  Ouch three times
Find out who he is and ban him - he's a jinx !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Portsmouth match thread